Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Are Spurs fans really complaining about another guy flopping?

(You are my friend.) dieman8686's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Funny how I have seen Ginobili do the exact same exaggerated flops like two other times in this series, let alone all his other minor ones. Vince did a monkey see monkey do! Be ashamed of Ginobili for bringing this kind of play to the NBA; and shut up about this being an excuse for losing the game. I'm still sure the Spurs pull it off in game 7.

My Team
    Portland Trail Blazers
    Post Count
    Then Patty Mills would be suspended, too. When did he become the worst flopper on the team?
    Esse quim verde

My pussy is green

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny how I have seen Ginobili do the exact same exaggerated flops like two other times in this series, let alone all his other minor ones. Vince did a monkey see monkey do! Be ashamed of Ginobili for bringing this kind of play to the NBA; and shut up about this being an excuse for losing the game. I'm still sure the Spurs pull it off in game 7.
    How the did Ginobili bring it in the NBA when Divac was already playing here before him? Dumb .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahaha nice fallacy, dumbass. that's a classic 'appeal to hypocrisy' fallacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was unable to watch the game and just saw this and I can officially saw basketball is ruined. How can you be that blind? Speechless...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing in real-time, it did look like a push off. Refs can't call a mulligan on those calls. It is what it is.

Coming Off The Bench TheGoldStandard's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi will be suspended for his malicious attack on Carter.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seeing in real-time, it did look like a push off. Refs can't call a mulligan on those calls. It is what it is.
    Which is why all plays should be reviewable. Here's how it should be done. There should be an independent group of three refs who are not on the court who are watching the game live. These refs are actively reviewing close up, slow-mo replays of every whistle.

A ref on the court calls a foul on Leonard. The "special" refs see the replay, see that Vince either flopped or at least exaggerated contact and that Kawhi's push was not sufficient to warrant a "foul," and overturn that call.

Fouls should be reviewable at any time, not just in the last 2 minutes. By having this special collection of refs watching the game off the court and reviewing every call with the assistance of replays, the game won't be bogged down. We can't expect the refs on the court to do this because otherwise games would take forever.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And, these "special" refs would be in constant contact with the refs on the court through radios/earpieces or something. They see a call and can directly tell Joey Crawford "you called X for a foul on Y but in reality Y fouled X, so reverse the call."

I can't imagine anyone who would be against this.

2nd Verse Same as the 1st Oh, Gee!!'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The games would only last 5 hours

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    hahaha nice fallacy, dumbass. that's a classic 'appeal to hypocrisy' fallacy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
    Wikipedia

Yes, Spurs fans are the some of the biggest hypocrites

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The games would only last 5 hours
    How quickly are replays shown to fans on calls by ESPN or FSSW? It takes like 10-15 seconds to produce a high quality, slow motion replay and it's usually pretty obvious what the "correct" call should have been.

The idea is that the refs on the floor should not be waiting for the special refs to make a decision on every call. The special refs need to make these decisions swiftly using normal "downtime." If the special refs can't keep up, then the game should not be slowed down.

Even if the special refs are only able to review and give input on 1/4 of missed calls during a game, that's still an improvement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince Carter will shoot 15% in the Portland series, just watch.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, each team should be given like 1 or 2 reviews per game (to be used at any time not just the last two minutes). On any given call, the team can say hey, I want to give the special refs more time to closely examine that last call.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How quickly are replays shown to fans on calls by ESPN or FSSW? It takes like 10-15 seconds to produce a high quality, slow motion replay and it's usually pretty obvious what the "correct" call should have been.

The idea is that the refs on the floor should not be waiting for the special refs to make a decision on every call. The special refs need to make these decisions swiftly using normal "downtime." If the special refs can't keep up, then the game should not be slowed down.

Even if the special refs are only able to review and give input on 1/4 of missed calls during a game, that's still an improvement.
    It takes 5 minutes for the refs to decide how much time to put on the clock. Imagine if they conferred on every close call, the games would never end

United Autodidact Society Shastafarian's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol a suspension? No. As others have said he should be fined (as per the rules) but nothing more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A fine, maybe, but not a suspension. That was an egregious flop but the Spurs players flop too. Let's just win Game 7.

Big Lou
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obvious flops are technical fouls.

Believe.
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Disgraceful! The officiating was horrible and it seemed the NBA wanted a Game 7! So rigged!
    It seems that Spurs fans will complain about the refs even when they have the overall FT advantage.

Splitter had 12 free throws and Dirk had zero, yet you are going to complain?

and Spurs fans complaining about flopping is quite ironic.

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was amazingly bad. Vince Carter should be fined. Not that the fine would hurt him, but I think it would make the Ref's subconsciously punish him for such an obvious dupe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you can get away it, do it. Thats how I see it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's one thing to exaggerate contact... Manu, along with every. single. offensive minded player commits to it. It's part of the game. I think Dirk does it every time he attempts a field goal. Lebron does it when he drives in. Harden and Westbrook fall every jump shot. CP3 stands under the basket and an invisible train smashes into him.

that right there... what VC did, was a coward move because there was no contact. He didn't get positioning on Kawhi. He didn't get touched. The acting job was pre-meditated; not reactionary. You'd be a real wanker to not acknowledge that.

that being said... suspended? Who the wants to win like that? Best team should win, and 4 of 7 never lies.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA makes $1M+ per game
    Peter Holt stands to make some money from game 7 too. That is, unless the outcome of Game 7 eliminates Games 1 & 2 of the next round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vince Carter will shoot 15% in the Portland series, just watch.
    If Dallas plays Portland, everybody will see how soft the Spurs were on defense. Portland has defenders that get up into you with aggression. Portland will put either Batum or Matthews on Carter and you'll see the real Carter.

Thread Information