Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins is on a 23 million dollar contract. That's actually ok and he's locked in for 5 years, 23 years old and fixes a major hole on the team. I say get him, but I wouldn't give up a Spurs first round pick. Maybe multiple 2nds including that high Detroit 2nd rounder. A package of White and Hernangomez (Not sure if the Spurs can trade him again, but I think they can) Detroit 2nd and a future 2nd would probably improve both teams.

A 3-team deal would also work:

Spurs get Collins and Osman
    Hawks get White and Young
    Cavs get Walker and Dieng or Lou Will

include some 2nds to sweeten the deal

bottom line is the Spurs should shop Young, Hernangomez, McDermott, Walker and they should see what they can get for White and Poeltl. If there's an upgrade available you go for it.
    It’s a sensible trade that balances out the roster nicely. But as other have mentioned, shouldn’t come at cost of jeopardizing draft position and might be best for off season

First Unit: DJ, Vassell, Doug, Collins, Jakob
    Second Unit: Primo, Cedi, Keldon, Juancho, Zollins

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It would be sick to have the Collins brothers on the same team.
    People here don't even know what they want. They were freaking out over Lauri Markkannen over the summer. The fact that Atlanta is wanting to get rid of him after signing him to a big contract should give everone pause. Plenty of news about him being a malcontent, too, as you say. People think they're playing a video game.
    Imagine how thrilled he’d be to go from an ECF team to the lottery.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    a lot of figureheads are proposing that Lakers package for Murray
    Lakrers had Lonzo Ball, Alex Caruso,D Russell, and Gary Payton and they gave up on them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this where everyone falls in love with John Collins beyond all reason? What a fickle bunch of schoolgirls y'all are. If it's not Ben Simmons, it's John Collins. It's adorable.
    All you do is . Like do you ever make a non miserable post? Imagine fans of a basement lottery team wanting to acquire players that are all star level. WOW, ing shocking! I'm not sure you'd trade for Jordan at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakrers had Lonzo Ball, Alex Caruso,D Russell, and Gary Payton and they gave up on them
    And Julius Randle, Brandon Ingraham, Jason Hart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte Murray - keep
    Devin Vassell - keep
    Joshua Primo - keep

Jakob Poeltl - tradable
    Keldon Johnson - tradable
    Derrick White - tradable
    Doug McDermott - tradable
    Thaddeus Young - tradable
    Lonnie Walker IV - tradable
    Keita Bates-Diop - tradable
    Tre Jones - tradable

Jock Landale - tradable/cut
    Drew Eubanks - tradable/cut
    Juancho Hernangómez - tradable/cut

Joe Wieskamp - wait and see

Zach Collins - wait and see/tradable/cut

Devontae Cacok - doesn't matter
    This is pretty close to my ranking right now. I would bump Landale up even if he has sucked the last couple of weeks. I still think he can be a valuable role player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Collins is on a reasonable contract and is a damn good 4 who currently plays with a defensive first center. He is a plus on both sides of the ball. He's a borderline allstar, and if all you have to give up is White, filler, and a future pick, then what the is there to think about honestly? The Spurs aren't going to trade next years pick, so its 100% something they should be looking to do. They could even trade the Chicago pick of Atlanta will take that.

Mad Beer Hops! Notorious H.O.P.'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He couldn’t guard a mannakin at this point. Think 6’10” Forbes.
    Curious. Is this an old Buck Harvey/Lloyd Daniels reference?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know most of us are homers but we can't reasonably think the Spurs could get John Collins without sending out firsts. Atlanta got a first for Cam Reddish who's barely an NBA player ffs, come on.

I like the news about multiple teams calling about Poeltl. There are teams that need centers and with Turner's injury Poeltl might be the best one on the market, or close to it anyway. He's a fine player but if they can get a good deal for him they absolutely should cash in. The best Toronto offer I can see would be Boucher, Precious and a top 10 protected 1st. I'd expect the Spurs would want more though. If they could get anything better than this package I'm all for trading him.

All the rumors suggest the Spurs are way more active than usual, which promises an interesting trade deadline.
    Last edited by BG_Spurs_Fan; 01-28-2022 at 12:38 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What would you think the Raptors would have to offer us for Pop to co-sign the trade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Julius Randle, Brandon Ingraham, Jason Hart.
    Jordan Clarkson

