Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    "Barcelona has a great team. They have the best player in the world, Messi, and the other day I heard that the loss was the fault of Valverde, Coutinho but never Messi's fault. Instead, when they win it's the Barcelona of Messi that wins. It's a tremendous injustice for all of the players and the staff."

Ignore "best player in the world" Ronaldo is obviously being political here. But this is madness.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Ronaldo CR7 is finished, Juventus were HEAVY favorites heading into the tie and they failed miserably. He isn't even top 5 this year.

R9 is an idiot, Messi was comfortably the best player for Barca in the second leg, EVERY chances they had was thanks (literally every single one)

And Messi is still miles ahead of anyone else in CL this year (yes, even VVD)

This sums it up nicely:

This hot take is absolutely awful from Ronaldo. "Apparently it is the fault of Valverde when they lose and the genius of Messi when they win" is commonly used as an argument. No , because that is actually the way it is!

When you build a team around 1 player, when he has saved them time and time again, than the one game where he can't shine the rest of the team collapses. The one moment he needed the team to help him out instead, they collapse. That's down to Valverde for making them overdependent on him

I saw a stat yesterday that Messi has won Barcelona 0.96 points per game this season by himself. 0.96!! He has more points himself than clubs at the bottom of the table have amassed

My Team
    Portugal
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    The fat one just trying to shift the heat away from his ty countryman, tbh.

Veteran
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Fat Ronaldo and Messi are the most gifted footballers I've ever watched with my own eyes tbh. But I don't know how you don't sack Valverde after this debacle.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Fat Ronaldo and Messi are the most gifted footballers I've ever watched with my own eyes tbh. But I don't know how you don't sack Valverde after this debacle.
    He comfortably won the league. Reached the final of the cup. Semi-final in the Champions. Won all games vs Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid. It's not his fault. Who that's available is going to do better?

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    He comfortably won the league. Reached the final of the cup. Semi-final if the Champions. Won all games vs Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid. It's not his fault. Who that's available is going to do better?
    He won the league in a two team league, where the other team (Real) is a ing mess. He reached the cup final....of a two team league. They've suffered two of the biggest collapses in CL history in back-to-back years.

Teams like Real and Barca aren't judged by La Liga, let's be real. That's why Real's CL 3peat was much more impressive and lauded. The only reason this is a question here is because of the stupid Rapenaldo vs Midget ulterior agenda.

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    He comfortably won the league. Reached the final of the cup. Semi-final in the Champions. Won all games vs Real Madrid, Atlético Madrid. It's not his fault. Who that's available is going to do better?
    The Special One

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    He won the league in a two team league, where the other team (Real) is a ing mess. He reached the cup final....of a two team league. They've suffered two of the biggest collapses in CL history in back-to-back years.

Teams like Real and Barca aren't judged by La Liga, let's be real. That's why Real's CL 3peat was much more impressive and lauded. The only reason this is a question here is because of the stupid Rapenaldo vs Midget ulterior agenda.
    Atlético is a very big team too, they shadowed Barça all the compe ion but they lost the Derby and the game vs Barcelona. Madrid won few leagues the last 10 years, if it were easy they would win more. Valverde repeated as champion. Maybe will get the cup too, though Barça seldom wins Valencia.

Then there are teams like Valencia, Sevilla or Atlético Bilbao that aren't easy to win. Barcelona is just very consistent.

But it seems Valverde has no clue of how to win the Champions. Barça really has 4 champions, the 2009 le can't possibly count due the semi-final scandal vs Chelsea. They just don't win that often.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Mou has been Madrid's manager. And it's been long time since he won a Champions. Barcelona is also an attacking team that controls the ball, the park the bus and counter attack tactics aren't well suited for that team. The fans would burn the stadium.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Ronaldo CR7 is finished, Juventus were HEAVY favorites heading into the tie and they failed miserably. He isn't even top 5 this year.

R9 is an idiot, Messi was comfortably the best player for Barca in the second leg, EVERY chances they had was thanks (literally every single one)

This sums it up nicely:

This hot take is absolutely awful from Ronaldo. "Apparently it is the fault of Valverde when they lose and the genius of Messi when they win" is commonly used as an argument. No , because that is actually the way it is!

When you build a team around 1 player, when he has saved them time and time again, than the one game where he can't shine the rest of the team collapses. The one moment he needed the team to help him out instead, they collapse. That's down to Valverde for making them overdependent on him

I saw a stat yesterday that Messi has won Barcelona 0.96 points per game this season by himself. 0.96!! He has more points himself than clubs at the bottom of the table have amassed
    Ronaldo the Brazilian has been the best player of the world for several seasons and with quite some difference, I think he knows what he's talking about.

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Ronaldo the Brazilian has been the best player of the world for several seasons and with quite some difference, I think he knows what he's talking about.

No, He really doesn’t

Pele was good in his day but doesn’t mean he isn’t a clueless mong with his opinions

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Atlético is a very big team too, they shadowed Barça all the compe ion but they lost the Derby and the game vs Barcelona. Madrid won few leagues the last 10 years, if it were easy they would win more. Valverde repeated as champion. Maybe will get the cup too, though Barça seldom wins Valencia.

Then there are teams like Valencia, Sevilla or Atlético Bilbao that aren't easy to win. Barcelona is just very consistent.

