Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2178
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the spurs draft and stash a guy It will probably be him.
    I don't think he and his agent want stashing. As I heard and read from some of the local "insiders", there is only one plan for Samanic next season - and it's the NBA. Whether he is ready for it... Well, that's another question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    projected 2nd round pick, only 19 years old with a lot of upside. Would love for the Spurs to pick him up with a 2nd rounder and stash him. Seems like the best move to turn a 2nd rounder into a long term piece that can play in the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this has probably already been discussed but I'm too lazy to go through the 50 pages...what does our cap situation look like?

Basically just the MLE available? Would that need to go to Gay to re-sign him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just some interesting FYI guys.

I'm at the Slovenian league game right now, and RC Buford is sitting like two rows in front of me. He must've come to watch Luka Samanic, since there are no other NBA level talents in this game. It's the second time I've seen him at the game this year. Maybe the Spurs are onto something here...
    Way to go RC...... Wrong Luka, wrong year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know this has probably already been discussed but I'm too lazy to go through the 50 pages...what does our cap situation look like?

Basically just the MLE available? Would that need to go to Gay to re-sign him?
    no we can use bird rights on Gay and then still have the MLE since we're over the cap anyway. Should sign a 3-and-D SF and that's it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no we can use bird rights on Gay and then still have the MLE since we're over the cap anyway. Should sign a 3-and-D SF and that's it
    Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    projected 2nd round pick, only 19 years old with a lot of upside. Would love for the Spurs to pick him up with a 2nd rounder and stash him. Seems like the best move to turn a 2nd rounder into a long term piece that can play in the NBA
    I could see the Spurs using Raptors pick on him..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see the Spurs using Raptors pick on him..
    thought so too. I'd like that pick up, he has huge upside and is suited for the modern NBA. But nowhere near ready, would definitely have to stash him or send him to the G-League

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thought so too. I'd like that pick up, he has huge upside and is suited for the modern NBA. But nowhere near ready, would definitely have to stash him or send him to the G-League
    You can't stash him unless he's willing, even as a second rounder. If you draft a player, you are obligated to offer him whatever first round contract he's en led to, or an NBA minimum deal to a second rounder, unless you reach a mutual agreement that he's a stash. A second round contract can be unguaranteed, but he either makes the roster, or you cut him and he's a FA. Jack McClinton forced the issue when we drafted him in the 2nd, years ago. He was a camp casualty, and never played in the NBA. The exception would be if the player was already under contract for next year overseas. Sounds like that isn't the case with Samancic, since the plan seems to be NBA or bust.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CBS Sports: NCAA BB: 2019 NBA Mock Draft: Knicks get Zion Williamson, but Cavs pass on Ja Morant for RJ Barrett
    The stars are aligned for Duke players to go in the top two slots in Kyle Boone's latest NBA Mock Draft
    by Kyle Boone Kyle__Boone Apr 29, 2019 at 11:59 am ET

team logo
    Spurs

Bol Bol | Oregon | Fr | C | 7-2

Bol's talent level and skill could land him inside the top-10 of this draft. His recent injury history and size, however, could see him drop outside the lottery. He played only nine games at Oregon before sustaining a season-ending foot injury, but when he was healthy, he averaged 21 points, 9.6 rebounds, 2.7 blocks while shooting 52.0 percent from 3-point range. The Spurs could use Bol's versatility at the center position alongside a more traditional big man like Jakob Poeltl.
    team logo
    Spurs

Pick acquired via trade with Toronto

Cameron Johnson | North Carolina | Sr | SF | 6-8

Johnson isn't going to wow with athleticism or flash or dunks, but he is a solid scorer with a perfect frame custom-fit for the modern NBA. And as a four-year player in college, he could be ready to contribute right away. For a Spurs franchise that might be looking to replace the production of Rudy Gay, this could be a perfect fit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sporting News: NBA Mock Draft 2019: Zion Williamson is no-brainer for Knicks; RJ Barrett over Ja Morant at No. 2?
    Written By Sean Deveney
    8H AGO [AKA 30 April 2019]

19. Spurs - Sekou Doumbouya, SF, France

Doumbouya is just 18 and will need plenty of grooming before he can be an impact player. He needs to hone his shot and build up some basketball IQut his combination of do-it-all athleticism and length makes him a worthwhile risk.
    29. Spurs (via Raptors) - KZ Okpala, SG, Stanford

Okpala is a slashing, creative scorer who averaged 16.9 points for the Cardinal this season. If he can show a bit more playmaking sense in workouts, he should lock up a first-round spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Basketball Insiders:
    Mock Drafts
    NBA Daily: 60-Pick NBA Mock Draft – 4/30/19

