Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that's certainly another thing they suck at.

yea,spending over 40 mil in cap space to "tank"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop's dream game for Vassell.

He probably heard the grumblings about how he should start Vassell, and now he has his excuse to put him in the Doghouse. Pop hates when people like somebody or want him to do something.

"Oh, everyone's looking forward to see if Murray and White can be good pairing? How about I keep them both at 24 minutes a game and never the two shall meet for nearly an entire season.

Lonnie looks fun? He just had great plays or a great game? Screw all of you, here's his DNP.

People chanting for Boban because he's a real nba player who can be used in proper situations and is fun to root for? How about I go on a rant to the media gas lighting everyone because I'd rather lose without him than win with him.

Everyone thinks the Spanish league MVP is going to have an impact? Screw all of you, it wouldn't be fair to the team. And in the future I'll lie my ass off about how he was hurt all year and that's why I didn't play him, not because of my own bad decisions."

And on and on.
    I keep saying this... We need to be careful about how vocal we are... Because if Pop gets winf of it, he will do the opposite... If we want something done, we need to ask for the inverse. We want him to play Primo? We need to be very vocal in saying Primo is and will never be part of a real NBA rotation... Remember that year everyone was saying Forbes needed to be benched? Not only was he getting tons of minutes, but Pop started him... LMFAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's see: Pop sends them to the G-League, they develop, then come out of the G-League the second year and come into the San Antonio Spurs so we can root for them and they can help us win games.

Phew, that wasn't so hard after all...
    and when has that worked? lol. He's won 4 playoff games in 4 years and missed the playoffs twice. Something isn't working.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL He moped when Drew didn't give him the rebound
    That's his norm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and when has that worked? lol. He's won 4 playoff games in 4 years and missed the playoffs twice. Something isn't working.
    You want a Spurs-specific list, or entire league list? Dejounte, White, Kyle are the three first that come to mind. All spent time in the GL and came out better players, have progressed, and most importantly, stuck into the league coming in as really late first round picks. I'd do a deeper list but the point is clear already, and it's even better if you look at the entire NBA, with players such as Gobert, Fred VanVleet, Christian Wood, etcetera.

Trying to relate the Spurs' success to the use of the G-League for player development, without taking into account any context regarding the calibre of players/talent the Spurs have been sending, is simply stupid. There is no correlation at all. If you consistently pick 29th picks, you're eventually gonna suck, whether you send those picks to the G-League, the Australian League, Euroleague, or stick them in the NBA right off the bat. Apples and oranges, tbh.

Thread Information