Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got a promise he liked, so he's low balling it.
    Now, that's trust.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doesn't seem likely though..

I am thinking OKC. Multiple picks, and high on analytics. Also, Memphis if he is there at 22. Just a hunch. Could be others… Could it be the Spurs? With 20 or 25?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, no one has promised Jake LaRavia. No one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good stuff! I just assumed there were stylists guiding them towards such things.
    Not to derail a thread but were you BTS in the camera department?
    I was actually a ghostwriter/consultant that watched what happened on many, many sets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaRavia seems like he’d be a really solid role player on a team that already has an established superstar, but he wouldn’t move the needle much with us. Think the Spurs pass unless he’s clearly BPA at 25.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pleasantly surprised that Roddy is a legit 6-6 in shoes, with great wingspan (+5.5), decent standing reach, and seems to have big hands as well for his size.

I was prepared for him to be like 6-4.5 in shoes, I guess his bulk just makes him look smaller. Slim him down enough so he can move better on defense and he could be a great bench hustle wing with the strength to play up some.

I'm on that Roddy train for 38. Choo choo!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was a good surprise and gives me some hope for him. His vertical wasn’t great but the other numbers are probably more important for most basketball actions.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LaRavia seems like he’d be a really solid role player on a team that already has an established superstar, but he wouldn’t move the needle much with us. Think the Spurs pass unless he’s clearly BPA at 25.
    There will be better players at 25.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

one of the nastiest ankle breakers I’ve seen from a prospect this year at 13:40

he has more sick crossovers in this video as well

seems like he has the ball on a yoyo

i dont remember the last player with a wingspan of 7’2” that can handle the ball like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OH NO. Another great one at 16:52. This guy is IT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What fascinates me about this whole combine process is how we obsess over physical measurements: over height, wingspan, leaping ability—putting more emphasis on these things than a prospect’s actual ability to play basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What fascinates me about this whole combine process is how we obsess over physical measurements: over height, wingspan, leaping ability—putting more emphasis on these things than a prospect’s actual ability to play basketball.
    The past few years draftees are becoming younger, earlier to hone and develop their skills at NBA professional level, especially with the advent of G-League. Of course there’s still the bball iq, mechanism and character. I mean with Giannis he was 18 yrs old and a buck eighty pound?? and the Bucks basically made him the player he is now. That’s my take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like what I see from Jalen Williams, kind of has that Keldon esqe motor, if he fell to #38 that's a great snag imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i dont remember the last player with a wingspan of 7’2” that can handle the ball like that.
    Interesting
    He reminds me a little of Primo in that BY FILM he seems to lack explosiveness. Yet his combine results suggest otherwise

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting
    He reminds me a little of Primo in that BY FILM he seems to lack explosiveness. Yet his combine results suggest otherwise
    Don’t say the word Primo around here or the folks obsessed with him (and make every single one of their posts about him) will come barging at the door. Jesus Christ. These guys need to give it a ing break.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the measurements are promptly forgotten as soon as they're drafted. You still have to be able to play the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But are any of these guys high character who interview like they are more mature than teenagers? Just a bit of fun I couldn’t resist.

High foreheads and being slow are a plus!
    Quality post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting
    The film test is the eye test. Would you know by viewing that Boris Diaw had an elite level vert?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some funny dudes in here…….. don’t be passive aggressive, just be aggressive This kid is no PRIMO

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I won’t be surprised if the Spurs draft him at 9. Seems like something they would do. I mean, if he’s tge best player at the combine, what else do we need to know? Joking aside, he could be very useful on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And this is why players fall. We are starting to see tweets about guys working their way to the lottery level and there is only a finite number of those picks. Someone will drop, hope we can exploit it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see Jalen Williams getting a flurry of eyes and positive scouting reports on his offense in the last week or so. Playing at Santa Clara almost always has that factor of hiding players, being west coast + smaller conference. It was a few decades ago, but once upon a time #15 Santa Clara upset #2 Arizona in the first round of March Madness and caused a stir which today looks like a pretty unsurprising outcome-- a team led by Steve Nash beating a team led by Chris Mills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Really interesting thread with the standing vertical reach and the max vertical reach by positions.

a few takes :

- Koloko is looong plus his nice shooting from 3 yesterday. Not bad with the late picks
    - Ej Liddel continues to impress me, he looks explosive and long.
    - Moussa Diabate tested well
    - Leonard Miller can jump tough he's has the lowest standing vertical reach among PF's ( he is listed as a SF)
    - Kendall Brown is a big time athlet
    - Laravia testing a little bit low vs others PF
    - Jalen Williams is huge man

Thread Information