Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clinton forced his sec to suck him as
    President ! And we celebrate Presidents’ Day !

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some nights teams will not shoot well. That shouldn’t impact one’s ability to rebound. A big problem is this is a poor rebounding team. Poor rebounding teams need to create turnovers and Pop’s teams aren’t known for that. The talk about our needs seems to be on shooting and defending, and we can’t forget that part of defense is rebounding. Our team needs to put their body on people and we did not do that tonight at all.
    Well Jakob didn’t play tonight and it showed,
    I am not in love with Drew, he competes on offense but defensively he’s not good. If there’s one thing I expect from the bigs is rim protection and rebounding. He’s most definitely only a bench big.

I am starting to figure out (bc Pop rarely plays him) that Luka is a poor rebounder, he doesn’t box out other bigs and lacks physicality. He’s on the verge of getting cut and this may be a good part of it.

Unfortunately Pop has doomed Vassell to play as a 4 when he’s tall but stringy and not used to that position.
    McD is a bad rebounder notoriously.

Only Murray and Jakob rebound better than expected. But good points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course not
    It is just the USA history
    We should never learn from it
    What a stupid Idiot !
    You would think pop would want USA to learn from the past. But no he wants people to make the same mistakes over again.
    What a ing idiot! Not learning from the past = idiot !
    Aren't the people you support trying to cancel history? Pretty ironic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude, we have a day that celebrates him. this isn't just about learning from history, lmao. do you have the first inkling of the crimes he committed?
    Please stop. They don’t celebrate him for his crimes. He did contribute to discovery of this part of the world. People are complex. Especially when they didn’t grow up in modern society. But that doesn’t mean we erase them from history. And really, how much do people even utter a word about him on Columbus Day? It’s about a holiday. Pop ing about that is an embarrassment. There are a lot more pressing things in our present. Where was Pop when Americans were being left behind in Afghanistan? Silent. He’s a hypocrite. Why is he not speaking out about the border crisis? No let’s pick on Columbus? So stupid. I mean, I know you think everyone that rips on Pop for his politics is just a Trumper. But I hate Trump. And I’m pissed that we have had to choose between Trump, Hillary, and Biden. But Pop was a good coach. It’s now passed him by and his politics are so one sided he’s the Trump of the Left.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 3 pick coming in… for several years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well Jakob didn’t play tonight and it showed,
    I am not in love with Drew, he competes on offense but defensively he’s not good. If there’s one thing I expect from the bigs is rim protection and rebounding. He’s most definitely only a bench big.

I am starting to figure out (bc Pop rarely plays him) that Luka is a poor rebounder, he doesn’t box out other bigs and lacks physicality. He’s on the verge of getting cut and this may be a good part of it.

Unfortunately Pop has doomed Vassell to play as a 4 when he’s tall but stringy and not used to that position.
    McD is a bad rebounder notoriously.

Only Murray and Jakob rebound better than expected. But good points.
    Pop is focused on 1492. We need someone living in 2021 to develop Vassel into a star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just watching the game ... mid second quarter and I can honestly say that is the most horrific Spurs basketball I have ever seen ...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some nights teams will not shoot well. That shouldn’t impact one’s ability to rebound. A big problem is this is a poor rebounding team. Poor rebounding teams need to create turnovers and Pop’s teams aren’t known for that. The talk about our needs seems to be on shooting and defending, and we can’t forget that part of defense is rebounding. Our team needs to put their body on people and we did not do that tonight at all.
    yah agree... current roster is devoid of an elite scorer, so everyone else has to put in 100% effort on defense and rebounds... no excuse that we are losing the rebounds battle when all the old vets have been shipped out and the ones on the floor are young guys who are supposed to be strong and athletic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yah agree... current roster is devoid of an elite scorer, so everyone else has to put in 100% effort on defense and rebounds... no excuse that we are losing the rebounds battle when all the old vets have been shipped out and the ones on the floor are young guys who are supposed to be strong and athletic.
    We play pretty small. Young and Luka are like our only true PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you know how many presidents commit crimes and they have a day that celebrates them !
    1. Columbus perpetrated crimes against humanity and lots of them
    2. Do you see me saying we should respect any president or politician? em all. part of the reason we are where we are is because politicians are corrupt s bags that get turned into cult heroes like your boy and MAGA nation.
    3. politicians should fear the electorate not piss on them.
    4. Columbus wasn't a politician. he was a horrible monster and doesn't deserve a day of honor. he deserves scorn. and that was pop's point which if you weren't such a political hack, you'd agree with him on at least that much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop is focused on 1492. We need someone living in 2021 to develop Vassel into a star.
    gfy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please stop. They don’t celebrate him for his crimes. He did contribute to discovery of this part of the world. People are complex. Especially when they didn’t grow up in modern society. But that doesn’t mean we erase them from history. And really, how much do people even utter a word about him on Columbus Day? It’s about a holiday. Pop ing about that is an embarrassment. There are a lot more pressing things in our present. Where was Pop when Americans were being left behind in Afghanistan? Silent. He’s a hypocrite. Why is he not speaking out about the border crisis? No let’s pick on Columbus? So stupid. I mean, I know you think everyone that rips on Pop for his politics is just a Trumper. But I hate Trump. And I’m pissed that we have had to choose between Trump, Hillary, and Biden. But Pop was a good coach. It’s now passed him by and his politics are so one sided he’s the Trump of the Left.
    there's so much here to respond to, so I'll pick al few

