Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could you imagine slurping a cancerous pos like kawhi for free??
    they do this free of charge or even acknowledgement.
    What is weird is they only pop out during VERY convenient times. Whose alts are these? Or do they actually monitor this forum 24/7 for any criticism made against their lord and savior Kawhi? These es sniff out any topic where Kawhi is mentioned? Do they have an alarm that goes off? The ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is weird is they only pop out during VERY convenient times. Whose alts are these? Or do they actually monitor this forum 24/7 for any criticism made against their lord and savior Kawhi? These es sniff out any topic where Kawhi is mentioned? Do they have an alarm that goes off? The ?
    Welcome to SpursTalk. Some people have way too much time on their hands.

I'm convinced there are still a bunch of old bitter Suns and Mavs fans lurking and trying to troll any Spurs fans who will give them attention now that we have finally hit some adversity.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to SpursTalk. Some people have way too much time on their hands.

I'm convinced there are still a bunch of old bitter Suns and Mavs fans lurking and trying to troll any Spurs fans who will give them attention now that we have finally hit some adversity.
    Yup. The Laker fans who stuck around during their long drought have earned their bragging rights. Suns and Mavs fans, though? Come on.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    1. To put the metrics in context, what they indicate is he arguably played his role better than anyone else did theirs. But he was a role player, which inherently meant he wasn't tasked with the most difficult job, creating offense and being the focus of opposing defenses.

That's why a role player should never win it, it was a slap in the face of the biggest 3 that he did and the league should have done what they long should have and changed it to playoffs MVP.

The narrative midway through the '13 Finals about Green being the leading candidate was asinine as well.
    You are arguing about an award that doesn’t exist (“Playoff MVP”), Kawhi was the best player in 3 of the 4 Finals games which warranted him winning FMVP. He defended LeBron & led the team in scoring/rebounding/blocks while creating shots within a motion offense rather than being spoon fed like Danny/Iggy.

It’s not like Tim was getting doubled nor Porker/Manu breaking down the offense repeatedly that they deserved it over him. The team had a net rating of +35 with him on the floor (despite him being matched up with LeBron outside of garbage time) which is higher than the “big 3” combined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [LIST=1][*]

You are arguing about an award that doesn’t exist (“Playoff MVP”), Kawhi was the best player in 3 of the 4 Finals games which warranted him winning FMVP. He defended LeBron & led the team in scoring/rebounding/blocks while creating shots within a motion offense rather than being spoon fed like Danny/Iggy.

It’s not like Tim was getting doubled nor Porker/Manu breaking down the offense repeatedly that they deserved it over him. The team had a net rating of +35 with him on the floor (despite him being matched up with LeBron outside of garbage time) which is higher than the “big 3” combined.
    Kawhi definitely deserves that Finals MVP. No doubt he played great for those 3 games. But I hate when they use that award to say that he led the Spurs to a le which just totally isn’t true. In fact, I remember Kawhi sucking in round 1, meh in round 2, and besides that epic amazing strip block of Westbrook, feeling he underperformed in the WCF. Thanks fully we had the GOAT to hit the game winner and send us to the finals.

In 2015, when everyone said (Pop included) that it was Kawhi’s team I remember thinking it’s going to take a while for that transition to happen. And then it did in 2017 and it was awesome... until Zaza. Cost us a ring

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [LIST=1][*]

I'm saying the '14 Finals should have been the last straw for the league on that front.

It got lost in the massacre, but James eviscerated him in that series and who cares about small sample size counting stats, in an egalitarian offense no less.

Parker and Ginobili were breaking down the defense by destroying the Heat's blitzing p-n-r defense, with Duncan, Splitter, Diaw picking them apart on the short roll in 4-on-3's and the spot up shooters (like S bag) being the beneficiaries of it.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I'm saying the '14 Finals should have been the last straw for the league on that front.

It got lost in the massacre, but James eviscerated him in that series and who cares about small sample size counting stats, in an egalitarian offense no less.

