Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I was hoping this one would be good. It was nearly three hours of "just okay."
    That's about how I felt. Without going too deep into details, that opening scene with the thugs in the subway really set the movie up for me. Instead of using that opportunity to show us why Batman is so feared (as his monologue suggests), what happens is one of the most boring Batman fight sequences ever put to film.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    That's about how I felt. Without going too deep into details, that opening scene with the thugs in the subway really set the movie up for me. Instead of using that opportunity to show us why Batman is so feared (as his monologue suggests), what happens is one of the most boring Batman fight sequences ever put to film.
    it was well known this movie would be more detective oriented, not sure why you expect lots of fighting sequences

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Kept thinking the whole movie

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    This movie is not for people with short attention span tbh
    That's a terrible argument. It's not like this is the only movie that's almost 3 hours long.

The Snyder's cut is even longer. Loved that. Lord of The Rings, etc.

This was just an overall boring movie. Full stop.

This movie is not bad per say, its just too boring. It's unfair to expect a movie to not have it's dull moments but for me in this particular movie, those dull moments were sustained for too long a period within a scene.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    No fun in it for me.

I love how marvel movies now tend to have the characters not take themselves seriously at all but not over the top corny like the Clooney and Kilmer movies.

I mean I get Batman is hard core serious but c'mon let loose a little

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    it was well known this movie would be more detective oriented, not sure why you expect lots of fighting sequences
    I didn't, and that's not what I said. But if you're going to make a three hour comic book movie with only a handful of action sequences, at least make them worthwhile. I did like the car chase sequence and the hallway fight (with the gunshots being the only light) fwiw.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    The Snyder's cut is even longer. Loved that.
    of course

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Kept thinking the whole movie

Did you not think that in any other Batman movie?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You're in your feelings again about people not liking a movie. lol

At some point you have to learn to accept people's opinion about things. You liked it, good for you.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Did you not think that in any other Batman movie?
    Yeah I think the Bale movies I did. Don't recall if the other Batmen wore bullet proof suits, so no not those guys

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    It seems the main DC properties almost seem better suited for limited series on HBO Max. I would've easily watched another four hours to finish a Snyder JLA arc since I was able to watch the first part at home in clear chapters. Makes sense for detective Batman too. I have no idea how Flashpoint could be told in one feature and do any justice to the comics. Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam can have features because no one gives much of a about being super true to their comic incarnations. Superman is only going to be interesting again if there is a Black Adam to kick his ass for awhile.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    You're in your feelings again about people not liking a movie. lol

At some point you have to learn to accept people's opinion about things. You liked it, good for you.
    I didn’t say a word about you disliking Batman, I laughed at you enjoying the Snyder Cut It’s not my fault your taste is so godawful, Hoobastank fanboy

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I didn’t say a word about you disliking Batman, I laughed at you enjoying the Snyder Cut It’s not my fault your taste is so godawful, Hoobastank fanboy
    You've spent the better part of a month crying about people not liking this movie on this account and your other one taking indirect pot shots at members like an intolerant head. lol

you've been seething and its fairly obvious. Take no for an answer, dummy.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    I’ve found a reason for meeeeeee
    To change who I used to beeeeeeeeeee
    A reason to start over neeeeeeeeeeew
    And the reason is yoooooouuuuui

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    Yeah I think the Bale movies I did. Don't recall if the other Batmen wore bullet proof suits, so no not those guys
    One of the first scenes in the Michael Keaton Batman is him getting shot in the chest, it’s a recurring bit of him faking like he just died and then getting up from being shot. I mean he doesn’t take machine gun fire to the chest and just walk into it completely unfazed, but it’s there

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It seems the main DC properties almost seem better suited for limited series on HBO Max. I would've easily watched another four hours to finish a Snyder JLA arc since I was able to watch the first part at home in clear chapters. Makes sense for detective Batman too. I have no idea how Flashpoint could be told in one feature and do any justice to the comics. Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam can have features because no one gives much of a about being super true to their comic incarnations. Superman is only going to be interesting again if there is a Black Adam to kick his ass for awhile.
    we won't have to worry about him for the foreseeable future anyway

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Also the reason this movie was so long was because shoehorned catwoman, cut her ass out and it's like 45 minutes shorter.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Also the reason this movie was so long was because shoehorned catwoman, cut her ass out and it's like 45 minutes shorter.
    And in that time they still didn't feel like explaining how she learned to fight like that

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    And in that time they still didn't feel like explaining how she learned to fight like that
    Could be an intentional move by WB. Wouldn't surprise me if they are planning to give her a solo outing(movie or series) in the form of a prequel story.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Could be an intentional move by WB. Wouldn't surprise me if they are planning to give her a solo outing(movie or series) in the form of a prequel story.
    Eh yeah maybe but just give me one line "I learned to fight on the streets thanks to this old janitor that lived next door named Miyagi" and I'd probably be ok with it.

Can only suspend disbelief for so long before I give up on it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UTSA Roadrunners
    I thought The Batman was just OK. Not bad, not very good. Just a big ass Meh.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Colorado Buffaloes
    I thought The Batman was just OK. Not bad, not very good. Just a big ass Meh.
    I felt like I was watching Tracy in a Batman suit tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    That's a terrible argument. It's not like this is the only movie that's almost 3 hours long.

The Snyder's cut is even longer. Loved that. Lord of The Rings, etc.

This was just an overall boring movie. Full stop.

This movie is not bad per say, its just too boring. It's unfair to expect a movie to not have it's dull moments but for me in this particular movie, those dull moments were sustained for too long a period within a scene.
    You liked Justice League more than The Batman? To each his own, I guess.
    Last edited by DAF86; 04-25-2022 at 03:18 PM.

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You liked Justice League more than The Batman? To each his own, I guess.
    Yes I did. But my broader point is that the length is not this movies' problem. I gave 2 examples of 4 hour long movies that I enjoyed that has nothing to do with running time.

The Batman
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_batman
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-batman

Justice league Snyder's Cut
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zac...justice_league
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/zac...justice-league

Snyder's Cut was better recieved by the audience. I'm puzzled as to why you and Thanos are confused as to why I like one more over the other.

One is better than the other in my opinion. Majority seems to agree.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Yes I did. But my broader point is that the length is not this movies' problem. I gave 2 examples of 4 hour long movies that I enjoyed that has nothing to do with running time.

The Batman
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_batman
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/the-batman

Justice league Snyder's Cut
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/zac...justice_league
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/zac...justice-league

Snyder's Cut was better recieved by the audience. I'm puzzled as to why you and Thanos are confused as to why I like one more over the other.

One is better than the other in my opinion. Majority seems to agree.
    Snyder's cut gets that audience rating only because it is being compared to the original cut. All the defects that remain from the Whedon version get ignored while all the improvements get exagerately lauded. If the Snyder cut would have been the one to be released theatricaly, it would have been received just slightly better than the Whedon version. Not to mention that it would have never been 4 hours long.

Thread Information