Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs don't trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto can want him all they want but they have nothing to trade for him other than Barnes, who they obviously wouldn't trade for Poetl.
    We all know the Spurs will trade him for pennies on the dollar to "do right by him".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A few months back I wrote about Siakam being a potential trade target. That was before he recovered and started playing well.

I hoped they'd make him available and go with OG-Barnes wing duo.

I'd still try with Jakob+Derrick+Lonnie and Chicago pick, can't hurt.

The time to trade Poeltl is now. The next season he'll be on an expiring deal and surely ask for 15 million a year, if not more. His FTs aren't improving and if this roster ever makes it to the playoffs, he'd be a liability. Not to mention everyone else on the roster desperately needs a shooting big. It's easier to trade Jakob than everyone else. His trade value will only go down from here.

My pipe dreams aside, PATFO will get bent over again if the trade happens.

This. I’d seriously consider packaging Poeltl now for a 1RP or to what will ultimately get Spurs closer to a tier 1 player. Poeltl’s value is his cheap contract but will ultimately ask for a raise as he himself said. I would play Landale and see what Zollins has left, and draft an athletic big. Sell high.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IF they can get a 1st spurs need to trade him ASAP. Poeltl puts a ceiling on how good this team can be...which isn't very good. It doesn't matter how good your defense is, and Poeltl's is vastly overrated because any big with a pulse out performs him, you are not winning consistently at an nba level if you playing a big with no offense game who can't make free throws for half the game.

I asked in another thread who would even want to trade for Poeltl and now we have an answer. Only team who already fleeced the spurs in another trade. Masai left his balls in Pop mouth on that one and now he has come to collect them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Chris boucher that bad? He blocks shots and can hit 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it for OG or a 1st rounder. Doubt that that's realistic though. Also if the Spurs trade Poeltl, they should definitely go after Myles Turner

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol why would the Raptor trade Og? You could say Og might be more important for them than a Center. He could help defend guys like Young, Harden, Kyrie, Kd, Derozan, Lavine..etc Something that m9ost C can't do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, trade our second best player for a first rounder. Brilliant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully start a bidding war with Charlotte They need a center even more than Toronto and they were interested in Poeltl in free agency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol why would the Raptor trade Og? You could say Og might be more important for them than a Center. He could help defend guys like Young, Harden, Kyrie, Kd, Derozan, Lavine..etc Something that m9ost C can't do.
    They already have Siakam, Scotty Barnes, and no center on their roster. That’s why. Toronto is the interested party here, not us. If it’s not OG, you say goodbye, and hang up the phone.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob has legit value. He was a lottery pick. You can’t trade him for anything less than what would be the equivalent of a lottery pick. I wouldn’t trade him for a bottom 14 pick. Why? He’s good and still young.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jakob has legit value. He was a lottery pick. You can’t trade him for anything less than what would be the equivalent of a lottery pick. I wouldn’t trade him for a bottom 14 pick. Why? He’s good and still young.
    Yeah. People here are pathologically stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if your SA you try to get OG even include walker if u need to tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They already have Siakam, Scotty Barnes, and no center on their roster. That’s why. Toronto is the interested party here, not us. If it’s not OG, you say goodbye, and hang up the phone.
    If I remember correctly, I think a lot of people wanted OG over Poeltl back when the Leonard trade happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You take a first and try very hard not to laugh at the Raptors misfortune...if they'd even agree to that deal before realizing they've been had. You take Boucher and a SRP too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Toronto is apparently not happy with Khem Birch after giving him $21 Million guaranteed. Those types of bad contract combined with meh picks formed much of the criticism of Ujuri leading up to the Leonard trade. That they won with Siakam developing into a star and VanVleet playing a legit role basically quieted most of the doubters. We'll have to see how they continue to build their roster. I wouldn't be surprised to see them have more Birch-like regrets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs keep losing at the current pace for a couple weeks f weeks, it's quite possible they become more likely to move players at the deadline. It's ironic because I think poeltl is playing his worst ball of the season right now. I am high on him, but I am not adverse to trading him for OG or a first. I want no part of Sialam.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His play of late has been indefensible and truthfully, the team goes nowhere if he’s your second best player on the team. (On the flip side of that, it’s not his fault he’s the second best. Someone else has to rise up) Definitely not opposed to seeing him go and wouldn’t mind it if it was for a first round pick. I wouldn’t take OG— don’t think there’s much upside there at all.

Trading Poeltl could be one of those moves that we’d regret. I could easily see him performing much better if he was part of a rotation that relies on him less on offense and defense.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course. Dumb to dump him for a crappy first, but if TOR really wants him you make a big demand. Siakam’s deal is a nonstarter, they’re not trading Barnes, so the only guy that makes sense is OG even if it means spurs have to expand the trade within reason.

Beside that just keep him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of ya'll are completely missing the point. Toronto is on an 11-2 run. They are not planning to trade any key players, period. They want to get JP to bolster the team because they believe their own hype and think they have a chance to make a run. I'm dying here laughing at those of you thinking they trade OG. Why in the world would they trade him while trying to make a championship run?! They aren't interested in JP's long term contract and impact with the future of the team, THEY ARE IN WIN NOW MODE. The only thing we get from this hypothetical deal is salary filler to keep them out of the luxury tax and draft picks. But this is ST, so even after I write this, enter 50 more post saying

"I'd only trade OG for him"

I would trade him for the draft picks easily, especially if we could get one in the future because their team isn't built to last. Then if we could flip Thad for another first we might be able to package the 3 future first (Bulls, Raptors, & Thad) to move up without losing one of our own. Primo looks good. Potentially a future all-star good (if you squint and put on your SA glasses)and being able to move up and get him a potential all-star running mate is worth almost anyone on the roster right now.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ the point the OG crowd is making is thst TOR can’t just expect to get our starting center, whose is one of the leagues better values, for garbage including the 20th pick in a future draft. So spurs should make a steep demand or tell TOR to off otherwise. That’s the argument.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's a bad argument though. I'm not sure Jakob would even start on Toronto. Poeltl's value is overstated by some stats. Rather than being a great value, I'd say he's relatively easy to 80/20

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Poeltl being offered? Why the sudden interest on Poeltl?

Again I’m not opposed to Poeltl being moved if he can fetch a 1RP or a package to get us closer to a tier 1 player, not necessarily named Simmon. Poeltl is in a cheap contract right now but would ultimately ask for an increase, and he is NOT what I see as Spurs’ starting C unplayable in close games and in the playoffs until he develops his FT.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m okay with trading Jak for a future first and no long term money. Continue to build draft capital while me muddle through this rebuild. Jak can be replaced pretty easy with how much cap we will have going forward.

I’d be looking to do a similar move with White.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why in the do you all want a first that'll probably end up in the low 20s for Poeltl? Spurs would have to get pretty lucky to replace his contribution with a pick in that range.

Thread Information