The 2019 NBA Draft is less than 51 days away, and things around the NBA are starting to heat up as teams begin working out players. Steve Kyler offers up his latest 60-Pick Mock draft.
    Steve Kyler

Published 5 hours ago

on April 30, 2019

By Steve Kyler

Keldon Johnson
    San Antonio Spurs

KentuckyFreshman
    Height: 6' 6
    Position: SG/SF
    Weight: 215

Goga Bitadze
    San Antonio Spurs

Mega BemaxInternational
    Height: 6' 11
    Position: C
    Weight: 250

Austin Wiley
    San Antonio Spurs

Auburn Junior
    Height: 6' 10
    Position: C
    Weight: 260

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [The Athletic] Veccine: 2019 NBA Mock Draft 3.0 - Post-early entry deadline edition

Behind pay-wall, stolen from Reddit:

19. San Antonio Spurs — Nickeil Alexander-Walker
    29. San Antonio Spurs (from TOR) — Bruno Fernando

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sporting News: NBA Mock Draft 2019: Zion Williamson is no-brainer for Knicks; RJ Barrett over Ja Morant at No. 2?
    Written By Sean Deveney
    8H AGO [AKA 30 April 2019]
    Doumbouya and KZ? do it Mitch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doing his due diligence I’m sure, but I saw that RC was at Luka samanic last game

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is in my top 4 of picks would love to move up in second round to pick him up or Okeke

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is in my top 4 of picks would love to move up in second round to pick him up or Okeke
    May I ask what makes him one of your top picks? I've watched him play live all season and I'm not *that* impressed by him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm at the Slovenian league game right now, and RC Buford is sitting like two rows in front of me. He must've come to watch Luka Samanic, since there are no other NBA level talents in this game. It's the second time I've seen him at the game this year. Maybe the Spurs are onto something here...
    If the spurs draft and stash a guy It will probably be him.
    Particularly if it is another big, slow, clumsy white Euro goon.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Claxton and Charles Matthews would be guys to look at with the second rounder.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nick Claxton and Charles Matthews would be guys to look at with the second rounder.
    I really doubt Claxton would be there. You want him, start thinking about using 29. He might well be a good pick there, some really nice skills for his age & size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really doubt Claxton would be there. You want him, start thinking about using 29. He might well be a good pick there, some really nice skills for his age & size.
    He doesn't grade out well, using traditional C metrics. He was asked to do things that were not in his strength area, like initiate offense, which dinged his shooting %s. A LOT of his baskets and attempts were un-assisted.

HUGE upside, though. He could be a + on both sides of the ball. He could also stiff, and most teams are afraid to do that with a first rounder.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice if Keldon Johnson (Kentucky) fell to 19 as Steve Kyler's mock suggests.

He's an athletic wingman who plays defense hard and has a good bit of offensive potential -- just the kind of player the Spurs can develop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When is the combine?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be nice if Keldon Johnson (Kentucky) fell to 19 as Steve Kyler's mock suggests.

He's an athletic wingman who plays defense hard and has a good bit of offensive potential -- just the kind of player the Spurs can develop.
    Don't fall in love with athleticism, in a vacuum. If they can't play fundamental basketball, and a lot of these kids really can't, you can't teach them in a time frame where it pays off for your team (Tobias Harris). If they can, they'll be out of our reach.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh for s sake. Thanks very much for posting, Smaka - it's good to get a little info about who the team is considering. But I really, really hope they aren't considering using one of this year's picks on Samanic.

After I read this, I went and dug up an article on him in case some others here are interested. Pay close attention to the first paragraph. The consensus top international prospect in this draft is probably Doumbouya, and I'm really negative on him being able to contribute much in his first year in the NBA - maybe his first two years. Samanic is seen as being way behind Doumbouya, and his big problem all along has been inconsistency. Inconsistency at that level, which means that he's got no real chance at surviving in the NBA as he currently is.

The other thing to remember is that Doncic was seen as the best international last year - but he went with the 3 Pick, so it was no secret how good he was. The year before that, the guy viewed as the best international prospect was Frank Ntilikina - and he is seriously one of the worst players in the league to be getting any meaningful minutes. That "Best International Prospect" designation doesn't mean . If the guy is really good, everyone knows it. If he's iffy, there's a reason for it. Samanic is beyond iffy. This article is pretty good about explaining why.

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/11/1...-luka-samanic/

Thread Information