Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no

I'm saying straight out you're an idiot.
    Blake Zero lashing out after getting shat on. Par.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake Zero lashing out after getting shat on. Par.
    That wasn't my implication, genius.

Try again.

You can do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They both are threats to the war machine. But yea, "nothing like Ron Paul".

TheGreatYacht
    Ron just had many more problems, that’s why he was unelectable. IE: he has no idea what to do about healthcare in this country.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ron just had many more problems, that’s why he was unelectable. IE: he has no idea what to do about healthcare in this country.
    What a surprise that you claim this because he didn't support your disastrous Obamacare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a surprise that you claim this because he didn't support your disastrous Obamacare.
    I didn’t like Obamacare when it passed or now. I preferred single-payor (still do). Feel free to dig up my posts from the time, I’m sure they’re still around.

Unfortunately, Ron Paul had no plan at all, other than ‘let’s get government out of everything’, which is incredibly shortsighted. That’s why libertarian candidates were always a waste of time.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t like Obamacare when it passed or now. I preferred single-payor (still do). Feel free to dig up my posts from the time, I’m sure they’re still around.

Unfortunately, Ron Paul had no plan at all, other than ‘let’s get government out of everything’, which is incredibly shortsighted. That’s why libertarian candidates were always a waste of time.
    This is Ron Paul sh*tting all over you, tbh.

TheGreatYacht

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TheGreatYacht
    Lol. The churches will take care of him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TheGreatYacht
    that bottom video is exactly what I’m talking about. No plan whatsoever for the reality that a lot of people can’t have or afford healthcare. If he dies, he dies is not a plan

That’s exactly why he’s been always unelectable.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, there's a reason derp never tries to back up his claims.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that bottom video is exactly what I’m talking about. No plan whatsoever for the reality that a lot of people can’t have or afford healthcare. If he dies, he dies is not a plan

That’s exactly why he’s been always unelectable.
    He said these church run hospitals don't turn people away. They'd have a massive medical bill, but they'd not be denied service. I don't think he was saying a church itself would bring him in and try to treat him. We all know Joel Olsteen locked his doors in Houston

Still, never a fan of the guy because he never had a chance to do anything to act as a spoiler. In a basic 2 party system, these folks aren't so blind they think they can win an election as a 3rd party, but they'll damn sure play the role of spoiler or build their base. Only dude I know who introduced a bill then voted against it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He said these church run hospitals don't turn people away. They'd have a massive medical bill, but they'd not be denied service. I don't think he was saying a church itself would bring him in and try to treat him. We all know Joel Olsteen locked his doors in Houston

Still, never a fan of the guy because he never had a chance to do anything to act as a spoiler. In a basic 2 party system, these folks aren't so blind they think they can win an election as a 3rd party, but they'll damn sure play the role of spoiler or build their base. Only dude I know who introduced a bill then voted against it.
    His argument boils down to government should not care for anybody, no exceptions. It’s basically the an hesis of Bernie. The real world is much more complicated than that, and, again, that’s not a plan of any kind. My problems with guys like him or Bernie is that their propositions might sound valuable in a vacuum, but cannot exist in the real world. Not even the most fervent anti-government conservatives want any candidate to touch their Medicare or SS.

I commend him for sticking to his (unrealistic) principles, but discussions about him as a candidate are largely a waste of time. You can probably say the same thing for a good number of Bernie proposals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His argument boils down to government should not care for anybody, no exceptions. It’s basically the an hesis of Bernie. The real world is much more complicated than that, and, again, that’s not a plan of any kind. My problems with guys like him or Bernie is that their propositions might sound valuable in a vacuum, but cannot exist in the real world. Not even the most fervent anti-government conservatives want any candidate to touch their Medicare or SS.

I commend him for sticking to his (unrealistic) principles, but discussions about him as a candidate are largely a waste of time. You can probably say the same thing for a good number of Bernie proposals.
    Politics is full of ideologues with unrealistic goals. They aren't stupid. They are pandering to a group of people, like Trump did, to get elected or at least get campaign funding. I believe Ron Paul feels the way he claims to feel about it, but he know's it's not realistic because he was in medicine long enough to know it, and in congress long enough to damn sure know it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Politics is full of ideologues with unrealistic goals. They aren't stupid. They are pandering to a group of people, like Trump did, to get elected or at least get campaign funding. I believe Ron Paul feels the way he claims to feel about it, but he know's it's not realistic because he was in medicine long enough to know it, and in congress long enough to damn sure know it.
    WTF you talking about? He's calling out insurance bureaucracy for ing up the costs and quality. He's not wrong.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His argument boils down to government should not care for anybody, no exceptions.
    Free market care makes care affordable. That is "caring". The people that "care" are the ones driving up the prices. You don't like it because you're an ideologue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t disagree, but why not be pragmatic about it? The reality is that in order to change things you first need to get to power. His son Rand is much less idealistic, but clearly more pragmatic. But he also clearly doesn’t have the fringe cult following his dad had (btw, as rabid as Bernie bros).

