Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Unofficial First Team ST D-Wade #3's Avatar
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    "Kevin McHale gave them Kevin Garnett," cracked Jackson, speaking of McHale when he was VP of basketball operations in Minnesota. "I mean, why not? Geez. That's somebody calling the kettle black."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-....column?page=2

Banned
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol grey spur fan.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah so, he agrees the Laker trade for Gasol was collusion?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Name heard today as a possible target for Paul Allen in his hunt for the next Blazers GM: Jerry West"

From Jason Quick, beat writer for Portland.

We can expect to see LaMarcus Aldridge or Brandon Roy traded to the Lakers for a bunch of Laker scrubs as part of a "salary dump" a la Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Kevin McHale gave them Kevin Garnett," cracked Jackson, speaking of McHale when he was VP of basketball operations in Minnesota. "I mean, why not? Geez. That's somebody calling the kettle black."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-....column?page=2

phil jackson, a very good coach but runs his mouth like a teenager.....degrading for a coach of his status....

My Team
    Phoenix Suns
    Post Count
    Is Phil slowly turning into Shaq?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Phil slowly turning into Shaq?
    Except Shaq's been losing weight. I doubt Phil would've ran on the court for the last second time-out like Doc did last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh it's on now mother er!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what's funny is that article doesn't mention the Gasol trade at all. Jackson was pissed that McHale said that the Celtics have the advantage in coaching this series.

it's pretty obvious that he feels guilty about the collusion involved in the Gasol trade, however. an unprovoked mention of the Garnett trade over something completely different is strong evidence for that.

Then again, that's the Laker/Lakerfan way. When someone talks , deflect by saying something completely off topic.

Example -

SpursTalk Poster: haha Lakers lose game 2

Lakerfan: haha Spurs/Mavs/Suns/etc suck ass!

SpursTalk Poster: nobody cares about that, we care about the Lakers losing.

Lakerfan: Your mom cares when I put my in her ass!
    well said

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I hate Phil Jackson as much as the next guy, but the OP clearly took this out of context. He's saying the Garnett trade was as much collusion as the Gasol trade, and he's right.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's saying the Garnett trade was as much collusion as the Gasol trade, and he's right.
    now we have the dumb opinion.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is BS, Garnett to the celtics for practically nothing, Gasol to the Lakers for practically nothing...Hmmm the nba should instill a rule in that a GM can not trade their players to the GM's former teams. Kevin McHale, Jerry West..lol

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    last I checked, Al Jefferson wasn't a complete scrub, some soft Euro's fat brother, or the biggest bust in NBA history.

To say Boston got Garnett for "practically nothing" is stupid. The Garnett trade was somewhat lopsided, but nowhere near as ridiculous as the Gasol trade.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    KG to Celts was pretty much the definition of collusion. Mchale turns down a superior Laker package and sends KG to his beantown buddy and former team.

Just imagine the negotiations for a second.

NB:lol Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_ Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fa kers_ 21_Blessings's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    last I checked, Al Jefferson wasn't a complete scrub, some soft Euro's fat brother, or the biggest bust in NBA history.
    Al Jefferson is one of the worst defenders in the league, literally. He was on the worst team in the league when he was traded. Hasn't even won 30 games since trade and still doesn't play defense. His only accomplishments have been tearing his ACL and a DUI.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Al Jefferson is one of the worst defenders in the league, literally. He was on the worst team in the league when he was traded. Hasn't even won 30 games since trade and still doesn't play defense. His only accomplishments have been tearing his ACL and a DUI.
    Still better than Kwame Brown. You lose.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kwame was salary dump. You lose.

Paying Al Jefferson a 40 million extension would have ensured Boston went nowhere.

The fact that Rondo wasn't in the deal and Telfair (addition by subtraction) was is further proof of the collusion.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Kwame was salary dump. You lose.
    The strategy of every NBA franchise is to salary dump their best player but then demand fair value of the #2 guy on the team. You lose.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least the Wolves got a proven young big-man prospect in Al Jefferson - plus some lottery picks.

Not a bunch of trash and a mid second round stashed drafted pick who just happened to turn out pretty good.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Cap space = future all-star. Randolph + Gasol and 2 1st rounder >>>>>>>>>>> Jefferson. You lost a long time ago.

It doesn't matter. Mchale turned down the better package from LA. End result = Lakers dynasty. Boston 1 and done.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    taking a chance with Zach Randolph and Marc Gasol losing weight doesn't justify the Gasol deal one bit. At the time of the trade Marc Gasol was Pau's fat little brother that nobody wanted. Zach Randolph was a move of desperation that panned out because of dumb luck.

All that financial flexibility and Rudy Gay won't be re-signed You lose.

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    LOL Al Jefferson is >>>>> than anything Memphis got for Gasol. Phil Jackson needs to SHUT THE UP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter. Mchale turned down the better package from LA.
    Care to share the details of this supposed superior offer?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Care to share the details of this supposed superior offer?
    That would require 21 Palins to stop talking out of his ass. In other words don't hold your breath.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would require 21 Palins to stop talking out of his ass. In other words don't hold your breath.
    The superior trade was Kwame Brown + Javaris Crittenton + Marc Gasol + late draft picks. LOL 21_Cuckcolds.

Thread Information