Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting ready to start Dragon Quest 3 tbh. Dying Light 2 was disappointing as after Elden Ring.
    Elden ring is the best game fromSoftware.. no comparison

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anti-tankers are hilarious. We have a great history of developing players. Much better than the Kings or the Wolves. We can develop Tony, Manu, Kawhi, and now Murray but for some reason we would t be able to develop the player at the very top of our leaderboard? That doesn’t make sense at all.

And stop using the 76ers as proof that tanking doesn’t work bc they traded for Tobias Harris and Jimmy Butler and James Harden. Are we going to say that trades don’t help win championships either? Makes zero sense to bring them up with tanking and then say well we can make trades to make us better. They did both and tbh they are their own special case. Nobody in NBA history has failed like the 76ers have in the quest for a ring

Id rather tank for a year and believe that our team can pick a guy at the #1 pick and build him up the way that not other team can. If we believe they can do it for the 9th pick or the 29th pick then we should have more faith they can do it for the #1 pick

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not crazy about A.J. Griffin, but if the FO goes with him I'll trust them over my takes.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Elden ring is the best game fromSoftware.. no comparison
    I have a hard time picking between it and Bloodborne, but loved Elden Ring enough to do three playthroughs back to back to back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have a hard time picking between it and Bloodborne, but loved Elden Ring enough to do three playthroughs back to back to back.
    omg, u de best. I haven't even finished 1 playthrough.... Reaching Mountain of the Giants and Flame peak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not crazy about A.J. Griffin, but if the FO goes with him I'll trust them over my takes.
    Having Mathurin and Sochan go in front of our noses and using the 9th pick on another guard who's 18 going on 80 would be the icing on the cake. Trade up, down, get a veteran, give the pick to charity... but don't do that. Please.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand the anti-tanker view. The Spurs have only enjoyed success by tanking for DRob and then TD. Those are your foundational pieces - without them, Manu, Tony, etc... don't matter as much.

Having a winning culture, expectations, etc... is great. But not if it comes at the expense of overall growth. It was fantastic that the team got crushed by NOP in the play in. But what tangible value did that provide? And is that purported value greater or less than having a higher pick?

Overall, many have said that the team lacks clear direction. Getting the 9th pick today is a reflection of that lack of direction. There's really not much if any reason to believe that the team's situation will be any different 1 year from today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The irony is that it's not inconceivable that Houston will end up having a brighter future come draft day.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having Mathurin and Sochan go in front of our noses and using the 9th pick on another guard who's 18 going on 80 would be the icing on the cake. Trade up, down, get a veteran, give the pick to charity... but don't do that. Please.
    Duren will still be on the board.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of folks say the Spurs are eventually moving to Vegas, WTF doesn't Sacramento move there?
    Kings just got a new arena 6 years ago. But they were on the verge of moving to Anaheim before Kevin Johnson got the city of Sacramento to give them like $280 million in welfare for that arena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You tanker goobers don't get how lucky the Spurs were to get Robinson and Duncan. You freaks think this happens any time a team tanks. It's just pure idiocy on your part, just a complete misunderstanding of how tanking teams usually spin in the cycle for years once they start doing it. We've already discussed this ad nauseum and it's stupid to continue.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You tanker goobers don't get how lucky the Spurs were to get Robinson and Duncan. You freaks think this happens any time a team tanks. It's just pure idiocy on your part, just a complete misunderstanding of how tanking teams usually spin in the cycle for years once they start doing it. We've already discussed this ad nauseum and it's stupid to continue.
    Of course Robinson and Duncan quality players are not in this draft but I'd rather have J. Smith, Sharpe, Banchero, Ivey, Murray than who the spurs will get at 9.