IMO, shooting yourself in the foot to stand for principle is really a bad way to do politics.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WTF you talking about? He's calling out insurance bureaucracy for ing up the costs and quality. He's not wrong.
    Do you even have a brain? For sure you like giving brain, but do you have one? Use it.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think you're a little more principled and less tribalist than DMC so I believe in your honest support of Tulsi Gabbard. I like her too.
    Hah...

You use that term with this sperticule pervert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free market care makes care affordable. That is "caring". The people that "care" are the ones driving up the prices. You don't like it because you're an ideologue.
    Except the bastion of free market healthcare spends more in healthcare than the different forms of ‘socialized’ healthcare throughout the world, for just about the same outcomes. So your claim is factually incorrect, and it has zero to do with ideology.

Healthcare in this country is an absolutely political hot topic because it’s been leaving people behind for years. Again, pure facts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t disagree, but why not be pragmatic about it? The reality is that in order to change things you first need to get to power. His son Rand is much less idealistic, but clearly more pragmatic. But he also clearly doesn’t have the fringe cult following his dad had (btw, as rabid as Bernie bros).

IMO, shooting yourself in the foot to stand for principle is really a bad way to do politics.
    If Ron is pragmatic, he loses his shtick. There are plenty pragmatic people who cannot get elected because they don't promise enough impossible . He's not doing to stand for principle. He's doing because his supporters are by and large uniformed and unrealistic.

Example about Ron Paul:

Thinks the federal government should sell all federal lands

Is against imminent domain

Result - No further infrastructure can ever exist since all land is 100% privately owned and people refuse to sell.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

TheGreatYacht
    I don't agree w his economic policies. They are terrible. Disastrous. But I love his foreign policy. I would vote for him over any establishment Democrat or Republican who is not a to the Jewish lobbies.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except the bastion of free market healthcare spends more in healthcare than the different forms of ‘socialized’ healthcare throughout the world, for just about the same outcomes. So your claim is factually incorrect, and it has zero to do with ideology.

Healthcare in this country is an absolutely political hot topic because it’s been leaving people behind for years. Again, pure facts.
    I never claimed we have a free market system; you need to check your comprehension. And yea, our 'form of socialized healthcare' has f'd up a lot of stuff as you admit.

Healthcare is a hot topic because politicians are milking people in the name of healthcare. You think the people exploiting it are the ones who are going to fix it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Ron is pragmatic, he loses his shtick. There are plenty pragmatic people who cannot get elected because they don't promise enough impossible . He's not doing to stand for principle. He's doing because his supporters are by and large uniformed and unrealistic.

Example about Ron Paul:

Thinks the federal government should sell all federal lands

Is against imminent domain

Result - No further infrastructure can ever exist since all land is 100% privately owned and people refuse to sell.
    I think you mean eminent domain, but I get what you're saying. Plus, truth be told, it's easy to promise free . I'm a realist, not an ideologue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never claimed we have a free market system; you need to check your comprehension. And yea, our 'form of socialized healthcare' has f'd up a lot of stuff as you admit.

Healthcare is a hot topic because politicians are milking people in the name of healthcare. You think the people exploiting it are the ones who are going to fix it.
    What we have is the closest thing anybody will see to a free market. I've gone through this before, profit motive and general welfare sometimes don't go hand in hand. Happens also with the military.

Healthcare is a hot topic because almost half of the personal bankruptcies declared in this country are tied to healthcare. Because you or I have a cozy insurance doesn't mean everybody does (I didn't until relatively recently). People are really struggling with this stuff, and on top of that we have an insurance system that drops the most expensive patients straight to the government, while the government limits itself containing costs. Ron Paul wasn't against insurance companies (he even mentions getting a policy for care), he's against safety nets. Completely unrealistic babbling that ignores reality in this country.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What we have is the closest thing anybody will see to a free market.
    But not close at all.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ElNono: We have socialize healthcare
    ElNono: What we have is like free market healthcare

Amateur Hour

Thread Information