Page 53 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657631031535531053 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 40782
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont know why but reminded me of this

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's here and its been here since early January....at least in my part of Texas. I have access to medical records because of my job le....there's a lot of cases here in Texas that have gone unreported...so far from what I have seen the elderly have been hit the hardest....we're suspecting a lot of them + for COVID-19 with resulting acute/diffuse PE resulting in O2 supplementation or intubation with mechanical ventilation in ~ 25-30% of cases...the med dx being used by hospitals is acute PE/respiratory distress but all the s/s point to COVID-19/SARS-2...I would post proof but I would be in violation of HIPPA
    None in December though? I have a neighbor who was completely ed with pneumonia but I think it started around Christmas and took him a month to kick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's here and its been here since early January....at least in my part of Texas. I have access to medical records because of my job le....there's a lot of cases here in Texas that have gone unreported...so far from what I have seen the elderly have been hit the hardest....we're suspecting a lot of them + for COVID-19 with resulting acute/diffuse PE resulting in O2 supplementation or intubation with mechanical ventilation in ~ 25-30% of cases...the med dx being used by hospitals is acute PE/respiratory distress but all the s/s point to COVID-19/SARS-2...I would post proof but I would be in violation of HIPPA
    what % of population do you think already got this?

Im starting to think most of us already got it? that would be good news as it means its just another flu except on those extreme cases where it kills faster than a flu

also any cases affecting nervous system? like SARS?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's here and its been here since early January....at least in my part of Texas.
    For San Antonio, I know something for absolute fact that I cannot post. It's not definitive proof but I'll just say...I will not dispute that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1:21 pm: New York Gov. Cuomo says CDC coronavirus response is ‘absurd and nonsensical’

New York Gov. Cuomo criticized the federal government’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, calling it “absurd and nonsensical.”

Officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were slow to initially test people for the virus, he said, before — “in a y fashion” — changing the policy to allow states to test. The Trump administration’s management of the outbreak isn’t just “bad government and poor planning,” Cuomo said at a press conference, but will also “increase the fear.”

Local and state officials across the country have criticized the CDC’s testing criteria, scarcity of tests and poor communication. —Feuer

Trump’s ed. He can’t BS his way out of this incompetence.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    1:21 pm: New York Gov. Cuomo says CDC coronavirus response is ‘absurd and nonsensical’

New York Gov. Cuomo criticized the federal government’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak, calling it “absurd and nonsensical.”

Officials at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention were slow to initially test people for the virus, he said, before — “in a y fashion” — changing the policy to allow states to test. The Trump administration’s management of the outbreak isn’t just “bad government and poor planning,” Cuomo said at a press conference, but will also “increase the fear.”

Local and state officials across the country have criticized the CDC’s testing criteria, scarcity of tests and poor communication. —Feuer

Trump’s ed. He can’t BS his way out of this incompetence.
    ...he was ed the moment he left Hillary where he found her.

Trump President.
    Not Clinton.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always nice to have a ing pandemic caused by Chinese elites who want to be able to eat bats and buy endangered species in one hole market.
    and use gorilla hands for ashtrays, and bear balls, rhino horn, and tiger balls for hardener (or something), and then ordering tons of poached ivory from endangered elephants. about 5 elephants / day slaughtered for ivory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For San Antonio, I know something for absolute fact that I cannot post. It's not definitive proof but I'll just say...I will not dispute that.

Wow, you guys making me paranoid. Thanks.

My wife has had a bad cough for the last few days, but she has bad allergies. No fever though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of cases weebo is sighting may be conventional flu which hit harder than usual this year.

But...

France has 613 confirmed cases of coronavirus, the head of the public health service, Jerome Salomon, said on Friday, which is an increase of 190 compared to a day earlier. During a press briefing, he added the death toll from the disease was still at nine and that 39 persons were in intensive care. —Reuters

That’s a pretty high percent of confirmed cases dead or in intensive care. But again who knows how many undiagnostic and not ill of very mildly ill there are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me guess. Marco has it, then Pop made out with him and got it too. Hence Tim coaching last game? What do I win?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn't my intent.

I guess I can say...

CDC will not authorize testing anyone that falls outside of their timeline. This applies to with person's with lingering su ious mild to moderate illness who were in (or on) well publicized hotspots shortly before they became known hotspots. Even if they've been tested for literally every other possible viral/bacterial illness and been shown negative.

Supposedly, within a week the test kits will be available for private physicians to order on their own.

