Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9/27/2021 - Media Day for the Spurs. Live stream link below which is scheduled to start at 10:00am CST.

Tomorrow 9/28 is first day of training camp. Fresh thread to talk camp and hopefully only camp.

https://www.nba.com/news/2021-media-...tream-schedule

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thank you for the link!

can't believe its starting tomorrow already

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fvck!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka getting bigger.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adding some muscle too. Interesting they say SOB weighs more than Jak

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Adding some muscle too. Interesting they say SOB weighs more than Jak
    How is Devin losing more weight instead of bulking up?

Keldon seems to be slimming down, to get more agile at the SF position?

Everybody else seems to be bulking up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is Devin losing more weight instead of bulking up?

Keldon seems to be slimming down, to get more agile at the SF position?

Everybody else seems to be bulking up
    Jakob shrank an inch…

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob shrank an inch…
    One inch is just about a rounding error imo. Most people shrink around 1/4 of an inch from when they wake up to when they go to bed, and that could be more for someone as tall as Poeltl. Enough to perhaps go from 7' 0.6" (rounds up to 7' 1") if measured in the morning to 7' 0.3" (rounds down to 7' 0") if measured in the afternoon or evening.

Just a possibility. For the younger players it could be actual growth or a similar effect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo listed 6’6” still. Wtf?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    such bull . It would be a lightening strike if Primo grows over this year. Those other guys didn't randomly gain inches in their mid 20s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    such bull . It would be a lightening strike if Primo grows over this year. Those other guys didn't randomly gain inches in their mid 20s
    Who are they bull ting and why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who are they bull ting and why?
    They're likely reporting shoed measurements this year against shoeless last year. The NBA supposedly cracked down on teams reporting untrue heights, but this would fly in the face of that. Guys very rarely grow after 17. You could sell me on one of Johnson, Samanic, Vassell or Jones growing. Maybe on two growing if we're talking about a half-inch. But unless the Spurs are specifically drafting for open growth plates AND know some voodoo to stimulate growth, it seems way more likely to be training-camp propaganda ala Keldon supposedly growing last off-season. The odds just don't check out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excited for the Spurs this season. The development and growth should be interesting in itself and there are so many new faces that it's going to be entertaining seeing how the season goes. I think there a chance they are better than expected but even if they aren't, they will still be interesting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Strictly about training camp though, the roster needs to be trimmed still so that's an added intrigue.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that Pop said Dejounte, Derrick, Devin, Lonnie, and Keldon are guys who are "going to play" and that everyone else is plug in during the situations needed. Would have thought Luka would be on that list

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting that Pop said Dejounte, Derrick, Devin, Lonnie, and Keldon are guys who are "going to play" and that everyone else is plug in during the situations needed. Would have thought Luka would be on that list

Even more specifically the three main guys will be Murray, White, & Johnson. Almost every interview had someone say those three names together.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even more specifically the three main guys will be Murray, White, & Johnson. Almost every interview had someone say those three names together.
    Poeltl must be besides himself not being mentioned . I think he has the longest years in the NBA among the young core

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're likely reporting shoed measurements this year against shoeless last year. The NBA supposedly cracked down on teams reporting untrue heights, but this would fly in the face of that. Guys very rarely grow after 17. You could sell me on one of Johnson, Samanic, Vassell or Jones growing. Maybe on two growing if we're talking about a half-inch. But unless the Spurs are specifically drafting for open growth plates AND know some voodoo to stimulate growth, it seems way more likely to be training-camp propaganda ala Keldon supposedly growing last off-season. The odds just don't check out.
    training camp propaganda? For whom

as far as the nba cracking down on it and this flying in the face of that… why go through the trouble

i get it. It’s unlikely. But I’m not seeing any legitimate reason why. All im reading is that it’s propaganda this, propaganda that. Spurs backdooring the NBAs rules. Doesnt make sense.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    ace3g why u let op steal ur entire thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Dumbass is finally going to stay out of the way.
    If there is any honesty to what he is proclaiming this is what non sniffers have been waiting for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    training camp propaganda? For whom

as far as the nba cracking down on it and this flying in the face of that… why go through the trouble

i get it. It’s unlikely. But I’m not seeing any legitimate reason why. All im reading is that it’s propaganda this, propaganda that. Spurs backdooring the NBAs rules. Doesnt make sense.
    When you say, "It's unlikely, but" I feel like you're misunderstand HOW unlikely it is. It would be like saying, "I know there's no evidence of aliens visiting Earth, but". It's like, but nothing. Or, but any other explanation is more likely. In this case, the real explanation is that the Spurs have ALWAYS listed Murray at 6-5 (using him because there are years of TC rosters to look at). That includes last year. https://www.nba.com/spurs/spurs-anno...ng-camp-roster. They listed Johnson at 6-6 on there too. Heck, basically everyone but Walker seems to be listed at the same heights as last year. The tweet is using their real heights compared to the puff-piece TC heights pretty dishonestly overall. I didn't start off thinking it was this bad of a tweet. Heck, I assumed the Spurs DID change their listings. But nope. Only Lonnie is listed as being taller -- wait, he isn't even listed at 6-6.

I just, that was a weird tweet man. I don't want to go back and edit this to make it seem like it's not just a stream of consciousness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m not misunderstanding how unlikely it is. Im primarily pointing to the odd assumption that the Spurs or TC (as if that’s a different en y) are puffing up heights to be dishonest for God knows whatever reason. Like, it’s more believable to say that whoever is measuring during TC isnt doing a good job than to say they have this hidden agenda that theyre trying to pull off.

Thread Information