My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    No search function and I don't care to look back, but LOL at all the morons here who hoped Lollapalooza would be a super spreader killing vaccinated libs.

This is the way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No search function and I don't care to look back, but LOL at all the morons here who hoped Lollapalooza would be a super spreader killing vaccinated libs.

This is the way.
    will Sturgis be the same?

"Last year’s rally was linked to 649 cases in 29 states. "

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2047006

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My bartender Jesus said, " that , I ain't helping her ass when she gets sick! Cheap ass tipper."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jesus will be having her over for dinner in heaven soon.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm not sure we ever see a stay at home order ever again here in Texas
    We probably don't need one. But we do need vaccine mandates for certain events and venues, and businesses should be free to set their own requirements without threat from big government Texas Republicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks your daddy said to take the vaccine right now!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure we ever see a stay at home order ever again here in Texas
    I know its damn hot in Texas and add humidity to that in SA.
    But getting outside, going to the bike trails, hiking, walking, is an absolutely essential.
    I am concerned with people who are healthy and vibrant sitting down on all day because... why?

Personally I run, swim, bike, kayak, fish... OUTSIDE. No colds, nothing since this stuff all started. I love seeing families on the bike trails and hiking together. Get your water frozen, take some snacks, sunblock, get outside and exercise. Morning and evenings if thats all you can get in. Supposedly they have some giant pickle ball complex for people to old to play tennis and not rich enough to play golf. Get out!

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ducks your daddy said to take the vaccine right now!

Holy he actually said one of the most important things.
    "You have to get your kids back to school". So in SA that means, put a fkn mask on your kids and get your kids to school and your ass to work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ain’t this ed up.

Parents get coached on how to escape mask and vaccine rules.

ALSEA, Ore. (AP) — An Oregon school superintendent is telling parents they can get their children out of wearing masks by citing federal disability law. A pastor at a California megachurch is offering religious exemptions for anyone morally conflicted over vaccine requirements.

And Louisiana’s attorney general has posted sample letters on his office’s Facebook page for those seeking to get around the governor’s mask rules.

Across the U.S., religious figures, doctors, public officials and other community leaders are trying to help people cir vent COVID-19 precautions.

While proponents of these workarounds say they are looking out for children’s health and parents’ rights, others say such stratagems are dishonest and irresponsible and could undermine efforts to beat back the highly contagious delta variant.

https://wtop.com/coronavirus/2021/08...vaccine-rules/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    teach em to abuse the law and commit disability fraud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully they're also having their victims sign releases of liability in case of death. Otherwise that's going to sort itself out pretty quickly, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    teach em to abuse the law and commit disability fraud.
    "The law"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-vaxxer causes mass-infection in special needs kindergarten

An anti-vaxxer got infected with COVID-19 and

sent her twins to their special needs kindergarten,

sparking a mass-infection.

https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/an...rgarten-677383

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did they check to see if the company hadn't moved out twenty years ago this time?

antivax s
    your people

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Only fully approved for 16 year and older

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Great news
    Uncle Joe coming through

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Holy he actually said one of the most important things.
    "You have to get your kids back to school". So in SA that means, put a fkn mask on your kids and get your kids to school and your ass to work.
    "At the end of May, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention published a notable, yet mostly ignored, large-scale study of COVID transmission in American schools. (https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7021e1.htm?) A few major news outlets covered its release by briefly reiterating the study’s summary: that masking then-unvaccinated teachers and improving ventilation with more fresh air were associated with a lower incidence of the virus in schools. Those are common-sense measures, and the fact that they seem to work is reassuring but not surprising. Other findings of equal importance in the study, however, were absent from the summary and not widely reported. These findings cast doubt on the impact of many of the most common mitigation measures in American schools. Distancing, hybrid models, classroom barriers, HEPA filters, and, most notably, requiring student masking were each found to not have a statistically significant benefit. In other words, these measures could not be said to be effective."

