Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Kawhi drama started because the Spurs were trying to RUSH Leonard back and questioned his injury. This is exactly why he left. Tf are you talking about? This vindicates Leonard.
    Kawhi Leonard reminds me of tommy gunn off of Rocky 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We usually agree on things, but not on this one . . . at least yet. More needs to come out about this before jumping to conclusions, prematurely assigning blame and assassinating people's character.

But no matter what happened, rest assured that their playing the game within' the game will serve them well now. The media won't bite the hand that feeds it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one will be hesitant to pay KD as much as they possibly can. He can still go wherever he wants for however much money he wants.
    I don't think that will happen. 4 year max by anyone is a risk. If it's a rapture, he is out all year. And then it takes another year to get close to where you were. All those teams who had two maxes, won't convince the other it's a year wait until contention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Before he cowardly joined a 73-win team, I recall Durant as a scoring machine that couldn't break through to the next level.
    Durant's not LBJ - he's not leading another team to a ring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi Leonard reminds me of tommy gunn off of Rocky 5.
    So Timmy is going to beat Kawhi’s ass in a street brawl, then lay out Uncle Dennis?

Kori's nightmare SpurOutofTownFan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An unforgivably selfish decision by those pricks in the Bay. 'Light years ahead' my ass..

This arrogant franchise my have just prematurely ended the career of an All time great by shamelessly valuing their (hollow) rings over the health of a transcendent talent..

Spurs org was slandered non-stop despite letting a star player sit out a year because he was sore. Let's see if the Warriors get similar treatment.
    He will be demanding a trade to a team in LA soon and won't play for the Dubs anymore

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Timmy is going to beat Kawhi’s ass in a street brawl, then lay out Uncle Dennis?
    That would make my life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It probably is piling on but I definitely felt that wtf? feeling while listening to game 5 on XM radio in the car and hearing Durant was playing so many minutes early. I think they had him out there even at the beginning of the 2nd quarter when most healthy stars rest. I was like that’s too much PT for the guy. Wasn’t surprised at all (saddened of course) when they were like oh no, Durant is now limping. Just thought he reinjured the calf. Turns out it was basically instant karma for rushing him back and overplaying him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This may be the reason why Durant went to GS. He already had a major foot injury before. Maybe he knows his body and what his limits were in carrying a team and wanted some quick rings..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karma is a .

You ruin the league, you get got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS is, deservely so, in an impossible position: will definitely have to extend him to a max.
    In the best case: one year out, one year erratic play, one year OK, two years a washed out 34-35 y.o at 40+ mil a year.
    Worse case: one year out, one year erratic play, two years washed out 33-34 y.o., one year buy-out

And no insurance on the contract.

GS is cooked. Unless they have the Ainge balls and don't even try to resign him. Seems impossible, though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This may be the reason why Durant went to GS. He already had a major foot injury before. Maybe he knows his body and what his limits were in carrying a team and wanted some quick rings..
    But after he got a ring (twice) and a chance to sign for longer contract, he didn't. He should've known better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GS is, deservely so, in an impossible position: will definitely have to extend him to a max.
    In the best case: one year out, one year erratic play, one year OK, two years a washed out 34-35 y.o at 40+ mil a year.
    Worse case: one year out, one year erratic play, two years washed out 33-34 y.o., one year buy-out

GS is cooked. Unless they have the Ainge balls and don't even try to resign him. Seems impossible, though.
    They really can't afford to max him. They are so deep into the tax, their bill is just huge. To pay him that much for him not to play then for him to slowly get back into shape, they'll be locked into their roster. They'll have to use the small MLE on wings to replace him and Iggy. Then they'll probably try and undercut Green who will shout out that he is healthy and playing and he deserves the coin. The best thing for the Warriors is if Durant just opts in. They let Cousins go. Sign cheap centers and use the small MLE on a wing. Heck, they'll have to make a decision on Looney as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any other coach would have got crucified. Kerr is media's little whoc always has the right talking points and vanilla takes that media loves so much.

