Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC..you ok bro?

You usually come in with your snarky couple sentences and then dip. You been writing novels back and forth with others for a solid 2 weeks now my man. I hope whatever is going on with ya gets better tbh.
    I have a 49" curved ultrawide monitor, it's only 5 lines to me.

All good though, thanks

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC trying to downplay his 2 week effort to defend his life.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a 49" curved ultrawide monitor, it's only 5 lines to me.

All good though, thanks
    Same character length, fattie. Just binge watch something on Netflix and feel better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't do so by choice. It's like saying "you beat your heart" because your heart beats. Then you could simply conclude, if you'd just keep beating your heart, you should stay alive. If people would just base their beliefs on real things... but they don't have a choice. At least that's how it seems (I believe very few things absolutely but there are some).

I think it's possible that minds that are different chemically with different environmental factors will use different reasoning tactics. Whatever reasoning seems to fit best causes people to take what information is already available in their mind and quickly create a hypothesis (wild ass guess). They have the tendency to self compel, for lack of a better word (delude?) to a notion that over time becomes indistinguishable from belief. I don't consider it an ability, just a tendency or trait. I don't think they choose that way, even if some of them are infected with mental laziness. I think this is why you see some people from the unlikeliest of cir stances or environments excel academically once they get free of those cir stances - because they continue to seek proof because they cannot form a comfortable belief without constant reaffirmation.

I wouldn't doubt that people who struggle to find enough evidence to form comfortable belief in things could have it any other way.

Of course, lacking trust in a proposition simply because you lack the energy to research it is a different issue. This probably can be said about many atheists who have never felt the desire to actually research religion.
    Nowhere in my comment did i imply it’s by choice. Coulda saved us from that wall of text

Saying you base your beliefs on something doesn’t necessarily mean you are choosing something here

do you believe in gravity? If so, is it based on your experience interacting with objects, and what you have learned about gravity? Doesn’t necessarily mean you “choose” to believe something just because your belief is based on something

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weirdos tbqh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nowhere in my comment did i imply it’s by choice. Coulda saved us from that wall of text

Saying you base your beliefs on something doesn’t necessarily mean you are choosing something here

do you believe in gravity? If so, is it based on your experience interacting with objects, and what you have learned about gravity? Doesn’t necessarily mean you “choose” to believe something just because your belief is based on something
    You went from "you base your beliefs on" to "your beliefs are based on". Compare to "you cause your illness" vs "your illness is caused by".

The reason it matters is because of the tendency to claim that people choose to believe things. Even when it's acknowledged that they don't actually choose, the same gets said again later "if you'd base your beliefs on reality" as if someone has a choice. Simply saying "if your beliefs were based on reality" removes the choice/blame and just offers an alternative cir stance. The fact many of you don't get this is an indication of just how worthless your opinions are.

But by all means, if whomever this "us" is you're referring to doesn't want to read, stop interjecting with faulty reasoning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You went from "you base your beliefs on" to "your beliefs are based on". Compare to "you cause your illness" vs "your illness is caused by".

The reason it matters is because of the tendency to claim that people choose to believe things. Even when it's acknowledged that they don't actually choose, the same gets said again later "if you'd base your beliefs on reality" as if someone has a choice. Simply saying "if your beliefs were based on reality" removes the choice/blame and just offers an alternative cir stance. The fact many of you don't get this is an indication of just how worthless your opinions are.

But by all means, if whomever this "us" is you're referring to doesn't want to read, stop interjecting with faulty reasoning.
    in the context of my post, you can consider "you base your belief on" and "your belief is based on" to be interchangeable

you didnt engage with my gravity example

i can pretty safely assume that nobody wanted to see that wall of text that attacked a strawman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Dmc still going. He’s now delving into philosophy - determinism and free will.

The lengths this er will go to to argue appear to be boundless.

But it’s all worth it! Internet cred +3 points with Snakeboy and calf tats.

Internet cred remains 0 with everyone else who sees through his clown act.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    DMC trying to downplay his 2 week effort to defend his life.
    He saw the “mass post all Friday/Saturday night” corner go empty due to Derp’s banning, and chose to be the hero nobody wants or needs

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lol. Dmc still going. He’s now delving into philosophy - determinism and free will.

The lengths this er will go to to argue appear to be boundless.

But it’s all worth it! Internet cred +3 points with Snakeboy and calf tats.

Internet cred remains 0 with everyone else who sees through his clown act.
    He is very intelligent!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He saw the “mass post all Friday/Saturday night” corner go empty due to Derp’s banning, and chose to be the hero nobody wants or needs
    o, I'd like to report a murder

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in the context of my post, you can consider "you base your belief on" and "your belief is based on" to be interchangeable

you didnt engage with my gravity example

i can pretty safely assume that nobody wanted to see that wall of text that attacked a strawman
    1. No I won't consider that
    2. Your gravity example was stupid because you used the same phrase twice. "do you believe in gravity? If so, is it based on your experience interacting with objects, and what you have learned about gravity? Doesn’t necessarily mean you “choose” to believe something just because your belief is based on something." -Philo I didn't say "I cannot believe gravity exists, but if I base my belief in reality, that might work better". You didn't ask "did you base it?"
    3. You can safely assume that I didn't ask for your opinion as well but that didn't stop you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    might be time to change that diaper, crankypants

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah anybody who can actual attempt to think would be alien to you.
    Personally I would like the dialogue to continue.
    Last edited by pgardn; 10-17-2021 at 10:40 AM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My take:

We, human beings, are only partially capable of taking up the task of actually trying to model all the phenomena that occur and then making rules by which we think the phenomena follow.

