Page 27 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m down for either Sabonis or Turner, hard to see how a deal would workout tho unless it’s strictly a picks package
    I wouldn't want either to be honest. What Sabonis gives you on offense, he takes away on defense. Spurs would be a play-in team with him, not more. Turner is better than Poeltl, but even if you give up Poeltl and get a first for him Indiana would still want a young player added to that pick, so I don't see how the Spurs would get better. John Collins is still the one player that I can see significantly improve the team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not that I particularly want either, but they could make it a three team trade with the Raptors.

Spurs: Turner
    Raptors: Poeltl, Young
    Pacers: Dragic, Bulls first, Raptors protected first
    Give me Sabonis instead, but yeah looks good otherwise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me Sabonis instead, but yeah looks good otherwise.
    I don’t want either but I see no reason to pursue Turner now when he will be a free agent in 2023 and we will likely have a ton of cap space. I’d rather have the future first and a cheaper player in Jak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a typical spurs trade rumor leading to the deadline where we inevitably just buy out Thad Young lol I’d be happy with Sabonis tho obviously Jakob would need to be moved

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://fanspo.com/nba/s/spurs/trade...o/spurs-pacers
    https://fanspo.com/nba/s/spurs/trade...-raptors-spurs
    Next season:
    Murray 16,5mln, Jones 1,8mln
    Vassell 4,4mln, Primo 4,1mln
    Keldon Johnson 3,9mln, McDermott 13,8mln
    J. Collins 23,5mln, Diop 1,9 mln
    Sabonis 19,8mln, Collins 7,4 mln, Landale 1,6 mln
    ok 100mln + free agent

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe it. Don’t think Spurs would be willing to give up what it would take to get either of them though tbh. Just PATFO doing their due diligence.

Massey is pretty much a hack that uses his small platform to troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next season:
    ok 100mln + free agent
    Pass. The above is a 40ish win team who will have no cap flex once DJ, Vassell, Keldon need to be extended.

This years FRP is near untouchable. We could probably replicate the production of a Sabonis or Collins for a 3rd the price if we land a top 5 pick this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next season:
    ok 100mln + free agent
    this team would be better with Poeltl instead of Sabonis

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy the turner interest one bit. Why would we give up assets for a lateral move from Poeltl that isn't' locked up long term?

Makes zero sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe they checked in on him. I don’t believe that it’s “significant “ interest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably why the spurs are taking calls on Jakob
    Neither on can protect the rim as well as Jak.

People make like this up all of the time. They want multiple FRPs and a young player for Sabo, and he’s already forcing his way out of a small market. Doesn’t seem like a prudent investment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massey is pretty much a hack that uses his small platform to troll.
    Nobody I’ve ever heard about, and yes I have a Twitter account and follow bball feeds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy the turner interest one bit. Why would we give up assets for a lateral move from Poeltl that isn't' locked up long term?

Makes zero sense.
    I don’t know the specifics. But can Turner be extended prior to a trade? Or get his intention of signing an extention?

I don’t think it’s a lateral move from Poeltl as Turner has better on-man defense, leads the league in blocks, has 34%(?) 3pt range, etc. And Poeltl will cost more after his contract for a limited player, granted I’m starting to like Poeltl. But an outside threat he would never be.
    Last edited by John B; 02-07-2022 at 12:06 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Jak is shipped out somewhere, then I would have an interest in the Indy 5s but otherwise, I still contend if we could do a significant upgrade at the 4 we are better off. If we were able to bring in Collins and hang onto our FRP I think this team makes a big jump. It doesn't have to be Collins but he is the one there is talk about. Whoever it is needs to be able to hit outside shots when playing with Jak. Way too early to know if Zollins is a mid-term success but should he stay healthy/pan out, the ability to situationally be able to play either Zollins or Jak is appealing to me.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massive defensive hole if you trade Jak for Sabonis and Turner really isn't better enough on offense to move Jak for him unless you get a sweetener.

How do you really improve if you trade for Sabonis? You're improving in one area to totally drop off in another.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not an injured White.
    With 5 more years vs Levert thru 23, to me it's a lateral move but frees up '23 on.

