Page 133 of 143 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3559
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to get something for that Pau contract by the deadline. What teams need to get off money the season after next?
    I agree with your line of thinking. I could see Minnesota and Washington being teams that will need to get off of some salary. I could also see Orlando wanting to make a move albeit for a different reason.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to get something for that Pau contract by the deadline. What teams need to get off money the season after next?
    Only if we get back a nice piece at this point. The Spurs may need the cap room that waiving and stretching or just waiving him will provide after this season. Waiving and stretching has the effect of taking $14 million off the books.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if we get back a nice piece at this point. The Spurs may need the cap room that waiving and stretching or just waiving him will provide after this season. Waiving and stretching has the effect of taking $14 million off the books.
    We probably have a better chance of using that space in a trade than holding it and hoping we can lure a FA next summer when every team out there has room to compete and artificially drive up prices.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next Season we won't have cap space regardless so I believe waiving his 6.7M guarantee and not stretching is probably the best option.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fair point, but We’d also have to move on from Patty to open enough capspace to be meaningful players next summer. That market is going to be intense with all these 1 year deals being signed this summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My opinion after this awful Kiwhi summer is that we are in a no pleasant situation looking in our present and our future.
    For the present we have no perimeter defense...and I know Pop can be creative but he cannot give players suddenly what they have never had (the lack of defense of Mills, Belinelli, Forbes, DDR is scary...at least...expecilly compared to The Green and Kyle defense).
    For the future because we don't seem to now to have a young star we can rely upon...LMA is over 30 and DDR is already 28.

That said, I think we should explore the market...but I understand that, expecially after this summer of disillusion, we have to rely on some pieces that still are sold on the System mentality.
    That's why, at least for the moment, I see Patty as necessary as much as Manu staying for another year.

That said there are two trades that, if possible, I'd like to make as soon as possible.

a) trade Pau for Wilson Chandler That imho is beneficial for both teams. Gives Pau a chance to be on a real contender and be a focal point for them from the bench. Also insurance in case Embeed need some rest. For us, gives us a real sf with still good defensive skills. He's 31 so maybe, if he buys in the system, he has still some years left...however he expires next season and could be retained depending on how good the season he plays:

b) trade DDR for Wiggins I think DDR should like to be sold to a young and promising team. He didn't look too thrilled to play for us...and I don't want any chance of a possible new drama. If I've seen well, this trade was already likely to happen and has been proposed in any case when DDR was still with Raptors. I know till now Wiggins has looked a little problematic, but take him out of Towns team may be beneficial in that sense. He's still very young and however he is in a 5 years contract with no player option (DDR in a three years with PO in year 3). So I see him grow well under Pop tutelage to the point he could become in time the all star he was supposed to be.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My opinion after this awful Kiwhi summer is that we are in a no pleasant situation looking in our present and our future.
    For the present we have no perimeter defense...and I know Pop can be creative but he cannot give players suddenly what they have never had (the lack of defense of Mills, Belinelli, Forbes, DDR is scary...at least...expecilly compared to The Green and Kyle defense).
    For the future because we don't seem to now to have a young star we can rely upon...LMA is over 30 and DDR is already 28.

That said, I think we should explore the market...but I understand that, expecially after this summer of disillusion, we have to rely on some pieces that still are sold on the System mentality.
    That's why, at least for the moment, I see Patty as necessary as much as Manu staying for another year.

That said there are two trades that, if possible, I'd like to make as soon as possible.

a) trade Pau for Wilson Chandler That imho is beneficial for both teams. Gives Pau a chance to be on a real contender and be a focal point for them from the bench. Also insurance in case Embeed need some rest. For us, gives us a real sf with still good defensive skills. He's 31 so maybe, if he buys in the system, he has still some years left...however he expires next season and could be retained depending on how good the season he plays:

b) trade DDR for Wiggins I think DDR should like to be sold to a young and promising team. He didn't look too thrilled to play for us...and I don't want any chance of a possible new drama. If I've seen well, this trade was already likely to happen and has been proposed in any case when DDR was still with Raptors. I know till now Wiggins has looked a little problematic, but take him out of Towns team may be beneficial in that sense. He's still very young and however he is in a 5 years contract with no player option (DDR in a three years with PO in year 3). So I see him grow well under Pop tutelage to the point he could become in time the all star he was supposed to be.
    Much rather have DDR over Wiggins. I'm sure if we wanted Wiggins for B*tch, it would have happened. Wiggins isn't all there in the BBIQ department. He's been a disappoint in relation to his huge contract ... No one wants to touch that mess.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Much rather have DDR over Wiggins. I'm sure if we wanted Wiggins for B*tch, it would have happened. Wiggins isn't all there in the BBIQ department. He's been a disappoint in relation to his huge contract ... No one wants to touch that mess.
    I would be interested in Wiggins but, not over DD. If we could acquire him for mills + pau + Toronto pick I'd do it to pair him with DD. I think we could turn him into a special player but there is risk there.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would be interested in Wiggins but, not over DD. If we could acquire him for mills + pau + Toronto pick I'd do it to pair him with DD. I think we could turn him into a special player but there is risk there.
    We need a wing in a bad way. I'm not sure we can land Wiggins with that package, apart maybe in case Mills start the season playing very well and Wiggins very bad. As of now I would send to Minny not only Mills, Pau and Toronto pick, but also our next first for having him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wonder what Lakers would give us to take Deng in a swap with Pau? I’d do Deng + future first for Pau’s contract. Pau can just chill in LA for a year before being cut.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need a defensive wing...for absurd, i still think that Toronto could again be a trade partner...they need to free cap space next seasons.
    I think they would agree to trade OG if Ibaka is included...on nba trade machine it works Ibaka + OG for Pau, Paul and Manu.
    Obviously, I'd do that trade only if Gino retires...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau Gasol for Stanley Johnson and Jon Leuer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pau Gasol for Stanley Johnson and Jon Leuer.
    Would love it but Leuer only has $3 mil more guaranteed money for 2019 than Gasol and it'd be crazy expensive for Detroit to lose Johnson over this. They've managed to stay under the tax for this season already so they're not desperate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love the current Spurs roster, and we will be better than most so called experts think we will. I believe that we are a top 4 team in the West next year barring significant injuries. However, I believe that we are one Star away from being a championship contender. I think that Hassan Whiteside could be that Star player we need.