1. The world we try to understand and manipulate is sensed on the most direct level by sensory organs that cannot directly sense the very fundamental nature of the phenomena we try to characterize. So we are always left to, its kind of like " a ball rolling down a hill" " it smells like _____ and then it gets very hot", " it sounds like _____ and then it tastes like dirt" all metaphors and clearly unsatifactory. We have built machines that can turn phenomena into sensory information our brain can process, but this is a huge gap that can lead to very bad modeling on an abstract level.

2. Then we go to math to do away with the metaphor and make us feel comfortable that we actual know a physical event, because the math helps us predict the physical event. I believe this is a huge step, but not nearly as huge as the universe and phenomena could be and most likely are. Nonetheless this is incredibly powerful because then our desire to manipulate the world around us becomes attainable. But we clearly DO NOT understand all the manifestations of our manipulations for "immediate" satisfaction. ANd we fk up a lot of stuff we never saw coming.

3. We are very proud and full of hubris when it comes to science. It is super helpful for immediate needs and helps us solve a bunch of rudimentary problems. Most people like to point out the medical advances and the understanding how to alleviate pain and prolong life. But we are not made for the fundamentals. We evolved to solve problems in a fairly wonderous fashion merely meant for understanding grass plains dotted with stand of trees. Symbolic language (huge advance) makes the abstract more understandable and we are able to fiddle-work with it (math). But we seem to think this is the pinnacle of the adventure... This I dont get. At all. We evolved for dealing with life on the savannah, and now we are scratching our heads about the shape of the universe? And then we get huge slaps in the face when the most fundamental rules fall away and become questionable so we calm ourselves by using probability and more models and fancier machines to pick up fundamental events. Its not enough for understanding everything and it never will be. We will invent new ways to approach modeling our universe. And we will keep failing, but feeling pretty fine because it is predictive, until we pick up a new event that blows it all apart and says "not so, absolutely not so in this case" and it just keeps happening. This is supposed to be fun. And I personally think it is.

Yeah.
    And I can ramble on till no one will care. And thats ok.
    Especially for the reader-listener.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. No I won't consider that
    2. Your gravity example was stupid because you used the same phrase twice. "do you believe in gravity? If so, is it based on your experience interacting with objects, and what you have learned about gravity? Doesn’t necessarily mean you “choose” to believe something just because your belief is based on something." -Philo I didn't say "I cannot believe gravity exists, but if I base my belief in reality, that might work better". You didn't ask "did you base it?"
    3. You can safely assume that I didn't ask for your opinion as well but that didn't stop you.
    So do you believe in gravity? If if so, why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dmc just begging for dic pic to relish on his 49" curved ultrawide monitor and stop bloviating, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC..you ok bro?

You usually come in with your snarky couple sentences and then dip. You been writing novels back and forth with others for a solid 2 weeks now my man. I hope whatever is going on with ya gets better tbh.
    Hopefully you grow a set of balls one day and stop pretending you already got them. Pussy!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Hopefully you grow a set of balls one day and stop pretending you already got them. Pussy!
    Says the guy who hides from Joseph Kony

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The over/under of tats crying about people not leaving him alone at 7 posts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Says the guy who hides from Joseph Kony
    You keep saying this as if anyone is "hiding" from that puto. That has my address and swore he'd show up so why don't you stop sucking him off already and ask him why he's such a ?

As well, the invite was extended to you some time back yet you'd rather be a cheerleading fatty instead of a man.

Go yourself FATTY!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'd be awesome if all these alts were ousted or straight out banned. You s with alts are nothing but pussies.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You keep saying this as if anyone is "hiding" from that puto. That has my address and swore he'd show up so why don't you stop sucking him off already and ask him why he's such a ?

As well, the invite was extended to you some time back yet you'd rather be a cheerleading fatty instead of a man.

Go yourself FATTY!
    You seem really sensitive whenever I bring up how scared you are of Joseph Kony. Only a weak beta male acts like that tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You seem really sensitive whenever I bring up how scared you are of Joseph Kony. Only a weak beta male acts like that tbh
    No one is sensitive except you s.

Again, you want to prove how alpha you are then come see me bro instead of cheerleading on your boyfriend time and time again. Then again, that would assume you can get off that soiled couch of yours FATTY!

Tbh, I wouldn't doubt if you are JK and many other alts here. JK was a when he came on the scene back in like 2012 or whatever and he hasn't changed since. He thinks I don't remember how he was back then but I do. I also see how pathetic he is as he plays his little games made for little girls and nerds like your fatass.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No one is sensitive except you s.

Again, you want to prove how alpha you are then come see me bro instead of cheerleading on your boyfriend time and time again. Then again, that would assume you can get off that soiled couch of yours FATTY!

Tbh, I wouldn't doubt if you are JK and many other alts here. JK was a when he came on the scene back in like 2012 or whatever and he hasn't changed since. He thinks I don't remember how he was back then but I do. I also see how pathetic he is as he plays his little games made for little girls and nerds like your fatass.
    You seem really upset. Real men don’t cry about stuff like this. Stop being such a weak beta.

Thread Information