White gets injured again and Pop probably can only get Bryn Forbes or Patty Mills back in a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not an injured White.
    With 5 more years vs Levert thru 23, to me it's a lateral move but frees up '23 on.

White gets injured again and Pop probably can only get Bryn Forbes or Patty Mills back in a trade.
    First, yes, injuries included, White is way better than LeVert. More importantly, injuries being included means you have to look at Caris through that lens as well. Dude is made of glass and has been since college.

If the point of this trade is to dump White's contract (for no reason), then they certainly don't have to go the LeVert route. There are plenty of teams who'd take him for expirings and assets and not leave the Spurs stuck with Caris as a bonus.

This just keeps going back to the idea that the Spurs should trade away players when they're bad and keep them when they're good. The Spurs should be looking to trade White for a piece that fits with Murray. If he were a bad player, the Spurs should be better off just keeping him and trading him away once his contract gets to be an expiring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Massive defensive hole if you trade Jak for Sabonis and Turner really isn't better enough on offense to move Jak for him unless you get a sweetener.

How do you really improve if you trade for Sabonis? You're improving in one area to totally drop off in another.
    There are good defensive bigs in the NBA, and more will come during the draft. If you acquire Sabonis, the goal has to be to land a guy like Murray or Eason and hope he can come in and add interior defense right away. KBD would be even more important to the team after the trade, since he has the ability to switch onto centers while still being agile enough to defend perimeter players.

No matter what, the Spurs aren't one trade away from competing, let alone contending. No move they make should be thought of as the final move. That's why they can't go all-in on their offer. They'll need to save that for a player who can tie together Murray, their 22 first, a guy like Sabonis or Collins and whatever supporting players they can keep after all is said and done.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only does poetl not spread floor he costs us countless points n potentially close games not being able to make free throws

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs just rejected a Bulls offer for Poeltl including a 1st. They probably offered Derrick Jones

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Toronto has all its first-round picks looking ahead, which can be dangled as trade bait for a potential starting-caliber center. The Raptors have flirted with the idea of moving a first-round pick to re-acquire Poeltl, HoopsHype has learned. San Antonio is seeking a first-round pick and a quality player for Poeltl, according to Marc Stein. Poeltl, a top 10 center in the league, is averaging career-highs in points (13.3), rebounds (9.0), and assists (2.8) this season.

Indiana is seeking two first-round picks or a promising young player and a first-round pick in exchange for Turner, as I previously reported on HoopsHype
    Dude is finally getting the recognition he deserves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First,There are plenty of teams who'd take him for expirings and assets and not leave the Spurs stuck with Caris as a bonus.
    Some examples?

Whites 3 pt shooting is erratic and mostly bad.
    30% blows for a point guard / shooting guard.
    And the 30% us more like 1-6, 0-4, 5-7.

His feet do not look healed and this limits him on D.
    Overall fg% not much better.

This just keeps going back to the idea that the Spurs should trade away players when they're bad and keep them when they're good.

This would be a winning strategy.
    Gawd knows they should have done this in Spades the last 3 years vs the b.s. they did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I personally like most of the players that are on our Squade but Spurs are going to have to start making some strong and even risky moves going forward to be compe ive in the future. Even having to give up some players we love but that's the name of the biz.

Once they are competing on top again then they can stick to making small adjustments based on needs. However we all know that this FO doesn't change and will act like we have a team of the big 3 competing all of the time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anyway we could get Westbrick for an unprtotected 27 FRP from the Lakers. They are gonna suck very soon like the good old days of when my namesake killed them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sabonis is an empty stats player who can‘t even play next to a shot blocking 5 with a 3-Point shot. Our defense would look worse than when we start Drew Eubanks. He‘s unplayable next to Poeltl and having him at the 5 would not fix any issues this team has. Makes 0 sense

edit: Drew Eubanks actually averages more blocks than Sabonis while playing 20 minutes less
    Last edited by RC_Drunkford; 02-07-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Thread Information