But it seems Valverde has no clue of how to win the Champions. Barça really has 4 champions, the 2009 le can't possibly count due the semi-final scandal vs Chelsea. They just don't win that often.
    But we will count the 2016 one where Ramos scored offside goals or all the offside goals they got away with against Bayern in 2017

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Agree on the first part.
    As far as sacking the coach I just don’t know enough about what went on during their season
    I have a very hard time letting it come down to one game when messy served his teammates twice on a platter and they missed. One goal would’ve done it
    Last edited by pgardn; 05-10-2019 at 09:28 AM.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count

La Liga les in last 15 years:
    Barcelona - 10
    Real Madrid - 4
    Athletico Madrid - 1

I don't know what your argument is here. There's no dispute La Liga has been a two horse race, and during that time Real has lost 4 les to Barca by 1, 2, 3, and 4 points. And the fact that Barca has 10 les in 15 years is actually supporting the Valverde shouldn't be judged solely on domestic les.

And yes, my point was two historic meltdowns for Valverde should be a nail in his coffin. I'll ignore your biased diatribe about their CL le scandal.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    Agree on the first part.
    As far as sacking the coach I just don’t know enough about what went on during their season
    I have a very hard time letting it come down to one game when messy served his teammates twice on a platter and they missed. One goal would’ve done it
    Yep, teammates missed chances but you have to manage the second leg. Collapsing after a 4-1 and 3-0 first leg lead in back-to-back years in unforgivable. Barca doesn't know how they want to play - they don't clear the ball and play defensively minded with a lead, but they also show no urgency on the ball (looks at Alba's errors leading to 2 goals and Busquets overall terrible play).

This sums it up nicely:

Bynumite 140 lefty TheGreatYacht Jodelo

in' Amused never learns ..

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    What has he done this season? Zilch

He’s not going to be relevant unless Juve get an elite midfield to give him service

My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Barcelona - 10
    Real Madrid - 4
    Athletico Madrid - 1

I don't know what your argument is here. There's no dispute La Liga has been a two horse race, and during that time Real has lost 4 les to Barca by 1, 2, 3, and 4 points. And the fact that Barca has 10 les in 15 years is actually supporting the Valverde shouldn't be judged solely on domestic les.

And yes, my point was two historic meltdowns for Valverde should be a nail in his coffin. I'll ignore your biased diatribe about their CL le scandal.
    Keep preaching

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    No, He really doesn’t

Pele was good in his day but doesn’t mean he isn’t a clueless mong with his opinions
    Come on, Ronaldo has been there where Messi is. He isn't called phenomenal for no reason.

He's right. It can't be Barça wins a game, Valverde and other world class players are there for nothing. Barça collapses ridiculously, Messi don't even go out for a press conference and it's not his fault, it's Coutinho that plays out of position, Valverde, Busquets, anyone but Messi. That's not like that.

Pelé is clueless too? Don't make laugh.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Barcelona - 10
    Real Madrid - 4
    Athletico Madrid - 1

What a past history has to do with what's La Liga today. 15 years ago Atlético just ascended from second division. They have been selling best players for long time after that. Torres, Agüero, Falcao, Costa and many others. That's not any longer the case.

If you dig even deeper in history of La Liga you will see that in the 70's, there was just one big team, Madrid and two much smaller, Barça and Atlético.

But things aren't set in stone. That's not how Spanish see things imo.

If you check last 5 years, you will see 3 les for Barça, 1 for Madrid, 1 for Atlético. They have been 1-2-3 all five seasons. In the last 5 seasons Atlético also made two Champions League finals. I don't mention they won the Europa League, because unlike the old UEFA Cup that way very hard to win, it's a second rate Cup.

Barça has a great team, their budget is huge. But it's absurd to think any coach can win them the league. Pep and Luis Enrique are world class managers.

Tell me, who brought Dembele or Coutinho, who sold Neymar? Valverde?

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    But we will count the 2016 one where Ramos scored offside goals or all the offside goals they got away with against Bayern in 2017
    You can't compare some 5 cm off sides with the 2009 semi-finals scandal. 6 penalties not awarded for Chelsea, one of them a hand ball by Pique with an extended hand, 2-3 meters from the ref that was looking at him.

Barcelona died that night.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    What a past history has to do with what's La Liga today. 15 years ago Atlético just ascended from second division. They have been selling best players for long time after that. Torres, Agüero, Falcao, Costa and many others. That's not any longer the case.

If you dig even deeper in history of La Liga you will see that in the 70's, there was just one big team, Madrid and two much smaller, Barça and Atlético.

But things aren't set in stone. That's not how Spanish see things imo.

If you check last 5 years, you will see 3 les for Barça, 1 for Madrid, 1 for Atlético. They have been 1-2-3 all five seasons. In the last 5 seasons Atlético also made two Champions League finals. I don't mention they won the Europa League, because unlike the old UEFA Cup that way very hard to win, it's a second rate Cup.

Barça has a great team, their budget is huge. But it's absurd to think any coach can win them the league. Pep and Luis Enrique are world class managers.

Tell me, who brought Dembele or Coutinho, who sold Neymar? Valverde?
    Stop it. It's a two team league and the data shows that. Athletico is a good side and has made things interesting recently, but it's a race between the giants for almost 15+ years. There's a reason Barca was booed today in their La Liga win

Not sure what Neymar or Pootinho has to do with blowing a 4-1 and 3-0 first leg lead. Their transfer didn't cause that.

Thread Information