Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha that team gives up 38 points in the first quarter and u want to blame 1 player. You GTFO unrealistic mother er.
    Derozen isn’t resigning anyway.
    Yeah paying 28 million a year to our supposedly "best" player who goes 5-21 in a big stage game. He deserves to be on, GTFO you stupid mother er.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha that team gives up 38 points in the first quarter and u want to blame 1 player. You GTFO unrealistic mother er.
    It's almost like you ignored the fact that Depression is objectively one of the worst defenders in the NBA. Impact stats, synergy, on/off numbers will all agree. If the Spurs are playing bad defense, he's one of the primary reasons why.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your man’s trash. Haha

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe people were really wanting him back.

Chinook, tbdog, FkLA, etc. Same old loser from him and you think he deserves to be brought back for the max lol
    DeRozan's max is like $228M/5. No one's ever endorsed a contract for even half that amount.

Anyways, he didn't shoot well, but he was also being guarded pretty heavily the whole game. The problem is that basically each of the other starters also scored poorly, and most of what they were trying to do was run headlong into a sea of arms. The starters, who combined for 157 of 240 minutes took eight threes. That's what's unsustainable. DeRozan is part of that problem, but he's not close to the only part, and simply swapping him out for a three-and-D player won't fix the general tiness of the offense given the development of the young perimeter players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And take Brian Wrong with you
    I second that motion and append to it: and Pop!

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTFO with this . Most of you wanted to lose for draft position. Now you’re pissed? This a forum for basketball or menstruation?

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I'm pretty happy about the game, all things considered. The most important thing that had to happen, did: DeRozan showed his true colors and proved to be jack on a big stage (once again). There's little chance he stays a Spur past this game, which makes the loss worth it. Hope other teams get in the play-in that boost our lottery odds.
    Demar showing those true colours for 4 full quarters didnt put off the old playing him lesser mins at all. Like others said the old man has to vacate the coaching posi .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan's max is like $228M/5. No one's ever endorsed a contract for even half that amount.

Anyways, he didn't shoot well, but he was also being guarded pretty heavily the whole game. The problem is that basically each of the other starters also scored poorly, and most of what they were trying to do was run headlong into a sea of arms. The starters, who combined for 157 of 240 minutes took eight threes. That's what's unsustainable. DeRozan is part of that problem, but he's not close to the only part, and simply swapping him out for a three-and-D player won't fix the general tiness of the offense given the development of the young perimeter players.
    Swapping a guy out who shoots virtually no 3's for a player who will shoot 3's won't go a long way in solving the problem of the starting lineup not having enough people shoot 3's

I'm watching the lakers have to guard random scrubs on GS for no other reason that they will actually shoot the ball from 3 if they get it and no one is guarding them

Having literally any nba guard out there instead of Demar would be a win for the spurs...Demar is one of the 5 easiest players in the entire nba to guard, by virtue of around 80% of his shots coming from 3 spots on the floor...all WELL inside the 3 point line

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe people were really wanting him back.

Chinook, tbdog, FkLA, etc. Same old loser from him and you think he deserves to be brought back for the max lol
    The guy has some pretty great runs this season so I can see why. Dude really sucked when it counted tho. Ain't got time for that. GTFO mr NWA.

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

Demar's inability to shoot is why he couldn't switch onto Morant. Ja would just leave him and let Brooks recover back. His game would open up so much if he wasn't such a coward from beyond the arc. He's the highest paid player on the team. It's on him to maximize his game and make everyone around him better.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol dejounte gets 10 points on 17 fgas, 0-3 from 3
    lol lonnie gets 8 points on 8 fgas, 0-3 from 3

demar gets 20 points on 21 fgas (0 3s)
    morant gets 20 points on 20 fgas

and all the hate is focused on demar

face it. evidence is mounting that lonnie may not be an nba player

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Did you know that he has depression? Can't talk about him like this tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count

