Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1651
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Noah Magaro-George @N_Magaro
    5m Sitting in on a @basketbllnews trade deadline spaces and @MikeAScotto said “Lonnie Walker IV is definitely available”
    Does he still live in the apartments out at the Rim? Bc of so I will pack his bags for him and drive him to the airport.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Noah Magaro-George @N_Magaro
    5m Sitting in on a @basketbllnews trade deadline spaces and @MikeAScotto said “Lonnie Walker IV is definitely available”
    I'm a huge Lonnie fan. I was pleased with the path he took up to last year and the progression was there. He just couldn't take it up one more notch this year. I never expected all star level or super high production but I did expect somewhere in the are of 15ppg and instead of a higher 3pt % its lower than last season. He's just not a threat or a big concern from other teams defensively.

As a fan I'd like to see what he would do next season especially if we have a slightly better team but I'm not gonna be devastated if they move him. He's still a decent spark off the bench so its gotta be a decent deal. I'm not about giving this guy away for nothing or a 2nd.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm a huge Lonnie fan. I was pleased with the path he took up to last year and the progression was there. He just couldn't take it up one more notch this year. I never expected all star level or super high production but I did expect somewhere in the are of 15ppg and instead of a higher 3pt % its lower than last season. He's just not a threat or a big concern from other teams defensively.

As a fan I'd like to see what he would do next season especially if we have a slightly better team but I'm not gonna be devastated if they move him. He's still a decent spark off the bench so its gotta be a decent deal. I'm not about giving this guy away for nothing or a 2nd.
    Don't think Lonnie is signing a deal in SA next year. Rather we trade him or not I think this is his last season as a spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs saving that cap space for the Return of Bryn: part 3.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SAC looking much better with Sabonis.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs saving that cap space for the Return of Bryn: part 3.
    Then swap for more second rounds. Stocks!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. By the end of RRT we could be bottom 5 or worst

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he still live in the apartments out at the Rim? Bc of so I will pack his bags for him and drive him to the airport.
    He just bought a house in the same area like 2 months ago ironically

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They played the ty wolves so hard to tell, but hopefully they keep winning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sabonis is good. Like really good. He just sits under embid and Jokic. And probably on gobert level but slightly ahead of Towns. And his contract is nice.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, so why trade for him at all and opposed to waiting until the summer? As one of the teams with space, Spurs could offer him a 3 year deal starting at his current salary but make years 2, 3 only partially guaranteed ala Zollins. Kings probably don’t match.
    There are a few reason to trade for him now as opposed to waiting.

Since we would be paying him or young why not pay him. It would save us some money although I dont think that matters to much. It would give us an early look at him compared to the rest so if he works out gives a few months to convince him to be here as opposed to a trip or maybe just a short talk. Also if he does not work out here would only be a few months then he is gone as opposed to him being here for a year or having to be bought out and effecting the cap even longer. We get to see how his at ude is on the team as opposed to signing him and hooping it works out. In a way it becomes a 90 day trial period and if we dont like it we get rid of it as opposed to having him for 2-3 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as expected

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After he busts out, maybe, but you do not acquire his rookie contract. You wait until someone waives him or renounces his rights. He’s a scrap heap project, at the most.
    He is at the bust point now. If he does not do well the last couple months then we dont resign him. If he does ok we sign him for less. At the end of this contract nothing says we have we have to sign him to a big contract. As far as this year paying him is less then paying Young so it would not really be paying 2nd pick salary since it would be either paying him or young.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People being high on bagley in this thread was not something I expected. Imagine wanting to pay 15 million for a guy that is so bad AND wanting to give up assets for him. Mind blowing.
    I would not give up assets for him. I would do young for him. As far as paying him your paying either him or young so the pay is not something to really think about.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wasn't even responding to you

Yall the ones that need to give it a rest and relax on these ridiculous ideas and getting sensitive when someone tells you its asinine. the point i was oriignally making is the Spurs, nor anyone else in the league, is interested in trading for Bagley. The idea of giving up White for him is hilarious, just like adding Lonnie or anyone else to the deal is. Young would not be a terrible straight swap but again, 15M QO for Bagley (something the Bagley fans dont seem to understand) and his bad at ude + bust level play thus far is a non-starter. not even worth discussing
    You just dont tender the QO. If you dont tender it then he becomes a FA. You can sign him for less then that as long as you dont tender the QO. He would just replace Young for this year while giving us a look at him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter, but to clarify, that's not true. You can keep a player's Bird rights while not offering a QO. It's not the same thing as renouncing a player. The actions happen simultaneously when you get into the part of the off-season where a player has to consent to the QO being pulled. But the Spurs could just not tender it in the first place.

Regardless, I've always liked Bagley and wouldn't be opposed to trading Thad for him. It's just that he doesn't have positive value and the Spurs shouldn't be willing to trade a second for him just because he has some potential.
    Are you sure about that? Your better then me a CBA but I thought if we did not extend the QO then it was the same as renouncing him. If not then he would still count against our cap for next year until we renounce him correct? IM guessing we would renounce (or sign him for less if we were keeping him) him so he would not count to free up the cap space this summer. We should have plenty of room this year so we would not have to worry about going over the cap to resign him if he did well.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No woj bombs last night? Lame

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good. By the end of RRT we could be bottom 5 or worst
    Except WSH and POR are now in the tank….

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some nobody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    c'mon do something.jpg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    c'mon do something.jpg
    There’s some chatter that Morey will wait for the last minute to drop the blockbuster trade so that no EC opponents get a chance to do any follow on or reactive trades.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s some chatter that Morey will wait for the last minute to drop the blockbuster trade so that no EC opponents get a chance to do any follow on or reactive trades.
    Seems kind of silly. As if teams could concoct something in an hour.

My guess is nothing Nets/Sixers happens as the two sides stand off. The Sixers benefit more right now, but Morey is a tool and will try to squeeze, running time out. They'd more likely do something this summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see today as being actually pretty quiet. Jerami Grant isn't going anywhere. Westbrook won't be traded. Simmons/Harden is too big to hammer out in a few days. Might be Turner moving and some other bits and pieces but no big things. Spurs don't find anything for Thad Young and buy him out, or find someone who will trade a larger expiring plus a 2nd rounder or something, who will then buy himout.

Thread Information