Parker and Ginobili were breaking down the defense by destroying the Heat's blitzing p-n-r defense, with Duncan, Splitter, Diaw picking them apart on the short roll in 4-on-3's and the spot up shooters (like S bag) being the beneficiaries of it.
    The hate is blinding you, Kawhi was finishing at the basket off the dribble more so than shooting spot ups which is what unlocked him in game 3-5.

Aside from a couple of scoring barges here-&-there on unsustainable shooting (a handful in Timothy’s face off switches) LeBrat was more effective in garbage time than he was in the meat of the game despite being guarded with minimal help as they were staying home on the shooters which is why they switched the Bosh PnP that resulted w/ Tim checking LeBrat. Otherwise, he was literally driving for layups when the Heat were down 20 & completely outplayed by Kawhi in Gm 3 which is what swung that series.

As far as Porker, he was so effective pounding the rock (playing into the Heatle’s strength) that the team was a neutral with him on the floor meanwhile Patty was putting the nail in the coffin with his quick decision making ala Kiwi.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 12-07-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The hate is blinding you, Kawhi was finishing at the basket off the dribble more so than shooting spot ups which is what unlocked him in game 3-5.

Aside from a couple of scoring barges here-&-there on unsustainable shooting (a handful in Timothy’s face off switches) LeBrat was more effective in garbage time than he was in the meat of the game despite being guarded with minimal help as they were staying home on the shooters which is why they switched the Bosh PnP that resulted w/ Tim checking LeBrat. Otherwise, he was literally driving for layups when the Heat were down 20 & completely outplayed by Kawhi in Gm 3 which is what swung that series.

As far as Porker, he was so effective pounding the rock (playing into the Heatle’s strength) that the team was a neutral with him on the floor meanwhile Patty was putting the nail in the coffin with his quick decision making ala Kiwi.
    No, the truth is like shades to my eyes, allowing me to see clearly. He was mostly driving closeouts or feasting in transition/secondary break, which again were created off of others breaking down the defense. When games 3-5 turned into blowouts, there were a few Anthony esque jab step jumpers. Congratulations!

You can attempt to parse it however you want, James still destroyed your boy.

I wasn't speaking to his effectiveness, just his role.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    No, the truth is like shades to my eyes, allowing me to see clearly. He was mostly driving closeouts or feasting in transition/secondary break, which again were created off of others breaking down the defense. When games 3-5 turned into blowouts, there were a few Anthony esque jab step jumpers. Congratulations!

You can attempt to parse it however you want, James still destroyed your boy.

I wasn't speaking to his effectiveness, just his role.
    You can parse it all you want but LeBrat had more turnovers than buckets in Gm 3 after stating “we like our chances going home” following Gm 2 & Kiwi will forever be FMVP so you can cry till the cows come home

One second he’s “souped up Bowen” next second he was just feasting on spots like Danny, next second but...but...but...he was driving b/c he can actually shoot, dribble & finish with contact. (LeBrat constantly begging for screens to attack Timothy)

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can parse it all you want but LeBrat had more turnovers than buckets in Gm 3 after stating “we like our chances going home” following Gm 2 & Kiwi will forever be FMVP so you can cry till the cows come home

One second he’s “souped up Bowen” next second he was just feasting on spots like Danny, next second but...but...but...he was driving b/c he can actually shoot, dribble & finish with contact. (LeBrat constantly begging for screens to attack Timothy)

James averaged 28 on a 68 true shooting %, in his 4th straight Finals, while carrying an immense mpg/usage workload.

Bowen, Green and that version of S bag all played the same role, genius.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    James averaged 28 on a 68 true shooting %, in his 4th straight Finals, while carrying an immense mpg/usage workload.
    I have one question, do you have any more excuses Roy?

