Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should be named something more appropriate for our new Best Player. Like Crips Compton Block of DeMar DeRozan, or Crips House of Protection of DeMar DeRozan.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This should be named something more appropriate for our new Best Player. Like Crips Compton Block of DeMar DeRozan, or Crips House of Protection of DeMar DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeMar reps dat Corner Poccet Hood, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems a bit long

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems a bit long
    Yeah, "Corner Poccet of DeMar DeRozan" flows better, unless it leaves too much out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm holding back of saying something ed up even by Spurstalk standards.

Fine I'll say it:

Was the "Corner of Where-Richard-Jefferson's-Dad-was-killed Crips" too wordy?

Yeah that was painful. Sorry.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm holding back of saying something ed up even by Spurstalk standards.

Fine I'll say it:

Was the "Corner of Where-Richard-Jefferson's-Dad-was-killed Crips" too wordy?

Yeah that was painful. Sorry.
    Wasn’t Kawhi dad killed in Compton too?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was frozen ice hotel in reference to anyway? I never got that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasn’t Kawhi dad killed in Compton too?
    Two of the most hated Spurs have that in common. Smh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprisingly he has been exciting to watch so far. He has played great in these last 2 games. I hope he can maintain it for the whole entire year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3rd game and already a career high in assists. Looks like a very good start

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anybody tell me why he doesn't dunk anymore? Did he lose some athleticism? Or is he fully aware that Pop hates dunks?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anybody tell me why he doesn't dunk anymore? Did he lose some athleticism? Or is he fully aware that Pop hates dunks?
    I don't think he is actually that big of a dunker. I thought the same about him. He can rip off some nasty jams but seems to be more of the crafty/finesse type when finishing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Timvp said he went back and watched every Raptors game from last season and DeMar didn't dunk much. Apparently he's not as athletic as we thought. He relies more on footwork and skill to score his points rather than on athleticism. i think someone said one of the Spurs players (can't remember who, for some reason I'm thinking Kyle Anderson) had more dunks than him last season. Not sure how much DeMar dunked when he was younger, though?
    Last edited by Ice009; 10-23-2018 at 10:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think he is actually that big of a dunker. I thought the same about him. He can rip off some nasty jams but seems to be more of the crafty/finesse type when finishing.
    I'm not so sure he's more athletic than Kawhi tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Timvp said he went back and watched every Raptors game from last season and DeMar didn't dunk much. Apparently he's not as athletic as we though. He relies more on footwork and skill to score his points rather than on athleticism. i think someone said one of the Spurs players (can't remember who, for some reason I'm thinking Kyle Anderson) had more dunks than him last season. Not sure how much DeMar dunked when he was younger, though?
    According to NBAdraftnet, his athleticism rated as a 10 coming out of college: http://www.nbadraft.net/players/demar-derozan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan always ends up in top 10 dunks of the year since his rookie season. Why he doesn't dunk often as you would expect? That's just his style of play. He is more crafty and relies on foot work and post game. Believe me though, you will see DeRozan posterize someone this year. Y'all remember his dunk on Rudy Gobert?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anZ3V-DUJcs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I read that he only had like 10 or 12 dunks all of last season. Seems like he's a selective dunker.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who says DeRozan isnt athletic or cant dunk is crazy. Does he dunk in game like he used to? No. Prob to conserve energy as he aged, he definitely has muscled up over the yrs to.

Timvp cites more recent yrs. But dude can dunk. Yall dont remember these days? Wasnt even that long ago...

https://youtu.be/9AjnjbQX6k0

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyone who says DeRozan isnt athletic or cant dunk is crazy. Does he dunk in game like he used to? No. Prob to conserve energy as he aged, he definitely has muscled up over the yrs to.

Timvp cites more recent yrs. But dude can dunk. Yall dont remember these days? Wasnt even that long ago...

https://youtu.be/9AjnjbQX6k0
    I think part of it may be adjusting his game to age well, but part of it could just be pride. When he came out of USC, his game wasn’t very well rounded. He WAS known as a high flyer and dunker. That’s a label that can get stuck to you forever. Vince Carter really didn’t shed it until he was 35 or so. DeMar worked very hard on his handle and overall game, and maybe didn’t want to be defined that way. Maybe if you’re not dunking much at all, it’s easier for people to recognize your overall game and not be defined as just a dunker or athlete.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

http://blog.eastbay.com/athletes/dem...-on-a-mission/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, the last time I heard of Eastbay they had a print catalog for sneakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yes, DeRozan used to be a dunk champ high flyer. Best for his career that he learned to pivot and post like harden. Murray needs to learn the same game now that he got hurt. It will extend his career, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information