Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Wanted: Dead or Alive Cowboys_Wear_Spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy was BEGGING for the ball, open on some occasions as Parker went to the rim and was ignored by pretty much everyone.

Props to Parker for showing up in crunch time, but it's absolutely baffling that this team grooms Leonard to be the next big thing and then go away from him in the moments that would only help him grow as a player.

Unreal.
    The worse was when Simmons was WIDE OPEN for a baseline 3 and Parker just dribbled right pass him. Parker almost cost the Spurs the game and settle down just in time to not completely blow it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i thought we were talking about spurs offense in crunch time, not the whole game.

kawhi was 1-3 in the 4th.

parker was 2-3 in the last 2 minutes.

but but but...offensive flow.
    Well if we want to be honest and fair then it should be pointed out that Parker was also 1-3 in the 4th before taking the final 3 shots, and to those pointing out that Kawhi was at 42%, Parker was at 38% before those final 3 shots and even after those 3 shots he ended the game at 44%. Parker also has a higher season FG% than Kawhi so it could be argued that Parker was struggling more than Kawhi was at that point.

Either way it worked out, the team won, and ultimately that is what really matters. If there's anything to complain about it's the defense late in the game. 21 points allowed in the final 6 minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well if we want to be honest and fair then it should be pointed out that Parker was also 1-3 in the 4th before taking the final 3 shots, and to those pointing out that Kawhi was at 42%, Parker was at 38% before those final 3 shots and even after those 3 shots he ended the game at 44%. Parker also has a higher season FG% than Kawhi so it could be argued that Parker was struggling more than Kawhi was at that point.

Either way it worked out, the team won, and ultimately that is what really matters. If there's anything to complain about it's the defense late in the game. 21 points allowed in the final 6 minutes.
    The last 3 attempts by Parker, it was actually setup by Ginobili who noticed the mismatch. So even if Leonard was calling for the ball, Parker passed it, to Manu who passed it back.

The last missed play though should have got to Leonard instead of Parker taking a last second contested shot. Both Manu and Tony should not be running down the clock and shooting a last second shot, that should by Leonard's job.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To save Tony, hes using KL as a spacer. Only way he can play Tony. If he uses KL than he loses that spacer and would have to put patty in. It's sad to see KL so underutilized in the clutch, him being the second best player in the league and all just so Parker can play. But who knows how KL and LMa would handle it. This is just a theory but maybe Parker doesn't initiate the offense to kawhi in the post because he knows that would leave him an open three in the corner and if he doesn't make those it would accelerate his path to the bench. Maybe he makes them. Who knows. Maybe Parker...
    Somehow the worst take in this thread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last 3 attempts by Parker, it was actually setup by Ginobili who noticed the mismatch. So even if Leonard was calling for the ball, Parker passed it, to Manu who passed it back.

The last missed play though should have got to Leonard instead of Parker taking a last second contested shot. Both Manu and Tony should not be running down the clock and shooting a last second shot, that should by Leonard's job.
    By no means am I complaining that Parker took those 3 shots, it worked so there's no reason to complain. I'm just pointing out to those saying the reason Kawhi didn't get clutch possessions was because he was struggling, well Parker was also struggling so that shouldn't be the reason.

Personally I would like to see LMA and Kawhi get a few of those possessions because they're supposed to be the future. We already know what we have in the Big 3. I think it's tough to expect LMA/Kawhi to show up in the playoffs when they aren't given those opportunities to gain experience during the regular season, but we'll see. Or maybe Pop plans on relying on the Big 3 in the clutch for as long as they're around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesn't give the keys to Kawhi, but its his fault when he doesn't have enough experience and fails when you pick and chose when to put him on the spot cold. Pop is icing his best player.

LMAO.....

Also been saying this. Kawhi is getting the most points but he isn't the true go to guy. It's more than a shot here and there in the fourth. You have to feed him and let him play make or shoot in the fourth.
    The collective mind of ST is always half a year back. It's always funny when you know which side your on.
    The first statement is just a misunderstanding of the offense. The second is just narcissism.

Pop is out thinking himself. He wants Kawhi to get offensive rebounds and play transition D since someone else would be taking the shot, but Kawhi is just a beast offensively and good passer off the double team. Trust the young legs Pop. He got you a ring doing it.

Parker couldn't even beat a one legged man last playoff series.

Shot 0-15 to start the last game before the clippers series.
    living in the past. Assuming we can just restart the motion offense at will with any lineup lmao.

What i see is a lot of spurstalkers projecting their own inadequacies on a player they admire. This was a meh game from Leonard. There is no one to blame here.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's only a few teams that can expose the spurs in the playoffs maybe 4. I think the concerns now are mainly late game offense. Not much to complain about due to the success of the team but I do think the late game execution merits some debate considering we are told one thing and see another. My interests right now lie in the reasons why KL and LMA aren't getting the ball in the clutch when the guys who are taking the shots say it's KL and LMA team. I thing kawhi and Lamarcus have handled themselves rather well under these cir stances. I'm fine with the big 3 doing their thing, I just think KL and LMA would be more efficient. I get pop letting them figure out, but pop puts the lineups in and who he's playing says alot. Imo he doesn't mind Tony doing what he's doing. I just to learn the hard way with a championship on the line. Just speculation and observation. Don't know why people get mad at opinions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Porker is an insecure piece of

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Omf, this Parker v. Kawhi debate is just exhausting. It literally ruins the entire board. S...T...F...U... Reminds me of that damn Twilight crap. Team Edward or Team Jacob or some shii. Y'all sound like a bunch of little girls. Parker and Kawhi are both great players. Most importantly, they're on the SAME DAMN TEAM. Seriously, please rethink what you're doing when all you want to do is bash your own team's player. If so, delete your account. Smh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nope, don't see a 50% 3PT shooter out there..let me do a one-two game with Manu and close this out..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nope, don't see a 50% 3PT shooter out there..let me do a one-two game with Manu and close this out..
    Lets just not pass it to the best 3 point shooter in the game.