"The study published by the CDC was both ambitious and groundbreaking. It covered more than 90,000 elementary-school students in 169 Georgia schools from November 16 to December 11 and was, according to the CDC, the first of its kind to compare COVID-19 incidence in schools with certain mitigation measures in place to other schools without those measures. Scientists I spoke with believe that the decision not to include the null effects of a student masking requirement (and distancing, hybrid models, etc.) in the summary amounted to “file drawering” these findings, a term researchers use for the practice of burying studies that don’t produce statistically significant results. “That a masking requirement of students failed to show independent benefit is a finding of consequence and great interest,” says Vinay Prasad, an associate professor in University of California, San Francisco’s Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics. “It should have been included in the summary.” “The summary gives the impression that only masking of staff was studied,” says Tracy Hoeg, an epidemiologist and the senior author of a separate CDC study on COVID-19 transmission in schools, “when in reality there was this additional important detection about a student-masking requirement not having a statistical impact.”

"“A year ago, I said, ‘Masks are not the end of the world; why not just wear a mask?’” Elissa Schechter-Perkins, the director of Emergency Medicine Infectious Disease Management at Boston Medical Center, told me. “But the world has changed, there are real downsides to masking children for this long, with no known end date, and without any clear upside.” She continued, “I’m not aware of any studies that show conclusively that kids wearing masks in schools has any effect on their own morbidity or mortality or on the hospitalization or death rate in the community around them.”

Schechter-Perkins is just one of a number of top experts calling for this type of discussion — and raising questions about the CDC’s recent recommendations and what has become accepted conventional knowledge. “We lack credible evidence for benefits of masking kids aged 2 to 5, despite what the American Academy of Pediatrics says,” Jeffrey Flier, former dean of Harvard Medical School, wrote recently. While there are models, and simulations on mannequins with masks, “mechanistic studies are incapable of anticipating and tallying the effects that emerge when real people are asked to do real things in the real world,” Vinay Prasad of UCSF wrote in a critique of the CDC’s child masking recommendation. “The CDC cannot ‘follow the science’ because there is no relevant science.”

This question of “relevant science” is what makes the Georgia study worth careful consideration. Over and over, studies and reports on children in schools with low transmission rates claim in their summaries that masking students helped keep transmission down. But looking at the underlying data in these studies, masks were always required or widely worn, and implemented in concert with a variety of other interventions, such as increased ventilation. Without a comparison group that didn’t require student masking, it’s difficult or impossible to isolate the effect of masks. (This is the error made by Duke University researchers who wrote a report about North Carolina schools, later summarized in a New York Times opinion piece.) I reviewed 17 different studies cited by the CDC in its K-12 guidance as evidence that masks on students are effective, and not one study looked at student mask use in isolation from other mitigation measures, or against a control. Some even demonstrated that no student masking correlated with low transmission.In a number of the studies cited by the agency there was universal masking combined with other measures, such as ventilation, so, as noted, there was no way to know whether a mask mandate contributed to mitigating case rates or not. One study cited was of child-care centers with limited secondary transmission, yet children were not required to wear masks. Another was of a hair salon. One study, in Switzerland, was of schools with low transmission rates where young children were not required to wear masks. Finally, one study was of an Israeli school outbreak where the students weren’t wearing masks. Except students all over that country were exempt from masks at the same time, yet this was the only noted outbreak. If anything, that could seem to suggest a lack of benefit of masking students. Moreover, the windows were closed and it was only grades 7-12.

Children are less likely to have severe disease from SARS-CoV-2, and when infected less likely to be symptomatic, which correlates with lower contagiousness. Those facts alone may account for part of the reason why the Georgia study found no clear benefit for a masking requirement for kids in schools. Though the CDC says that layered mitigation in schools is effective, without studying each of the layers individually, it cannot know which of those measures work, and to what degree, and which don’t. For example, several experts told me, it’s entirely possible that open windows or fresh-air ventilation accounts for nearly all the mitigation benefit in a classroom and other “layered” interventions may contribute only a marginal benefit or none at all."

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...uncertain.html

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Only fully approved for 16 year and older
    its to force them employee mandates, and the also data on 12-16 is still too recent

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its to force them employee mandates, and the also data on 12-16 is still too recent
    True. I believe FDA asked pfizer for 6 months of safety data. Which means 12-16 should be fully approved by December

This means 0-12 full approval will probably wont happen till at least next summer. And for that FDA should ask for 12 months safety which means maybe 1 more year or more

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    our dumb government! Suck a Biden and jam that syringe up your ass!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information