Now to analyze LeBron's 2014 Finals in full context. LeBron was only productive for the first 2 games of the series. In the final 3 games, LeBron didn't show up on offense or defense, and was completely outplayed by 13 ppg Kawhi Leonard across the board. The majority of LeBron's stats over the last 3 games were padded in blowout situations (being down 15+). LeBron by no means was "carrying" his team in these Finals. The majority of LeBron's stats over the last 3 games were padded in blowout situations (being down 15+). And he got outplayed by Kawhi Leonard over the last 3 games

Games 3-4-5
    Lebron scored 51 of his 81 points (63%) being down 15+
    Leonard scored 27 of his 71 points (38%) being up 15+
    Leonard outscored Lebron 44-30 in non-blowout situations

Leonard 23.7 ppg on 69%
    LeBron 27.0 ppg on 55%
    (Leonard 14% more efficient)

And again, Lebron stats were heavily padded in garbage time, in non blowout situations Leonard outscored him

Leonard 9.3 rpg
    LeBron 7.7 rpg

Leonard 2.0 spg
    LeBron 1.7 spg

Leonard 2.0 bpg
    LeBron 0.7 bpg

Leonard 2.3 apg with 1.7 TOpg
    LeBron 4.7 apg with 3.7 TOpg
    Leonard had a slightly better ast:TO ratio

Through games 3-4-5, Leonard scored much more efficiently (and more in non blowout situations) and outrebounded, outstole, and outblocked Lebron with a better ast:TO ratio

Game 3
    Lebron had 14 points and 0 TO in first quarter, then 8 points and 7 TOs for the last 3 quarters. LeBron had 22-5-7-5 with 7 TOs on 64%, Wade had 22-4-2-2 with 5 TOs on 67%. But over the last 3 quarters, LeBron had 8 points and 7 TOs to Wade's 20 points and 3 TOs. The Heat cut the lead from 15 to 9 without LeBron, after Wade subbed in for him, from the 5:00 to 1:00 mark of the 3rd quarter, but even with that help LeBron still lost.

Game 4
    Lebron had 9 points in first half and the Heat were blown out by 19 at halftime. He padded his stats from there, and did not score on Leonard in the first half.

Game 5
    Lebron had 1 FG in 2nd quarter (2:30 mark) to bring the Heat within 5. Then he did not score again until the Heat were down 21 with 4:40 in the 3rd. He shot 1-6 against Leonard in this game according to ESPN "MVP Leonard Does it All," and according to that same article Leonard shot 65% on LeBron's overrated defense - https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/...rd-does-it-all

Bowen, Green and that version of S bag all played the same role, genius.

Klay Thompson & JR Smith played the same role, dumbass.
    Last edited by Kawhitstorm; 12-07-2020 at 08:16 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny that guys take this so personal still.
    Whatevs. Dude's gone and it's been years since.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Kawhi definitely deserves that Finals MVP. No doubt he played great for those 3 games. But I hate when they use that award to say that he led the Spurs to a le which just totally isn’t true. In fact, I remember Kawhi sucking in round 1, meh in round 2, and besides that epic amazing strip block of Westbrook, feeling he underperformed in the WCF. Thanks fully we had the GOAT to hit the game winner and send us to the finals.
    Rd 1 was a weird series where the Mavs kept switching & Porker dribbling the air out of the ball. Kawhi would try to post-up Monta Ellis which always ended up in a double-team & he didn't really have a wing to guard that series.

R2: Not sure what you watched to call it "meh" but he absolutely terrorized the Blazers that the team had a net-rating of +45 w/ him on the floor: https://www.basketball-reference.com...ASadvanced::18

You can see flashes of the Gm 3-5 Finals during the closeout (aka the "Sugar K" game) after Porker left the game early:

WCF: That series basically became a best of 3 after they blew out each other the first 4 games & the adjustment for Gm 5 was putting Kiwi on Westbrook who had obliterated Danny in OKC: https://oklahoman.com/article/486940...ook-assignment

One of Gregg Popovich’s adjustments for Game 5 was shifting his best defender, Kawhi Leonard, onto Russell Westbrook and assigning Danny Green to Kevin Durant. The Spurs stayed with those matchups the majority of the first three quarters.
    Then in Gm 6, Kawhi was the one that set the tone by coming out aggressive right from tipoff & then making the biggest defensive play in franchise history:

Let's not forget he also had MVP Durant fumbling the ball when OKC had a chance to win the game in regulation then held him scoreless in OT after he switched on him during crunch time:

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Funny that guys take this so personal still.
    Whatevs. Dude's gone and it's been years since.
    #rentfree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rd 1 was a weird series where the Mavs kept switching & Porker dribbling the air out of the ball. Kawhi would try to post-up Monta Ellis which always ended up in a double-team & he didn't really have a wing to guard that series.

