Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I haven't been paying attention at all this training camp. How have Lonnie, Luka. and Devin looked? Any of the new guys stand out? Anyone know? I guess we'll see tonight.
    Hard to say. They all appear to be in good shape, and are saying the right things...."excited about the season, like the new group of young athletic guys, think they can surprise some people, etc."

The new "Big 3" definitely appears to be Murray/White/KJ. Walker still on the outside trying to work his way in. Vassell has made some comments that he is hoping to have a bigger role this season. Spurs still have two guys to cut from the roster and no one really knows who they will be.

Forbes is still on the team....fvck!

Otherwise, all we've seen is some training camp clips which only shows them doing cool stuff in scrimmage, so you can't really judge on that.

Like you said, tonight will be the first real glimpse.
    Last edited by Dex; 10-04-2021 at 11:25 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hard to say. They all appear to be in good shape, and are saying the right things...."excited about the season, like the new group of young athletic guys, think they can surprise some people, etc."

The new "Big 3" definitely appears to be Murray/White/KJ. Walker still on the outside trying to work his way in. Vassell has made some comments that he is hoping to have a bigger role this season. Spurs still have two guys to cut from the roster and no one really knows who they will be.

Otherwise, all we've seen is some training camp clips which only shows them doing cool stuff in scrimmage, so you can't really judge on that.

Cheers man, thanks. Tonight the fog will clear just a bit....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your wish is granted, my friend. Go Spurs Go!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I read a player really impressed especially with Devin’s improvement. He has a chip with Halliburton getting drafted immediately after him. I think we’ll see him really getting aggressive. He’s another player who can create and can really score in different ways. I think he’ll surprise a lot of people. Let’s go Devin!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read a player really impressed especially with Devin’s improvement. He has a chip with Halliburton getting drafted immediately after him. I think we’ll see him really getting aggressive. He’s another player who can create and can really score in different ways. I think he’ll surprise a lot of people. Let’s go Devin!
    Devin was playing very well last year when he simultaneously hit the rookie wall, and caught COVID19. My prediction is that Lonnie will not get an extension, will get an offer, and will move on next summer, and Devin moves up the totem pole. He was shooting 40% from long, and playing high level defense when the wheels fell off with COVID19. He’s another potential really good two way player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Quick off.

Sportsbay is down. New alternatives?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

To add others, have heard nothing whatsoever about Luka’s minutes, which isn’t surprising. He’s healthy at least which is great to see him get a shot, no excuses now.

Devin’s midrange shot is apparently money, and he’s looking for an increased role. His conditioning wasn’t good for summer league so it’s encouraging that he’s ready this time.

Primo has said he’ll do whatever coach says will help make him better including the Gleague, but as of now he’s still competing for minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    win or lose, it will be good to see the young guys get run so we can finally start picking the winners and losers. trial by fire.

well, except for the SG position when Forbes is going to waste minutes

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your wish is granted, my friend. Go Spurs Go!

sweet melissa... how you never get old...

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sweet melissa... how you never get old...

i have a feeling it's gonna be a good year... i'm thinking a season full of mostly ups, with a quick learning curve, great growth and a stunning first round win and then loss in the second. but we will all know it's heading in the right direction and we will know what we have and where we need to go from here.
    sorry thought this was an edit post..

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's 1:30 RigaTime!

And I always use nbabite.com:

https://scor.nbabite.com/game/san-an...live-stream-2/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did I read this was supposed to be on Ballys Sports later? it's not showing up on my TV

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad to see this game on the sched at sportssurge

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Did I read this was supposed to be on Ballys Sports later? it's not showing up on my TV
    scratched

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing lame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    win or lose, it will be good to see the young guys get run so we can finally start picking the winners and losers. trial by fire.

well, except for the SG position when Forbes is going to waste minutes
    I mean, as much as I loathe Forbes being on the team - I view the SG position as the opposite of "wasting time", TBH. It's the most "earnable" position of all, since you have to actively dislodge Forbes out of it, who's not only a champion () but also a "proven vet" in Pop's eyes.

So, any minutes Forbes end up soaking, especially towards the end of the season, is a failure in my eyes - not of Forbes, but of the rest of the guys competing for that spot. It's no longer secure (Pop confirmed, at least initially, that Forbes will come off the bench) - so, unless Pop starts going on his vet-loving-bull (a real possibility, I know), I'll see it as an absolute failure of Lonnie, Vassell, et al, to step up and assert themselves.

It's a sink or swim season - for everyone, IMO. No safe seats.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean, as much as I loathe Forbes being on the team - I view the SG position as the opposite of "wasting time", TBH. It's the most "earnable" position of all, since you have to actively dislodge Forbes out of it, who's not only a champion () but also a "proven vet" in Pop's eyes.

So, any minutes Forbes end up soaking, especially towards the end of the season, is a failure in my eyes - not of Forbes, but of the rest of the guys competing for that spot. It's no longer secure (Pop confirmed, at least initially, that Forbes will come off the bench) - so, unless Pop starts going on his vet-loving-bull (a real possibility, I know), I'll see it as an absolute failure of Lonnie, Vassell, et al, to step up and assert themselves.

It's a sink or swim season - for everyone, IMO. No safe seats.
    A good way to see and evaluate the roster. I agree with that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    game on league pass? can we actually watch this one?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's going to be on U-Verse. The pre-season games were last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tom Orsborn Tom_orsborn
    41m
    Per Pop, starters tonight are Murray, White, Johnson, McDermott and Poeltl.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

San Antonio Spurs
    spurs
    1h
    Spurs Fam in San Antonio and Austin Tonight's preseason game will be available to stream LIVE in the Spurs App if you're located in either region! : yi.nzc.am/33/b3oX3G

San Antonio Spurs
    spurs

WE BACK! @utahjazz 7:30pm CT @attcenter Spurs App @1200WOAI, @kxtn1350 AM & 107.5 FM HD 2

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information