Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lesson 1: anyone watching this series can see that 1. Lee is ineffective against ZBO, and against memphis in general, 2. Manu is completely ineffective against memphis, and 3. Bertans showed ability to defend ZBO, deadly from 3, and can even create a little bit.

Pop's response for game 5: Manu and lee will play big minutes, bertans will hardly play at all, especially if he starts hitting 3 pointers.

Lesson 2!: the only way to beat memphis' defense is with players who can get to the basket and collapse the defense.

Pop's response for game 5: Murray and simmons will sit on bench entire game.

Most overrated coach of all time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Old cancer nose has been checked out mentally for quite some time, overrated indeed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lesson 1: anyone watching this series can see that 1. Lee is ineffective against ZBO, and against memphis in general, 2. Manu is completely ineffective against memphis, and 3. Bertans showed ability to defend ZBO, deadly from 3, and can even create a little bit.

Pop's response for game 5: Manu and lee will play big minutes, bertans will hardly play at all, especially if he starts hitting 3 pointers.

Lesson 2!: the only way to beat memphis' defense is with players who can get to the basket and collapse the defense.

Pop's response for game 5: Murray and simmons will sit on bench entire game.

Most overrated coach of all time

I hope not! Pop needs to give more minutes to Bertans and give Simmons a shot to guard Conley.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop doesn't give a anymore. He's already made his vacation plans.

Let me reiterate...HE THREW A PLAYOFF GAME..not a regular season game, A PLAYOFF GAME!

Pop is done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they fire Pop. He isn't an NBA caliber coach anymore. I'd rather have Quin Snyder, Rick Carlisle, literally anyone else who gives a damn.

Chillin' like a villain... TampaDude's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they fire Pop. He isn't an NBA caliber coach anymore. I'd rather have Quin Snyder, Rick Carlisle, literally anyone else who gives a damn.
    Pop after Duncan left is like Urban Meyer after Tebow left. The bromance is over.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lessons and responses are spot on.

Sad and sick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rick or some new blood

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu has been bad, but he has not been playing big minutes. He played just 10 in Game 3, and 15 in Game 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu has been bad, but he has not been playing big minutes. He played just 10 in Game 3, and 15 in Game 4.
    15?! That's way too many after how he's played. He shouldn't have seen a minute in the second half of game 4 but pops stubborn ass still rolls him out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zbo wasnt the difference maker tonight, Lee did a pretty good job on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    even 10 minutes for the old bag is 10 minutes too much

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of Pop's mentality, I think, is as a business manager. If he gives Bertans big minutes and Bertans has good numbers, win or lose, Bertans gets a bigger offer from someone. Same with other lower salary guys. With Manu, you're paying him already. You sit that much money on the bench and play your low money guys, what does that say about your money management skills? Why did you pay big money to someone you cannot use in the playoffs? When did Pop ever sit a high paid guy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've got Luke Walton. You'll be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good post...
    sad lessons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Part of Pop's mentality, I think, is as a business manager. If he gives Bertans big minutes and Bertans has good numbers, win or lose, Bertans gets a bigger offer from someone. Same with other lower salary guys. With Manu, you're paying him already. You sit that much money on the bench and play your low money guys, what does that say about your money management skills? Why did you pay big money to someone you cannot use in the playoffs? When did Pop ever sit a high paid guy?
    He's going to sink the team with that mentality.
    Unknown if that's even a consideration bc Davis is under contract another season and they must plan to retain him already. He's shown enough to get paid regardless of Pop wanting to stifle him this postseason, provided he stays healthy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's going to sink the team with that mentality.
    Unknown if that's even a consideration bc Davis is under contract another season and they must plan to retain him already. He's shown enough to get paid regardless of Pop wanting to stifle him this postseason, provided he stays healthy.
    I agree that Lee isn't effective against the Grizzlies. He's too small to guard either Gasol or Randolph. Bertans has more length than Lee and can spread the floor. So it's worth the gamble because Kawhi can't operate inside with all that congestion.

Defensively, we missed Dedmond.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This makes a lot of sense, actually. Much more than Pop just simply "checking out" or just tanking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cant wait to see who Pop will play today. Sad when you dont even know if your 'legendary coach' will even have the competency to actually play the right players in any given playoff game.

If he rolls out manu and lee again, and bertans/simmons/murray ride the pine, this series is over

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start Bertans over Lee/Dedman

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start Bertans over Lee/Dedman
    Dedman didn't play game 4. Hopefully he's good to go tonight. We need more rim protection.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Pop is such a re at times. It was obvious to anyone after GAME TWO that Lee cannot handle Zbo, yet this stupid still throws him out there every game to get man handled. also it should be obvious by now that he needs to bench Manu for the rest of the series and give his minutes to Simmons. Bertans needs to play more, as he is one of the few bigs we have that brings the memphis bigs out onto the perimeter. And for s sake, play Murray a few minutes here and there when we need a spark.

Simple adjustments that our "genius" GOAT coach cannot even make. dude needs to take his own advice and get over himself and start realizing sticking to your guns and old guys isn't the ing answer, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is such a re at times. It was obvious to anyone after GAME TWO that Lee cannot handle Zbo, yet this stupid still throws him out there every game to get man handled. also it should be obvious by now that he needs to bench Manu for the rest of the series and give his minutes to Simmons. Bertans needs to play more, as he is one of the few bigs we have that brings the memphis bigs out onto the perimeter. And for s sake, play Murray a few minutes here and there when we need a spark.

Simple adjustments that our "genius" GOAT coach cannot even make. dude needs to take his own advice and get over himself and start realizing sticking to your guns and old guys isn't the ing answer, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're overanalyzing. I think he just overvalues experience, been that way forever. Larry Brown had the same mindset.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're overanalyzing. I think he just overvalues experience, been that way forever. Larry Brown had the same mindset.
    Yup. And he never learns from this mistake. This is the risk of surrounding yourself with yes men.

Thread Information