Our first and second options are mid range chuckers. If anything, this game has shown how useless this style of basketball is in the modern NBA.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you know that he has depression? Can't talk about him like this tbh
    boo ing hoo if he really cares, he can go cry about it in his ing mansion with some ing s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swapping a guy out who shoots virtually no 3's for a player who will shoot 3's won't go a long way in solving the problem of the starting lineup not having enough people shoot 3's
    Swapping out a guy who barely shoots threes and is even more reluctant to shoot them off the catch for a traditional three-and-D guy would also go a long way to solve the problem. Did you not read where I mentioned that DMDR is part of the issue? DeRozan is a very good offensive engine. He shouldn't be playing off ball so guys like Murray and Johnson can drive very often. Obviously he needs to shoot better, and if he won't it wouldn't be the worst thing if he moves on. But the issue with the offense is that basically none of the starters shoot threes as a first instinct. They all want to dribble and try to get creative driving to the rim. That's bad. Getting a designated shooter would help, but it wouldn't help nearly as much if possessions are still ending with guys driving into the teeth of the defense and taking bad shots.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DJ and Lonnie both sucked today as well. But Demar has years of underachieving in the playoffs and it's time to move on from him. Spurs shouldn't give him a dime to come back. I've also said it many times that the Spurs will suck regardless if demar stays or not. There's really no star player on the horizon within our youth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh I'm pretty happy about the game, all things considered. The most important thing that had to happen, did: DeRozan showed his true colors and proved to be jack on a big stage (once again). There's little chance he stays a Spur past this game, which makes the loss worth it. Hope other teams get in the play-in that boost our lottery odds.
    never underestimate popovich. I will not be shocked if he's maxed this summer and Mills is given $12 million per..

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GTFO with this . Most of you wanted to lose for draft position. Now you’re pissed? This a forum for basketball or menstruation?
    Yes which is why I wanted him gone in the offseason. He's just good enough to make this a 30-35 win team but not good enough to take the team anywhere. Would much rather tank and get a high draft pick as opposed to still being ty but only getting a late lottery pick.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

were you not watching that 2nd quarter where he just went full iso ball and ed the run

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Our first and second options are mid range chuckers. If anything, this game has shown has useless this style of basketball is in the modern NBA.
    i may or may not agree with you on the broader point, but this game the grizz shot the same amount of 3s and made 1 fewer. they shot better from 2 lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Swapping out a guy who barely shoots threes and is even more reluctant to shoot them off the catch for a traditional three-and-D guy would also go a long way to solve the problem. Did you not read where I mentioned that DMDR is part of the issue? DeRozan is a very good offensive engine. He shouldn't be playing off ball so guys like Murray and Johnson can drive very often. Obviously he needs to shoot better, and if he won't it wouldn't be the worst thing if he moves on. But the issue with the offense is that basically none of the starters shoot threes as a first instinct. They all want to dribble and try to get creative driving to the rim. That's bad. Getting a designated shooter would help, but it wouldn't help nearly as much if possessions are still ending with guys driving into the teeth of the defense and taking bad shots.
    Wouldn't be opposed to trading everyone in the SL myself tbh. No one on this roster is untouchable.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan 5/21
    Murray 4/17
    Kj 5/11
    Walker 2/8
    Mills 3/7!
    Gay 8/21

No teams is going to win, when 90% of your teams shoot like hot garbage!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ and Lonnie both sucked today as well. But Demar has years of underachieving in the playoffs and it's time to move on from him. Spurs shouldn't give him a dime to come back. I've also said it many times that the Spurs will suck regardless if demar stays or not. There's really no star player on the horizon within our youth.
    i agree with this take ^

all i'm saying is spread the hate around

everyone on the roster is expendable imo

except vassell, tre jones and lil luka

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn't be opposed to trading everyone in the SL myself tbh. No one on this roster is untouchable.
    This, sadly the guy that is closest to untouchable is injured all the time, which drops his value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    give vassell tre and lil luka another year

i don't know what it is, but i have a good feeling about vassell

Thread Information