They just needed a few more losses to slide into Sacramento's position and get that top four pick to be in position to add a better player out of this draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    9. San Antonio Spurs

Dyson Daniels
    G League Ignite
    PG/SG

The Spurs have quite a few young players in the backcourt but are in full-fledged talent-acquisition mode and will be thinking hard about picking the best long-term prospect they can acquire with this pick. Adding a versatile guard who can play in a variety of lineup configurations and do a little bit of everything could be attractive here, especially considering the type of players Gregg Popovich typically values. Daniels is an outstanding defender who fills up the box score with rebounds, assists, blocks and steals, and has plenty of upside to grow into considering he just turned 19 years old.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ja deserved it. He is now one of the best players in the league and elevated Memphis.
    Caution you will incense a lot of guy here for stating the obvious and not hear the end of it until you are just exhausted...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really started this day dreaming of Banchero and now have to settle for AJ Griffin or Dyson Daniels

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a re ed false dichotomy. The question isn’t whether a Duncan-tier player is available in this draft. The question is whether the team is improved by having a few extra wins and getting stomped in the play in vs a few extra losses and getting a better prospect than another PG/SG whose upside is Derrick White.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As someone who wants the team to move to Austin, today was a great day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes. Offer 20, 25, and next year's team first. A team like Sacramento might jump at that given they need LOTS of help and not just one draftee to change everything. Next year is likely to have a deeper draft class too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The irony is that it's not inconceivable that Houston will end up having a brighter future come draft day.
    Thats, uh, likely before the draft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis tanked to get Ja.
    Dallas tanked to get Luka.

Funny how the sniffers always use the worst examples of front offices (Sacramento this year, Pelicans/Wolves of the years past) to convince themselves it’s a bad idea to tank. even the pelicans and timberwolves were playoff teams this year.
    Memphis didn't necessarily tank. They were trying to win but their core got old and couldn't take them! To the playoffs even. Remember Gasol bickering with the coach and that team sucking? Yeah that wasn't on purpose. Father time is undefeated. Where they were smart is that they realized that they couldn't extract winning seasons out of a core that had dwindled to aging Gasol and an injured Conley, it was time to embrace the rebuild and traded them for assets getting them lucky inn the draft two years in a row and changing their entire coaching and FO leaders for a rebuild.

Dallas was kind of the same. They tried to get whatever winning they could out of rosters around Nowitzki, until he retired and they embraced the tank for one season to get Luka🙏🙏.

Both teams though had simply aged to the end of the usefulness of their core and had to rebuild.

Where Spurs sucked was going against what was inevitable with the retirement of the big 3 and Kawhi bolting. They had assets to embrace a rebuild if they centered packages on young players and picks with the possibility of a quick turnaround like Memphis and Dallas. But no. They went with Derozan and here we are. 5 years later bickering over a MIP award.

I 'd embrace the tank for Wembayama next season but we know they are hoping someone falls to them or maybe for Primo to finally hit that growth stage... Which is why I suggest trades to try to make lemonade out of lemons.
    Last edited by SAGirl; 05-17-2022 at 11:11 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis tanked to get Ja.
    Dallas tanked to get Luka.

Funny how the sniffers always use the worst examples of front offices (Sacramento this year, Pelicans/Wolves of the years past) to convince themselves it’s a bad idea to tank. even the pelicans and timberwolves were playoff teams this year.
    Mem did not tank. They were saved by the new odds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    AJ Griffin? noooooo meltdown mode activated.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sPuRs GoNnA jUmP iNtO tOp 4 XD

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate AJ Griffin lol - thats like one of 3 guys I really dont want at 9. I am good with so many others

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sigh. It sucks that two other teams in our same division are likely going to get 2 of Chet, Banchero, or Smith and we'll be facing them 4 times each year each. Guessing Chet goes to OKC if Magic dont take him. Likely leaves Smith to Rockets, which unfortunately might be the player they need to really start to take off. OKC already beat us once this season and twice last season with a bunch of scrubs.

Now theyve got Giddey in season 2, Poku in season 3 (both of whom are already producing triple dubs), plus a bunch of eager young scrappers in SGA, Dort, and Roby. They seem to be on a better trajectory than the Spurs now.

For sure, Houston does as well, with their young guns and multiple stockpiled picks, too. Dallas obviously is stacked for years with Luka and crew. If they add Giannis this year or next, as some are predicting they might, the entire League is furked, not just our division. Then you've got Memphis which scares the out of veteran teams like the Dubs, and who won 60+ games, many games of which were WITHOUT Ja.

All of that leads to the really disheartening reality that the Spurs are likely facing more mediocrity or worse over the next decade or so, barring a homerun in the draft. Very whemling day to be sure.

Thread Information