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Javaris Crittenton

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wouldn’t mind seeing White moved as part of a deal for Collins. Can play with the Bulls pick too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is our sixth man….keep him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collins would be out staring pf. Get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All you do is . Like do you ever make a non miserable post? Imagine fans of a basement lottery team wanting to acquire players that are all star level. WOW, ing shocking! I'm not sure you'd trade for Jordan at this point.
    Spurs fans don't want Jordan. Jordan is too selfish and not over himself. Spurs fans like flawed role players who love to bend over, like Trey Lyles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it’s hard to worry about a 6th man when you have multiple starters already who are better suited off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hahah he does alot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. I only tell you that you're morons when you're being morons. Try not to be morons so much, maybe? I know it may be hard. LMAO, truly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans don't want Jordan. Jordan is too selfish and not over himself. Spurs fans like flawed role players who love to bend over, like Trey Lyles
    Now John Collins is Michael Jordan. OMG this is hilarious. It's like an orgy of the mentally incapacitated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I also don’t like Collins. He makes a couple good plays then disappears and he already on a big contract. He’s whining about touches after signing a new contract. Not over himself yet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now John Collins is Michael Jordan. OMG this is hilarious. It's like an orgy of the mentally incapacitated.
    nobody said that. Learn how to read.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Bod's fundamental misunderstanding is he thinks folks don't covet players unless the Spurs are rumored to trade for them. That's why he can't distinguish between Markkanen, a player basically no one wanted but because of credible rumors people discussed, with Simmons or Collins -- players who have a long history of STers being interested in him. He seems to think the rumors are creating the fan interest rather than just bringing the interest into the conversation. He should pay more attention to random threads rather than the big ones.

I know for me, there are probably 20-30 players on other teams that I'd actively want the Spurs to pursue. Most of them aren't attainable for what the Spurs can responsibly offer. Some of them might be attainable in a future window that hasn't opened yet. So if those cir stances change and one of those players becomes available, my advocacy isn't coming from a new shiny bauble -- it's me cracking open the arguments I already had now that there's an appropriate reason to discuss. When the rumor involves a player who isn't in that 20-30, (like Mark or more recently Cedi), I'll discuss it without the advocacy.

Also, he seems to think that coveting a player is somehow falling for a scam, like we're all donating to a GoFundMe to pay the player's salary or whatever. Interest in potential player acquisitions is a fundamental part of a sports message board. We're not supposed to sit here and go, "Our team is awesome. I'm sure they'll improve... somehow. I mean, we shouldn't speculate, but I'm sure they'll make it better. Until then, we've just gotta support them 100 percent." I guess some posters are like that. But it's not the norm, thankfully.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    John Collins is on a reasonable contract and is a damn good 4 who currently plays with a defensive first center. He is a plus on both sides of the ball. He's a borderline allstar, and if all you have to give up is White, filler, and a future pick, then what the is there to think about honestly? The Spurs aren't going to trade next years pick, so its 100% something they should be looking to do. They could even trade the Chicago pick of Atlanta will take that.
    I feel like this entire forum goes into some kind of parallel universe during games.
    In every game thread we collectively on almost everyone. (deservedly so)
    But then you check the trade topics and everyone goes into full Morey mode.

We're a bottom 5 team in the league. Look at the standings.
    Pelicans and Blazers are missing their best players and have better records. And they're not any good.
    The only records worse than ours 4 teams that are blatantly tanking with g-leaguers and two teams trying to have a firesale.

Unless most people here think our young guys will suddenly make huge improvements and become all-stars, this roster isn't going anywhere.
    Not if we rely on 28 year old injury-prone Derrick White to magically become a consistent shooter over the summer.

Idk how closely people in here follow the rest of the league, but other than DJ and potentially Devin/Primo, our guys are nothing special. Ball don't lie, we don't deserve more than current 12th seed.

As I said yesterday, Collins is a perfect fit. He's not a star player, far from it, but he's exactly what this roster needs. Big, athletic forward who happens to be a better shooter than everyone on our roster. Except for McDermott, but that's all he does.
    Players fitting together well is what makes good teams, not their individual quality. And it's not like we have individual quality, either.

Collins would enable Keldon to match up against players of his own size, he'd space the floor better than Derrick and he'd be a huge rebounding presence. He can also play at C against small lineups.
    Obviously we'd lose our most stable pnr ballhandler, but there has to be a trade off.

And it's not like Collins is on some huge deal, he's making 8 million more than Derrick. It's not like we'll be in the running for some big signings in the offseason.

With that being said, I wouldn't give up that much for him because Hawks are obviously trying to trade him.
    Derrick+Lonnie(if they want him)+Thad+Chicago pick for Collins+salary filler. Maybe another second rounder or something. I wouldn't give them any of our own first rounders.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, the norm is that people should subscribe to calling people homers if you support the team in any capacity, and if not, then you’re being totally 100% reasonable. It’s only one or the other. If you have any hope whatsoever for any player on the current roster, you’re a homer. You can roll your eyes all you want, Chinook, but this voice of reason you’ve self appointed yourself as reeks of total arrogance. I’m not even supporting Mr Body as I think he’s too much at times. But I think it’s worse when someone is out here thinking he’s never wrong. Nobody actually goes and says this team is awesome but it’s such an easy thing to twist someone’s views to the extreme when you fundamentally don’t believe one thing they believe in.

such a weak thing to subscribe to.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 01-28-2022 at 09:16 AM.

Thread Information