1. He didn't "discover"
    2. Rip pop all you want for which subjects he chooses to speak up about but he consistently speaks out for those that are voiceless or powerless.
    3. I'm not here to defend pop. I'm here to agree that pop speaking out on behalf of native ppls is a just and righteous stance. pop can be criticized and I have been on this forum since last year saying he should go. id just recommend criticizing him where deserved but speaking out on behalf of native ppl for this holiday honoring that abomination of a man is not one of them.
    4. You absolutely have no clue as to the depths and number of unspeakable crimes Columbus and his crew committed if you want to say ignorant like "they don't celebrate him for his crimes" because his crimes should be the first thing he's known for and undoubtedly ppl don't have the first clue like yourself
    Last edited by offset formation; 10-09-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there's so much here to respond to, so I'll pick al few

1. He didn't "discover"
    2. Rip pop all you want for which subjects he chooses to speak up about but he consistently speaks out for the party those that are voiceless or powerless.
    3. I'm not here to defend pop. I'm here to agree that pop speaking out on behalf of native ppls is a just and righteous stance. pop can be criticized and I have been on this forum last year saying he should go. just criticize him where deserved and speaking out on behalf of native ppl for honoring that abomination of a man is not one of them.
    4. You absolutely have no clue as to the depths and number of unspeakable crimes Columbus and his crew committed if you want to say ignorant like "they don't celebrate him for his crimes" because his crimes should be the first thing he's known for and undoubtedly ppl don't have the first clue like yourself
    wah. It happened in 1492. Get over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wah. It happened in 1492. Get over it.
    spoken with the brilliance and education of a MAGAt.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spoken with the brilliance and education of a MAGAt.
    Oh wah you called me a Magat. Keep living in ancient history and whining about stuff like this so modern normal people can laugh at you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paul Garcia
    pAulGarciaNBA
    17s
    Injury report for Sunday per Spurs: Collins - out Jones - out (ankle) Landale - out (concussion protocol) Bates-Diop - questionable (hamstring

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    full video on Columbus popovich brought up on this thread.

Lots of interesting comments and it's worth a full listen.
    Surprised this didn't make it around the national newswires and I had to hear about it first on ST. Probably a bit too controversial or contrived I'd wager.