Do not be surprised if soon it "appears" like the virus is spreading at record speed.
    Last edited by SnakeBoy; 03-06-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let me guess. Marco has it, then Pop made out with him and got it too. Hence Tim coaching last game? What do I win?

I'm not trolling this time tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    None in December though? I have a neighbor who was completely ed with pneumonia but I think it started around Christmas and took him a month to kick.
    It's very possible...at that time very few were aware of this particular viral strain and a lot (including myself) were dx with a URI even after testing neg- for influenza

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joyce Vance accused President Donald Trump of having his administration

slow-walk the release of testing kits in an effort to tamp down reports of infected Americans.

the slow release of test kits strikes her as su ious and

suggested that the president and members of his administration don’t want people tested

because

they fear the tests will reveal that the epidemic is worse than the White House is letting on.

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/03/trump-has-a-selfish-reason-for-holding-back-coronavirus-testing-kits-ex-prosecutor/?utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3903

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what % of population do you think already got this?

Im starting to think most of us already got it? that would be good news as it means its just another flu except on those extreme cases where it kills faster than a flu

also any cases affecting nervous system? like SARS?
    It really hard to say how many people have already been infected and recovered...for many the symptoms may have been mild enough not to bother and for those (like myself) who were somewhat symptomatic were dx with RI or "flu"....I haven't come across any pts with neurological residual effects caused by this or any other virus...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My wife has had a bad cough for the last few days, but she has bad allergies. No fever though.
    sorry that wasn't my intention at all

I was hoping to calm some nerves here....there's no reason to panic but be vigilant...most of you have been on point with the info you're sharing...this is my own clinical opinion...this is worse than the yearly flu BUT for our most vulnerable populations...healthy adults tend to get symptoms but are so mild than many don't bother to go see their PCP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's very possible...at that time very few were aware of this particular viral strain and a lot (including myself) were dx with a URI even after testing neg- for influenza
    Damn my next door neighbor said no one could figure out what it was causing his pneumonia either two months ago, and he had a really nasty case, tested negative for everything. That's ing comforting.

If that's what played out then maybe I it from him in January because I'm always talking to him out in the yard when I take my dog out and I was out sick for a few days with a fever, but didn't bother to see a doctor since I wasn't getting any kind pneumonia symptoms or anything too worrying. Just felt like a kind of rough cold (and I had already gotten this year's flu shot).
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-06-2020 at 03:09 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of cases weebo is sighting may be conventional flu which hit harder than usual this year.

But...

France has 613 confirmed cases of coronavirus, the head of the public health service, Jerome Salomon, said on Friday, which is an increase of 190 compared to a day earlier. During a press briefing, he added the death toll from the disease was still at nine and that 39 persons were in intensive care. —Reuters

That’s a pretty high percent of confirmed cases dead or in intensive care. But again who knows how many undiagnostic and not ill of very mildly ill there are.
    Tested neg- for the flu...hence the admitting med dx I posted...

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably already posted but I'm not looking and I'm sure some haven't seen this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sorry that wasn't my intention at all

I was hoping to calm some nerves here....there's no reason to panic but be vigilant...most of you have been on point with the info you're sharing...this is my own clinical opinion...this is worse than the yearly flu BUT for our most vulnerable populations...healthy adults tend to get symptoms but are so mild than many don't bother to go see their PCP

I just want to make sure I don't interact with any older relatives, if here's even a remote possibility I or my wife have been infected.

My wife had lunch with her mom today. Her mom is in her 70s and in poor health

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Probably already posted but I'm not looking and I'm sure some haven't seen this.
    Setting the table for what they know is about to happen when testing is taken out of their hands imo.

I guess the private market taking over testing is a good thing or a bad thing depending on your political bent,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just want to make sure I don't interact with any older relatives, if here's even a remote possibility I or my wife have been infected.

Yeah man I have a 4.5 month old niece and a two year old nephew I guess I'm staying away from for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I totally understand your concern...if you feel like you might be coming down with something its best to stay away until confirmed that you're fine...from what I've gathered through all the trainings/meetings Ive attended the last couple of weeks is that we're expecting 60-80% of adults at some point get this infection...but take that number with a grain of salt...the health department is a joke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah man I have a 4.5 month old niece and a two year old nephew I guess I'm staying away from for a while.
    no child has died yet

scientists think they are either immune(cannot catch it) or have mild symptoms

hope so. I also have baby nieces/nephews

Thread Information