Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or should I say teams seem to overpay for our solid role guys.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems like centers have always been kind of a turnstile position, especially for San Antonio.
    Truth bomb. And what happened to the 2nd round pick Pop got from Atlanta as part of the Splitter trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone will give him more than the Spurs will pay. Teams always do.
    Fathead dominating the league in Memphis with his 5.1 points per game

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Truth bomb. And what happened to the 2nd round pick Pop got from Atlanta as part of the Splitter trade?
    ATL had their pick top-55 protected. They were a middle-of-the-road playoff team that year, so it didn't convey. That the Clippers pick conveyed that one time was a minor miracle, since it was supposed to be fake. ATL had just come off earning a top-five record in 2015, but the next year, they were seventh, and it sorta petered out from there.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    July 9, 2015: Traded by the San Antonio Spurs to the Atlanta Hawks for Georgios Printezis and a 2017 2nd round draft pick. (2017 2nd-rd pick was top-55 protected and did not convey)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The pick was never meant to convey. Bud and ATL basically let us rent a chunk of their cap space for free.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has become Bertans 2.0. There's too many rumors to ignore them at this point. Either now or in the off season, these dumb s are going to once again hand away one of the few players they have with positive metrics.

There's a good chance he's the best long term piece from the infamous trade, he fills a positional need now and going forward (most oversaturated position leaguewide, but still), is the type of center they're known to like, won't return equal value, shouldn't break the bank and they don't lack for flexibility going forward, so why on earth is he apparently available? I don't get it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did spurstalk forget how much they undervalued Poetl during this past offseason and said yall wouldnt pay him more than 5 million? Lmfao. Now yall are saying he is untouchable. Yall are funny as . Yet i am the one who is terrible at analyzing players. timvp you see this ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love for the Spurs to keep Poetl, but as others have said, we don't have a great history with big men.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did spurstalk forget how much they undervalued Poetl during this past offseason and said yall wouldnt pay him more than 5 million? Lmfao. Now yall are saying he is untouchable. Yall are funny as . Yet i am the one who is terrible at analyzing players. timvp you see this ?
    I didn't and I said then that I'd be willing to go as high as $7-8 million, if necessary. I was high on him before the trade, telling people how good he was already.

He's not literally untouchable obviously, but given what I said (mainly that they wouldn't get back enough to make it worth their while), he should be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do wonder if Jakob will be the cost of moving Beli or Mills or Carroll? I can see a scenario where he’s used to dump players without giving up draft picks since they probably feels he’s replaceable for cheaper.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do wonder if Jakob will be the cost of moving Beli or Mills or Carroll? I can see a scenario where he’s used to dump players without giving up draft picks since they probably feels he’s replaceable for cheaper.
    That's would be incredibly stupid and unecessary. Neither Belinelli or Carroll is an albatross or problem. The former was always going to be a buy out candidate and the latter, if they can't dump him now, just wait until the off season and it shouldn't be too difficult.

You don't attach a good, young asset to do that, especially when neither is hamstringing the organization.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's would be incredibly stupid and unecessary. Neither Belinelli or Carroll is an albatross or problem. The former was always going to be a buy out candidate and the latter, if they can't dump him now, just wait until the off season and it shouldn't be too difficult.

You don't attach a good, young asset to do that, especially when neither is hamstringing the organization.
    Mills aside I agree

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    definitely not untouchable but the spurs need size as it is.

i'd move him and parts for adams, capela, drummond.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't and I said then that I'd be willing to go as high as $7-8 million, if necessary. I was high on him before the trade, telling people how good he was already.

He's not literally untouchable obviously, but given what I said (mainly that they wouldn't get back enough to make it worth their while), he should be.
    For the record, i wasnt really addressing you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is a legit asset. It may cost us to move Marco or Demarre, but not Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd love for the Spurs to keep Poetl, but as others have said, we don't have a great history with big men.
    What do y'all mean by not having a great history with big men?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills aside I agree
    Attaching Poeltl to dump Mills would be incredibly dumb on our part as well. If it brings back a significant asset so be it but we shouldn't sacrifice him just to dump Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Attaching Poeltl to dump Mills would be incredibly dumb on our part as well. If it brings back a significant asset so be it but we shouldn't sacrifice him just to dump Mills.
    Depends - if they aren’t paying Jakob anyways? And it leads to ability to really re tool? I can see it.

Also hoopshype says Carroll only guaranteed 1.5M next year but others reporting fully guaranteed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mills is a legit asset. It may cost us to move Marco or Demarre, but not Mills.
    Not sure that’s true with his defense and contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Check his Hollinger stats. He is having a very good season. A team like Orlando that is desperate for some outside shooting would definitely give us something of value for Patty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His contract isn't an issue. If a team needs shooting he could bring value for this season and be traded next year as an expiring if need be. He's actually one of the more tradable players on this team.

Unfortunately, the Spurs wouldn't give up their fan and organizational favorite even if it meant improving the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do y'all mean by not having a great history with big men?
    They tend to not be lifers on the Spurs' roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They tend to not be lifers on the Spurs' roster.
    We had 2 lifers for over 35 years. Oberto was for all practical purposes. Splitter, too; he was shot when we traded him to Atlanta.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His contract isn't an issue. If a team needs shooting he could bring value for this season and be traded next year as an expiring if need be. He's actually one of the more tradable players on this team.

Unfortunately, the Spurs wouldn't give up their fan and organizational favorite even if it meant improving the team.
    From Patty's perspective, you almost wonder why he doesn't ask for a trade. Pop must have already promised him the rafters.

Thread Information