R2: Not sure what you watched to call it "meh" but he absolutely terrorized the Blazers that the team had a net-rating of +45 w/ him on the floor: https://www.basketball-reference.com...ASadvanced::18

You can see flashes of the Gm 3-5 Finals during the closeout (aka the "Sugar K" game) after Porker left the game early:

WCF: That series basically became a best of 3 after they blew out each other the first 4 games & the adjustment for Gm 5 was putting Kiwi on Westbrook who had obliterated Danny in OKC: https://oklahoman.com/article/486940...ook-assignment

Then in Gm 6, Kawhi was the one that set the tone by coming out aggressive right from tipoff & then making the biggest defensive play in franchise history:

Let's not forget he also had MVP Durant fumbling the ball when OKC had a chance to win the game in regulation then held him scoreless in OT after he switched on him during crunch time:

Porker dribbled the air out of the ball Yeah that’s why Kawhi scored 6 and 7 points in playoff games. GTFOH. At least be honest about his 1st round series. He SUCKED. And btw Parker blew the ing doors off of the Mavs in a game 7 masterpiece.

Round 2 I will give you the nod. I was wrong and he had a impressive series.

But in the WCF he the bed. 4 points in a game. Leader. 10 points in another 2 games. Leader. We had to switch Danny on Durant bc Kawhi couldn’t guard him. Durant was the MVP not Westbrook. Who gives a that he guarded Russ? He sucked every game except game 6, the close out game.

Also he sucked games 1 and 2 in the Finals. Had he showed up in game 2 it would’ve been a sweep. But atleast he made up for it in the next 3 games

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Porker dribbled the air out of the ball Yeah that’s why Kawhi scored 6 and 7 points in playoff games. GTFOH. At least be honest about his 1st round series. He SUCKED. And btw Parker blew the ing doors off of the Mavs in a game 7 masterpiece.

Round 2 I will give you the nod. I was wrong and he had a impressive series.

But in the WCF he the bed. 4 points in a game. Leader. 10 points in another 2 games. Leader. We had to switch Danny on Durant bc Kawhi couldn’t guard him. Durant was the MVP not Westbrook. Who gives a that he guarded Russ? He sucked every game except game 6, the close out game.

Also he sucked games 1 and 2 in the Finals. Had he showed up in game 2 it would’ve been a sweep. But atleast he made up for it in the next 3 games
    Big Dummy, OKC blew out the Sperms in Gm 3-4 b/c Westbrook was getting in the paint at will against Danny. Muphucka had a 40/10 in Gm 4 which led to the decision to put Kawhi on him....& it worked.

BTW, Durant consistently got outplayed by Westbrook in the postseason after Harden left including coming up small against the Grizz in ‘13 but carryon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi will be in a wheelchair like Earl Campbell someday. That’s why it’s better to lay off the juice. But he had a nice run, and maybe that’s what’s most important at the end of the day. Candle in the wind...candle in the wind.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know! He's constantly on your mind! Kind of sick really.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have one question, do you have any more excuses Roy?

