Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to San Antonio, Juancho!

Not sure how long you will be here. We can upgrade you from Octopus Sandwich to food trailer as your merits become visible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bar better be pretty damn high to guarantee his contract for next year. Might be able to get a first for his expiring if we are willing to take on a salary in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Today, I learned there are two Hermangomez in the NBA. I assumed it was the same guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The bar better be pretty damn high to guarantee his contract for next year. Might be able to get a first for his expiring if we are willing to take on a salary in return.
    Negative, ghost rider. Any multi year deals that teams want to move will still be there this summer, and you can sort out which is best. The ONLY thing you might do is to trade WHG for a more expensive player on an ending contract, plus a pick to enable a team to get under the tax this year. Otherwise you just waive him before 30 June.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Negative, ghost rider. Any multi year deals that teams want to move will still be there this summer, and you can sort out which is best. The ONLY thing you might do is to trade WHG for a more expensive player on an ending contract, plus a pick to enable a team to get under the tax this year. Otherwise you just waive him before 30 June.

You don’t even know which brother we received Ex.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless we are barred from trading him again before the deadline, a team looking for cap relief could trade a similar 2 yr contract for Juan (not Willy) and decline their team option on Juan (again not Willy) before June 30th. Free agency starts July 1st so we can’t sort that out in the offseason as you mentioned above.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would have done some version of

Juancho el sancho

but its all good!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don’t even know which brother we received Ex.
    Typed the wrong initials, but yes, I know it’s Juancho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless we are barred from trading him again before the deadline, a team looking for cap relief could trade a similar 2 yr contract for Juan (not Willy) and decline their team option on Juan (again not Willy) before June 30th. Free agency starts July 1st so we can’t sort that out in the offseason as you mentioned above.
    I don’t think I’d take on a multi year, right now, unless it was for a FRP. we can probably pull another SRP for taking a larger ending contract, and still have options this summer. I’d rather not tie up our cap for next year until we explore FA and any and all salary dump options.

PHO is in bad tax shape, so we can probably pull a FRP to take Saric’s deal, AND he will be healthy and a serviceable player next year, AND maybe we can flip him at next season’s deadline to a contender, or a team needing tax relief.

You’ve got to think ahead and not close off your future options unless the deal is really favorable to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think I’d take on a multi year, right now, unless it was for a FRP. we can probably pull another SRP for taking a larger ending contract, and still have options this summer. I’d rather not tie up our cap for next year until we explore FA and any and all salary dump options.

PHO is in bad tax shape, so we can probably pull a FRP to take Saric’s deal, AND he will be healthy and a serviceable player next year, AND maybe we can flip him at next season’s deadline to a contender, or a team needing tax relief.

You’ve got to think ahead and not close off your future options unless the deal is really favorable to you.
    From my vantage point FRPs don’t trade hands like they used to, are in high demand, and especially sparse supply with multiple teams leveraging their future FRPs on suspect bets. My suggestion clearly stated an FRP yet, you still attempted to rebut. We don’t need Saric’s serviceability to make an FRP make sense and that will still be there regardless. If you are in a position to land FRPs now take them. That is me thinking ahead. We just ate 24mm in salary and gave up an MVP candidate for a 2025 protected first; hardly thinking ahead. We have 30mm cap space this summer with very moveable contracts to clear more cap space as required. We have 0 free agent targets.

JHG can’t clear cap space for another team this off-season because, as you know, we have to guarantee him on June 30th
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-19-2022 at 08:07 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Typed the wrong initials, but yes, I know it’s Juancho.
    Convenient but it happens.
    Last edited by KingKev; 01-19-2022 at 08:08 PM.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dirty juanchez

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think he might surprise some of you with his athleticism. Not a bad shooter either. Family of basketball players so he's a natural. Hopefully he sticks around but it doesn't sound like he's going to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I actually think he might surprise some of you with his athleticism. Not a bad shooter either. Family of basketball players so he's a natural. Hopefully he sticks around but it doesn't sound like he's going to.
    Him sticking around means us guaranteeing 7.5mm next season. Not chump change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Zollins legs hold up, he’s gone. He’s a mobile big who can shoot though. Interesting
    Last edited by John B; 01-20-2022 at 03:18 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What date does his contract become guaranteed? I think he could be a useful piece but that price is sorta high

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What date does his contract become guaranteed? I think he could be a useful piece but that price is sorta high
    June 30th. Very high bar to have 7.5mm guaranteed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one of my top 5 favorite spurs of all time already, because we dumped Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tom Orsborn
    Tom_orsborn
    2h
    Newly acquired F Juancho Hernangomez isn’t on the injury report, signaling he’ll be available when the Spurs host the Nets on Friday night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Him sticking around means us guaranteeing 7.5mm next season. Not chump change.
    Right. I meant more so for the rest of the season. And then maybe we could always decline the option and talk about bringing him back? Not sure how all that would work.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s… here to stay? This guy has had more words spoken about him by Pop than he did for Marquese Chriss. From the getgo, Pop shut down any idea of Marquese playing for the Spurs. This is interesting…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don’t have a Spanish speaking, nor international, well besides Primo and Poeltl. So why not?

Is he available tonight?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s… here to stay? This guy has had more words spoken about him by Pop than he did for Marquese Chriss. From the getgo, Pop shut down any idea of Marquese playing for the Spurs. This is interesting…

I really think he got some talent, we'll see if he plays a little bit. He's still young, can shoot, got size... not saying he'll be part of the club in the future but he has a card to play.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see what the Spurs would lose by playing him some. If Pop likes what he sees, he might offer Juancho a medium sized contract, maybe 2/10?

Cutting him doesn't make much sense, and the team is thin at PF anyway. His stats at least look passable: half his shots are threes, he hits around 35% for his career, WS/48 is meh but not terrible. I haven't watched him so I don't know how his defense is.

Thread Information