If he’s speaking the truth then whats the problem… his assertion was very fair. I expected a lot worse from what were saying.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he’s speaking the truth then whats the problem… his assertion was very fair. I expected a lot worse from what were saying.
    What is he hoping to accomplish by shaming the San Antonio schools for something that happened in 1492 and is the subject of debate amongst historians anyway? Moreover, it's idiotic to compare what was deemed normal and acceptable in 1492 to 2021. People like Pop impose their 2021 mentality as if everything he believes is what everyone should believe. Really ignorant and not well thought out. That's why only whackos are talking about cancelling Columbus from history. There is a reason why he is in history. There were things that he accomplished and did that impacted history. Biden blew up an aid worker and some children with a drone to get revenge for the ISIS attack on American troops during the Afghanistan evacuation. In a 100 years he'll be known as a child murderer the way people are trying to interpret history. We talk about a divided country and how we need to come together more, how about we let go of grievances that happened in 1492 and focus on the problems that are before us in 2021? That seems to make more sense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What is he hoping to accomplish by shaming the San Antonio schools for something that happened in 1492 and is the subject of debate amongst historians anyway? Moreover, it's idiotic to compare what was deemed normal and acceptable in 1492 to 2021. People like Pop impose their 2021 mentality as if everything he believes is what everyone should believe. Really ignorant and not well thought out. That's why only whackos are talking about cancelling Columbus from history. There is a reason why he is in history. There were things that he accomplished and did that impacted history. Biden blew up an aid worker and some children with a drone to get revenge for the ISIS attack on American troops during the Afghanistan evacuation. In a 100 years he'll be known as a child murderer the way people are trying to interpret history. We talk about a divided country and how we need to come together more, how about we let go of grievances that happened in 1492 and focus on the problems that are before us in 2021? That seems to make more sense.
    But we are just remembering that he discovered America in 1492. It had already been discovered long before that... ain't much to idolize at least to me. For example Buddha, Ghandi, Jesus, Rumi, Confucious, Socrates, Plato, to name a few, etc etc, are remembered all the time for the Truth and Wisdom they shared; truly worth remembering. Actual stuff that makes a difference ya know, in the grand scheme of things Columbus day is pretty irrelevant but pop choosing to bring awareness to Indigenous populations of America and the natives is very relevant as they done worse then African Americans... No one hears there story. Everything was taken from them... They had bows and arrows against actual weapons of mass destruction as it were in those days... I think it is noble of him to speak on it cause he's probably the only one in the league who has the nuts to. Very courageous.

As far as you views of Pop, I don't think that is fair at all. Do you know him personally? Otherwise your view points are just opinion and opinions are pretty meaningless as it is based with no fact. That ain't my style to judge ppl without knowing them personally. I didn't notice anything about that. He was speaking his beliefs. That doesn't mean you have to believe it. He's using his platform just like you are using yours here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But we are just remembering that he discovered America in 1492. It had already been discovered long before that... ain't much to idolize at least to me. For example Buddha, Ghandi, Jesus, Rumi, Confucious, Socrates, Plato, to name a few, etc etc, are remembered all the time for the Truth and Wisdom they shared; truly worth remembering. Actual stuff that makes a difference ya know, in the grand scheme of things Columbus day is pretty irrelevant but pop choosing to bring awareness to Indigenous populations of America and the natives is very relevant as they done worse then African Americans... No one hears there story. Everything was taken from them... They had bows and arrows against actual weapons of mass destruction as it were in those days... I think it is noble of him to speak on it cause he's probably the only one in the league who has the nuts to. Very courageous.

As far as you views of Pop, I don't think that is fair at all. Do you know him personally? Otherwise your view points are just opinion and opinions are pretty meaningless as it is based with no fact. That ain't my style to judge ppl without knowing them personally. I didn't notice anything about that. He was speaking his beliefs. That doesn't mean you have to believe it. He's using his platform just like you are using yours here.
    I agree.
    Indigenous people need more attention.
    They get almost none.

And we need to learn from History, not just "move on" from it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree.
    Indigenous people need more attention.
    They get almost none.

And we need to learn from History, not just "move on" from it.
    I mean I was thinking when I was gonna watch it that Pop lost his mind and was off his rocker... and how to take the keys from grandpa but what I found was a very educated and fair assertion. Nothing personal about it, just speaking what he knows... politicians routinely are so much uglier... he could have been a lot more uglier but he spoke his mind free from emotions...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So we dont want to honor Columbus for putting people into slavery and killing people but we want to honor the Inidians who did the same thing. There were a few tribes that were known to be ruthless and like to wage war on other tribes as well as put people into slavery. Some of them were more peaceful but not all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That don’t fit the narrative

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    -Why does the year matter? It doesn't lessen the things that he did.
    -When is the cutoff for "letting go of grievances" out of curiosity?
    -Why is Columbus being celebrated in the first place? Questioning that is completely fair game.

Thread Information