Now to analyze LeBron's 2014 Finals in full context. LeBron was only productive for the first 2 games of the series. In the final 3 games, LeBron didn't show up on offense or defense, and was completely outplayed by 13 ppg Kawhi Leonard across the board. The majority of LeBron's stats over the last 3 games were padded in blowout situations (being down 15+). LeBron by no means was "carrying" his team in these Finals. The majority of LeBron's stats over the last 3 games were padded in blowout situations (being down 15+). And he got outplayed by Kawhi Leonard over the last 3 games

Games 3-4-5
    Lebron scored 51 of his 81 points (63%) being down 15+
    Leonard scored 27 of his 71 points (38%) being up 15+
    Leonard outscored Lebron 44-30 in non-blowout situations

Leonard 23.7 ppg on 69%
    LeBron 27.0 ppg on 55%
    (Leonard 14% more efficient)

And again, Lebron stats were heavily padded in garbage time, in non blowout situations Leonard outscored him

Leonard 9.3 rpg
    LeBron 7.7 rpg

Leonard 2.0 spg
    LeBron 1.7 spg

Leonard 2.0 bpg
    LeBron 0.7 bpg

Leonard 2.3 apg with 1.7 TOpg
    LeBron 4.7 apg with 3.7 TOpg
    Leonard had a slightly better ast:TO ratio

Through games 3-4-5, Leonard scored much more efficiently (and more in non blowout situations) and outrebounded, outstole, and outblocked Lebron with a better ast:TO ratio

Game 3
    Lebron had 14 points and 0 TO in first quarter, then 8 points and 7 TOs for the last 3 quarters. LeBron had 22-5-7-5 with 7 TOs on 64%, Wade had 22-4-2-2 with 5 TOs on 67%. But over the last 3 quarters, LeBron had 8 points and 7 TOs to Wade's 20 points and 3 TOs. The Heat cut the lead from 15 to 9 without LeBron, after Wade subbed in for him, from the 5:00 to 1:00 mark of the 3rd quarter, but even with that help LeBron still lost.

Game 4
    Lebron had 9 points in first half and the Heat were blown out by 19 at halftime. He padded his stats from there, and did not score on Leonard in the first half.

Game 5
    Lebron had 1 FG in 2nd quarter (2:30 mark) to bring the Heat within 5. Then he did not score again until the Heat were down 21 with 4:40 in the 3rd. He shot 1-6 against Leonard in this game according to ESPN "MVP Leonard Does it All," and according to that same article Leonard shot 65% on LeBron's overrated defense - https://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/...rd-does-it-all

Klay Thompson & JR Smith played the same role, dumbass.
    The king of excuses complaining about facts.

That's nice. In the end, James still had to carry an immense load in general, on a clearly inferior team that was on fumes and was the focus of every opposing staff/defense. Meanwhile, S bag was an afterthought who benefitted from . . . wait for it . . . pristine cir stances.

Thompson and Smith did play the same role, except we weren't talking about them, big dummy. I wasn't denigrating it, rather putting it in perspective.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The king of excuses complaining about facts.

That's nice. In the end, James still had to carry an immense load in general, on a clearly inferior team that was on fumes and was the focus of every opposing staff/defense. Meanwhile, S bag was an afterthought who benefitted from . . . wait for it . . . pristine cir stances.

Thompson and Smith did play the same role, except we weren't talking about them, big dummy. I wasn't denigrating it, rather putting it in perspective.
    “Souped up” Jr Smith vs. Jr “Soup Throwin’” Smith #perspective

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always remember that the big three never squandered a 3-1 lead. Meanwhile, Kawhi with the Clippers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always remember that the big three never squandered a 3-1 lead. Meanwhile, Kawhi with the Clippers
    Maybe not but they got backdoor swept many times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe not but they got backdoor swept many times
    Losing to an actual farmer (Jokic)
    Leaving Toronto to play with Pandemic P
    Nothing without Danny Green
    Squanders a 3-1 lead when he's supposed to be the best player in the league

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also gotta remember that games were played in the bubble, so there wasn't really any homecourt advantage. If the Clippers had game 7 at home in front of actual fans, I'm pretty sure they win the game and series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You also gotta remember that games were played in the bubble, so there wasn't really any homecourt advantage. If the Clippers had game 7 at home in front of actual fans, I'm pretty sure they win the game and series.
    Purely hypothetical and up to the chaos that they call Reality with certain probabilities, but I can't diametrically disagree with you on this.

Thread Information