I propose that the Spurs trade Gasol, Mills, and Toronto's 2019 protected first pick to Miami for Hassan Whiteside and Justise Winslow. Miami has been trying to trade Whiteside and his contract (2 years $52mm), but so far have no takers. Gasol and Mills salaries equal those of Whiteside and Winslow for the next two years.

Whiteside was an all-star caliber player two years ago. Injuries slowed him last year and the improvement of Bam Adabayo and Kelly Olynyk make Whiteside expendable at a much cheaper price. Winslow is a 3 and D SF that fills a hole in our roster. We really don't have a backup SF. Winslow might even fit better as a starter with Gay leading the second unit. The only PG on Miami's roster is Goran Dragic. They desperately need a backup PG. They could use Mills.

We would miss Mills as backup PG, but we have White and Forbes who can play PG and are ready to take a larger role this year. They need more minutes to see what they can do. Ginobili can also play backup PG if needed. Mills is good but he is not a star and never will be.

I think this deal would make us compe ive for the next two seasons. We could sit back and watch the bloodbath that will be 2019 free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of trading Gasol for Wilson Chandler. 76ers like Gasol and they think he can help develop Embid and Chandler is only a one year contract. I would rather have DDR than Wiggins and I don't think Minnesota would do the deal anyway. Another deal that we could do would be to trade Mills to Chicago for Robin Lopez. We would need a center if we traded Gasol and Lopez is also on an expiring contract. These two deals would give us cap room to try for a top tier free agent in 2019.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow! This place is getting dusty.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow! This place is getting dusty.
    Pretty normal during the off-season. This board's most active leading up to the trade deadline or the draft. After the team's season ends, most free-agent or draft topic find their way onto the main forum.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the idea of trading Gasol for Wilson Chandler. 76ers like Gasol and they think he can help develop Embid and Chandler is only a one year contract. I would rather have DDR than Wiggins and I don't think Minnesota would do the deal anyway. Another deal that we could do would be to trade Mills to Chicago for Robin Lopez. We would need a center if we traded Gasol and Lopez is also on an expiring contract. These two deals would give us cap room to try for a top tier free agent in 2019.
    I am all in on both deals. I especially like RoLo and wouldn’t mind re-signing him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really hope the spurs get something for that Gasol contract by the February deadline. I’d consider taking back Masgov or Mahnmi for a future first from Charlotte or Washington.

GO SPURS GO
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs get
    Mahinmi
    Smith
    Oubre Jr
    Draft picks maybe 2020 1st protected
    Gets the spurs a SF and depth at the post and youth with the draft
    Washington gets
    Pau
    Patty
    Raptors 2019 2nd from KL trade maybe.
    Washington get depth at PG and leadership/mature.

Works on espn trade machine not sure how the picks factor in. Doesn't help a ton with our 3pt. Shooting as a team but Oubre jr is a starter at the wing and can play D.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs get
    Mahinmi
    Smith
    Oubre Jr
    Draft picks maybe 2020 1st protected
    Gets the spurs a SF and depth at the post and youth with the draft
    Washington gets
    Pau
    Patty
    Raptors 2019 2nd from KL trade maybe.
    Washington get depth at PG and leadership/mature.

Works on espn trade machine not sure how the picks factor in. Doesn't help a ton with our 3pt. Shooting as a team but Oubre jr is a starter at the wing and can play D.
    I like Oubre but he’s about to get paid, and he strikes me as desperate for a move. Taking on Ian’s salary and giving up that pick for a rental seems steep.

GO SPURS GO
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Oubre Jr I was unsure if we could get him to stay long term.
    Iine up
    JP/Ian/metu
    LA/Bartans/Smith
    Kelly/Gay/BGame
    DD/Marco/walker
    Murry/White/Forbes

If KOJ signs long term and we give that pick up it makes sense. I he wouldn't sign the yes its steep.
    Smith would be a big used very lil
    Ian was a spur understands pops system
    KOJ is the prize
    I'm just throwing out a trade that get us a guy who fits our needs. I doubt we would ever make such a trade wishful thinking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not bad, but Oubre Jr. isn't Spurs material. I get that he'd be replacing Mills, but why trade a 1st and add $8.5M (remaining guaranteed difference between Gasol and Mahinmi) when they already have a similar type in Walker? Despite Oubre Jr. being plus 2 and 4 in height and wingspan respectively, he lacks the strength to defend big wings who can create their own shot all the same.

GO SPURS GO
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I understood that there were 2 second rd picks but i was wrong. Either way the picks werent relevant In that scenario and as I stated previously just throwing out a trade for our needs. There are other players I would value more for the wing spot for sure.

GO SPURS GO!!!!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we want an athletic wing that can run and play D I'd keep an eye on Winslow in Miami. If Miami and minny get closer on a butler deal we might be able to work ourselves in as a third team and get Winslow. He'll be expendable and I could see Thibs preferring a vet like Gasol or mills.

Thread Information