Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Begins Thursday April 25.

There's already a devoted offseason thread, but figured that should be limited to coaching stuff and free agency.

imo the top 3 players in the draft are Nick Bosa, Quinnen Williams, and Josh Allen. Raiders pick at #4, so just hope one of them slides.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Josh Allen gonna be a Niner imo.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Probably worst year for QBs since 2013. Maybe the rest of the draft falls that way, too? Everyone except the Eagles (and possibly Steelers, but they got zero net return for their prize that draft) had a lousy draft haul that year.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Darrell Henderson a RB just ran a 4.36 40, that is cooking for RB's. His stock just went up.

Most in that 4.45-4.60 range.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Josh Rosen trade rumors seem legit and reports coming out that cards will absolutely draft Kyler Murray. Great news for everybody near the top of the draft. Studs will fall

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    Time to draft a QB Tampa. Don't this up.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Josh Rosen trade rumors seem legit and reports coming out that cards will absolutely draft Kyler Murray. Great news for everybody near the top of the draft. Studs will fall
    Cardinals are such a cluster

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Time to draft a QB Tampa. Don't this up.
    In the worst draft class for QBs since 2013. Lol.

Better wait 'till next year.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cardinals are such a cluster
    So are the other Arizona sports franchises too, well at least the Suns and Dbacks, I don't follow hocky because I'm not a canuck got

My Team
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    Post Count
    In the worst draft class for QBs since 2013. Lol.

Better wait 'till next year.
    That's just my hatred for Jameis talking.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    if rosen is on the block and the jags are to sign foles. i would like the jags to trade a 4th or lower for rosen lol

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    That's just my hatred for Jameis talking.
    Yep, and Dwayne Haskins is the same exact player, at best. Somewhere between him and EJ Manuel.

Kyler Murray is that X-factor if you're looking for a Vick type QB; but he'll be long gone before Tampa? I'm not sure he'll be great or not but he does have some of that Vick/Russell Wilson game in him.

Otherwise, 2020 has a much better and better well rounded QB class, from Herbert to Tagovailoa.
    if rosen is on the block and the jags are to sign foles. i would like the jags to trade a 4th or lower for rosen lol
    Why do you want to make a premium pick QB from last year (one with an ego at that) a backup? Also, what makes you think Zona would trade last year's 9th overall (that they traded UP for) for a 4th or lower?

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    doesnt seem like rosen is going to get a first round pick... if thats the case the pats should definitely target him with a 2nd and a late, or something

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    doesnt seem like rosen is going to get a first round pick... if thats the case the pats should definitely target him with a 2nd and a late, or something
    well, he is an accurate pocket passer statue type of QB like Brady... Cowboys have one of those in Mike White, albeit lower rent... those guys need perfect coaching and the right Oline to succeed though. But Rosen (and White) both need to fix the sack fumbling issue, if you're going to be a non-mobile pocket passer you need to be able to make the subtle squirm moves in the pocket and be able to throw it from different angles to get the ball off.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Some talk about Murray maybe lacking in "smarts".....hmmm?

Could be totally wrong.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    Yep.

Rosen probably needs 1-2 years on the bench unlearning all of the bad habits he picked up after one year in a completely dysfunctional situation, but he definitely has potential. Of the Cardinals games I saw he was capable of making throws into really tight windows when he wasn’t getting sacked 2 seconds after the snap.

you're a phony Holden_Caulfield's Avatar
    My Team
    Jacksonville Jaguars
    Post Count
    Why do you want to make a premium pick QB from last year (one with an ego at that) a backup? Also, what makes you think Zona would trade last year's 9th overall (that they traded UP for) for a 4th or lower?
    rosen doesnt look ready tbh and it would help his development to sit for a year or two assuming we get foles for a 2-3 year deal. they would trade him because they literally fired everyone and the new management seems to want to start over with kyler (if the rumors are true). but honestly id trade the jags 2nd round pick but nothing higher.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yep.

Rosen probably needs 1-2 years on the bench unlearning all of the bad habits he picked up after one year in a completely dysfunctional situation, but he definitely has potential. Of the Cardinals games I saw he was capable of making throws into really tight windows when he wasn’t getting sacked 2 seconds after the snap.
    He needs to be like Brady and compensate for his lack of physical athleticism/mobility by making those subtle shifts in the pocket and pre-snap pass pro audibles like Brady does. Sacks aren't just the fault of the OL, but also the QB. Brady has never had a top 5 ranked OL but he's always near the lowest in the NFL in sacks taken.

My Team
    New England Patriots
    Post Count
    He needs to be like Brady and compensate for his lack of physical athleticism/mobility by making those subtle shifts in the pocket and pre-snap pass pro audibles like Brady does. Sacks aren't just the fault of the OL, but also the QB. Brady has never had a top 5 ranked OL but he's always near the lowest in the NFL in sacks taken.
    Yeah any offensive system requiring Rosen as a rookie or 2nd year QB to be able to make the same pre snap reads that Brady makes is re ed.

It falls more on coaching than it does Rosen, but either way, the Cardinals o-line is just really ing ty. When your left tackle whifs on a block and gives the QB less than 2 seconds to throw, it's not a coaching or pre-snap audible problem.

Brady also plays in an offense where he doesn't have to hold the ball very long vs. Rosen who was constantly facing 3rd and 10+ in situations where he would need to have 3-4 seconds of clean pocket time for a play to develop.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    bump for tonight

there's so little activity in this forum.. 2014 draft reached 37 pages. https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=226666

this place is a graveyard now

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Looking like the Cards might pass on Murray afterall, eh?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm gonna try and watch.

I quit posting too much here between all those bumped Wilson threads and MM's bad takes. But finally about to start the season.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Looking like the Cards might pass on Murray afterall, eh?
    If they stand pat at #1, they'll pick him. If they trade down, they won't. Simple as that.

Thread Information