Maybe he can't drive it in.

Maybe he can't post up the smaller player.

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, that was frustrating, but obviously parker had a bad angle to pass to Kawhi, so really good defense to prevent the immediate pass to our best player.

You do notice the really tall defensive player directly between kawhi and parker, right?

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, that was frustrating, but obviously parker had a bad angle to pass to Kawhi, so really good defense to prevent the immediate pass to our best player.

You do notice the really tall defensive player directly between kawhi and parker, right?
    If you don't think porker can make that pass I don't know what to tell you.

Anyone in ST can make that ing pass.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a 1/10 on the Manu Pass Scale.

unity in diversity
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes he could make the pass, it but it would have to be a high, slow pass and the defense would have plenty of time to get up on kawhi.

What I am saying is, Kawhi being "open" in this picture is misleading.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy was BEGGING for the ball, open on some occasions as Parker went to the rim and was ignored by pretty much everyone.

Props to Parker for showing up in crunch time, but it's absolutely baffling that this team grooms Leonard to be the next big thing and then go away from him in the moments that would only help him grow as a player.

Unreal.
    I saw it too. For the most part, Parker was getting good shots. But that last brick that gave the Knicks the chance to win the game was just heroball bull . Tony, who has terrible court vision anyway, wasn't even looking to pass.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes he could make the pass, it but it would have to be a high, slow pass and the defense would have plenty of time to get up on kawhi.

What I am saying is, Kawhi being "open" in this picture is misleading.
    No he's open. And if the defender runs too fast, Kawhi can just drive on him. He isn't a ing one trick pony. Then if he can't drive on him, he can just post him up for 's sake. I'm done arguing over a ing easy pass. Give it the 2nd best player in the nba.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You don't see #4 in the passing lane? That means the pass either has to be a lob in which case Calderon and the guard who was already beginning to rotate in the paint can get it or it has to go to Manu which gives time for the rotation. Meanwhile LMA has great post position and a mismatch.

Thank yo though for pointing out how you don't know what the youre seeing when you look at the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You got it right, we won. There are player agendas being pushed around from everywhere, but push those agendas aside, you realize that it was our defense getting shredded. Many buckets were simply a guard running at full speed and making shots right at the rim. A few shots were contested 3s, (fluke or not for whoever is going to call the luck coin, it happens, it is the NBA, that is why we enjoy watching, unlikely shots happen nightly). It is the easy shots given up and the defense falling apart at the end that almost let NYK steal this one from us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wow so many people have been wrecked in the last 24 hours trying to player fan "explain" a close win. kawhi was the leading scorer. The issue was defense.

I've seen it many times. When an autistic kid gets bumped they freeze and go silent. This is why kawhi didn't get the call, the ref didn't see it and Kawhi couldn't make the usual human noises. He needs to work on that. More therapy.

The knicks are hard for us because they have a motley mix of shooters and driving guards that we don't have the time to really scout. This year they have two all star level players. Their coach is an all time spurs villain. WE will not see the knicks in the playoffs.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

What he doesn't realize is why pass it to a guy who shoots 38% in the clutch when you can keep it in the hands of a guy who shoots 59% in the clutch. To make matters worse, Parker scored on that possession and he's ing because he didn't pass it to wide open Kawhi for what would have been a lower percentage shot. I'd take a shot at the rim over a three pointer any day of the week. Player fans!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What bad angle? Anyone who could not make that pass should not be in the nba. Someone explained it better somewhere that Parker was focused on getting LMA the ball and thus missing a wide open Kawhi but that speaks if his lack of court vision. Dude it was a clear passing lane

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What bad angle? Anyone who could not make that pass should not be in the nba. Someone explained it better somewhere that Parker was focused on getting LMA the ball and thus missing a wide open Kawhi but that speaks if his lack of court vision. Dude it was a clear passing lane
    do you have a 3d TV or something?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said it many times. When an autistic kid gets bumped they freeze and go silent. This is why kawhi didn't get the call, the ref didn't see it and Kawhi couldn't make the usual human noises. He needs to work on that. More therapy.
    Agree. It's not the first time you call Kawhi autistic/re ed kid, this is your typical way to deal with Kawhi #4 in PER, #3 in RPM, .80% in isos, 50-50-90 season.

It's just a strange way of handling your emotions, instead of insulting him you should work more to gain control over your frustration and anger for Kawhi's MVP season, in therapy.
    Last edited by YGWHI; 01-09-2016 at 11:52 PM.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    K... is a parody/tryhard account. Very funny.

Thread Information