golden showers and their stained team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Karma is a . While Durant’s injury is not something anybody wish for to anybody, it’s fitting it happened to a smug organization like Dubs. Way to level the playing field. Not to mentioned what has happened to Lakers. Everything backfiring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everything backfiring? They still 2 wins away from a 3peat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does what happened to Durant change the style of basketball back to low 100’s? Or is it forever altered? I mean in the finals we see Dubs really having a harder time scoring. I get that it’s the Finals and playing more defense. But next year with Durant gone. Dubs most likely extend his max contract or be seen as total bags. Boogie is most likely gone. Iggy has been injured. Livingstone slowed down. No salary cap to sign anybody significant. I doubt they find discounted ringchasers without Durant playing. Scoring should go down. The league does not need to play catchup and less shooting 3’s, or would they? Would mid-range Demar/LA not as outdated then? Just throwing out there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kawhi's injury is chronic, he'll never play a full NBA season schedule with the playoffs looming, but he can play with it. Seems like the Spurs pretty much knew this and encouraged him to play. But it's been twisted to make us look bad. Durant situation is not looking good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop was trying to shut him down for the season and then I remember Leonard's people going to ESPN and saying he'd be back in a couple of weeks. It was right before a nationally televised game against Golden State.
    You’re telling nothing but the truth but the media is trying to push it like the person you responded to. These media outlets and personalities can be so phony with their revisionist history.

tangina ka, though FireMicoHalili's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird things about the Bob Myers presser:

1. Just sniffling, no actual tears;
    2. Reading from notes, which he kept glancing at for a good part of the presser;
    3. Focus on the narrative on Durant's haters i.e. 'Durant never wanted to be back' instead of addressing the issue whether they rushed him to play;
    4. Taking the blame for his injury = reverse psychology
    5. Actually having a presser for it to muddle the issues. Effectively glosses over the fact he and his brass were liable AND the fact they just ruined his free agency.

We'll see if they really are grateful for Durant showing up in Game 5. They can carry dead money from his player option onto next season OR give him a long contract for a discount just to be stuck with a star who's going to be a s of what he once was. Anything less than that means they clearly acted on self-interest. They can't have it both ways saying Durant is honorable for sacrificing his Achilles and his career but expect a discount after KD sacrificed his career.

Funny how they're seeing it as a 'classy move', Myers wasn't even crying and was reading notes off a piece of paper lol that is a man filled with guilt to the brim because of a poor decision and is probably ruing a team stuck with dead money next season
    Last edited by FireMicoHalili; 06-12-2019 at 09:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lastest spin by Max Kellerman on "First Take" regarding the Kawhi and KD injuries seems to be this:

The Spurs are solely to blame regarding the Kawhi situation.

On the other hand, KD (vs. the Warriors) is solely to blame regarding his situation.

This, despite the fact that KD has a recognized, definable injury that will need surgery and Kawhi doesn't.

The reasoning is that Kawhi was his own man and did not succunmb to the irrational pressure placed upon him by the Spurs to play ("trotting out" TP to trash him, etc.)

KD, on the other hand, must be blamed because he was weak in the face of team pressure and decided to try to play.

In other words, KD had a real injury that his team pressured him to play with and he actually got injured, therefore, KD handled it badly (not the Warriors who pressured him to play) -- so it's his own fault.

Kawhi, on the other hand, had an injury that no MRI (or other imaging) could find, and he did not play (or become further injured), therefore (hang on now) the Spurs handled his "injury" situation badly and it's the Spurs' fault.

Go figure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why would you even listen to a mediocre boxing announcers NBA opinions?

The guy always speaks like he has just watched his first NBA game a few minute before

Screaming A got loves him because he's easy pickings to debate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The lastest spin by Max Kellerman on "First Take" regarding the Kawhi and KD injuries seems to be this:

On the other hand, KD (vs. the Warriors) is solely to blame regarding his situation.

This, despite the fact that KD has a recognized, definable injury that will need surgery and Kawhi doesn't.

The reasoning is that Kawhi was his own man and did not succunmb to the irrational pressure placed upon him by the Spurs to play ("trotting out" TP to trash him, etc.)

KD, on the other hand, must be blamed because he was weak in the face of team pressure and decided to try to play.

In other words, KD had a real injury that his team pressured him to play with and he actually got injured, therefore, KD handled it badly (not the Warriors who pressured him to play) -- so it's his own fault.

Kawhi, on the other hand, had an injury that no MRI (or other imaging) could find, and he did not play (or become further injured), therefore (hang on now) the Spurs handled his "injury" situation badly and it's the Spurs' fault.

Go figure.
    agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Karma is a .

You ruin the league, you get got.
    Tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Go figure.
    the only perception that matters is what the players around the league think of the spurs organization. hacks like kellerman are completely irrelevant.

Thread Information