Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the last time I saw timvp posted, besides the grades, was after this deal. The Holts just went for some cash instead of making deals to make the team more compe ive. Although I thought Dieng’s signing was a very good one

Oh please. Anybody who thinks there was ownership involvement in a deal for Cady Lalanne is so feeble minded he should have court supervision of his personal affairs for his own good. Don’t be a moron.

It was Pop and Kerr doing each other a small favor. The Warriors got a little cap relief and the Spurs got a little cash. That’s all there was to it.

But yeah, be sure to slander the Spurs ownership every chance you get, to prove what a loyal fan you are.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the last time I saw timvp posted, besides the grades, was after this deal. The Holts just went for some cash instead of making deals to make the team more compe ive. Although I thought Dieng’s signing was a very good one
    So when they signed Dieng and cut Chris it cost them money. You act like getting “some cash” is a bad thing and what evidence do you have that there was something available that the Chris move precluded? The offered for Aldridge wasn’t as valuable as the money Aldridge left on the table. There’s lots of things to complain about with PATFO, but this ain’t one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never want to turn down free cash, which is what GS was offering them. It would have cost GS about 3X as much to cut him as it cost us, because we’re not tax payers. That’s why the cash was included. It also doesn’t hurt to have done another team a favor. If we do some sort of deal with GS this summer, maybe it all rotates back to this “nothing” trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You never want to turn down free cash, which is what GS was offering them. It would have cost GS about 3X as much to cut him as it cost us, because we’re not tax payers. That’s why the cash was included. It also doesn’t hurt to have done another team a favor. If we do some sort of deal with GS this summer, maybe it all rotates back to this “nothing” trade.
    The "goodwill" aspect of this trade was the primary benefit of it, I believe. Right now, the Spurs only real trade partner is whatever team Coach Bud is on. The Spurs probably need to do a few of these types of otherwise meaningless deals just to try to get some traction for future transactions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

RealGM
    realGM
    2m
    Marquesse Chriss, Blazers Agree To Non-Guaranteed Contract basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264011…

Thread Information