Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I criticize Pop as much as the next guy this season but this game it has to be A- for him. Come on ))))
    His decisions really worked as well as his defensive approach to Nephew-PG pairing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is probably a very long time since Spurs starters both took and made more 3s than the opposing starters.

Glad to see that the old man still tries to win games: some haters might be upset by that.
    There still are plenty of games to play and make the PO...

A game with only 1 missed FT in total, quite peculiar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very harsh on Pop.

Born Slippy
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good effort on D. Everone competed LA and Jacob were always there at the rim.

Finally conected at great rate from the 3.

Most importantly Demar got out of the way and hit a three in the 4th.

Just need Lonnie in the the rotation and Bryn less in it. Mission accomplished.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with the Pop grade and analysis. Those rotations have a bad history although they worked last night. If it continues to work, then maybe we can lighten up on Pop a little. Great win though. This is the team I envisioned coming out of the offseason sans a minute-getting Lonnie. I hope this is a step in the right direction instead of a fluke.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is probably a very long time since Spurs starters both took and made more 3s than the opposing starters.

Glad to see that the old man still tries to win games: some haters might be upset by that.

Shut the up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanjs for the writeup. I didn’t see the game. I was a dutiful husband helping with shopping. So I just based my reaction with your asessment. I was hoping it was Spurs defense that won them the game, and not just Clips playing awful. Defense would win the Spurs games. Holding the opponents below 100 instead of trying to outscore. Yet I still saw highlights of Beli/Mills together with Demar. And why Pop did not play Walker after a great showing last game? And not playing Caroll once again if the objective is to play better defense than outscore the opponent. Boy I’m confused.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a reason "3 & D" is such a sought after standard in the modern game-- the Spurs finally applied that concept as a team & beat a championship contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are so slow...don't you get it I am not into trannies? so stop wasting your time I'll never let you suck me

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams looking better lately but this unfortunately was the exception. Felt like when a team wins a playoff game after being down 0-3... avoiding the inevitable for one game only.

Like I always say if LA plays with a purpose then we have a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

What the . Why do you want yet another year of this ? Making the playoffs would mean no changes next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    great read

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Lyles a better NBA player than Murray right now? A better prospect? No matter which side you come down on it, its closer than I'd have ever imagined going into the NBA season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the . Why do you want yet another year of this ? Making the playoffs would mean no changes next year.
    What makes you thinking there will be no changes next year? Pop will be gone most probably. And it's not that this year there were none. The Morris thing went but it wasn't minor.

I don't think that a losing season will make easier to trade LMA, DDR or the washed up vets. But maybe winning games does it.

I know the majority here hope some miracles are coming from the lottery, but if you think this season is (it is) what would you think if we were Chicago, Memphis, Phoenix etc? They go for the lottery, pick nice, and come back again and again. Lottery is a sickness hard to cure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are so slow...don't you get it I am not into trannies? so stop wasting your time I'll never let you suck me
    Keep me out of your sick fantasies.

Dejounte, White & THE IV Truth4sale$'s Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great write up Timvp. It was good to see the team win at Home against a good team. Hate seeing critics downplay the victory stating a "lethargic" Clippers team. I think the key to victory was the play of Derrick White, he was the catalyst last year and he could be the key to this year. I'd he can shoot the 3pt shot, there is no need to start Forbes. Move DeRozan to the two guard. I would even consider starting Murray at the 3, he might be more of a small forward than a point guard.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Lyles a better NBA player than Murray right now? A better prospect? No matter which side you come down on it, its closer than I'd have ever imagined going into the NBA season.

Everyone expected Murray to come back even better last season. So much so that they had already given him credit for the improvement. I think a lot of people are comparing his play this year to what they expected last year - not to his actual play the year before. He's not all the way back from the injury, so he's not as much of a defensive stopper as he was. But his problems with decision making are pretty much the same - no better, but no worse.

Lyles, on the other hand, had very low expectations due to chronic underachieving. He's improving, and starting to show some of the potential he was expected to have. If you were able to compare them side-by-side on their respective draft nights, expectations were probably a good bit higher for Lyles. I don't think what we're seeing should be a knock on Murray, so much as vindication for Lyles.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good game, and good set of grades. Glad you didn't go nuts patting Pop on the back.

The only thing I'll say is that Patty letting it fly "every time he saw a crack of daylight" looks good when shots are falling. He could have gone a long way toward throwing that game away if they weren't. If he can keep it up, he could actually overcome his massive defensive deficit by a small margin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, no it doesn't mean that. In fact, it means that the youth get another year of experience going into LA's, DeMar's (player option) and Patty's last contract year. It means another year of development for Keldon, another year for Luka, another year for another year for Lonnie, and Murray. Another year for Jakob, and Lyles. It's how this team rebuilds while the others blow it up. It means another (relatively high compared to the Duncan era) draft pick to develop also.

The Spurs are going to be fine, in time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe some Spur fans on here want to see the team win. Sure beats some miserable like you who just wants to spew on here..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very disappointing that Belinelli played big minutes again and Lonnie none. Lonnie does everything right last game and pop still gives a slow old broken fiat shooting 20% from 3 more minutes than your future who by all means looks ready. At this point pop's just alienating him. Pop got away with it tonight cause the clippers were hungover from thanksgiving, but it won't be so pretty next time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cannot admit I saw this coming.
    Clips stomped Mavs
    Clips really did seem hungover.
    Pop may have finally stumbled on his best option for his SL and bench squads.
    I would think though that Less Gay with the bench and (like most here) Walker instead of Beli.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker didn't play, so that takes away from the victory.

DeMar still got significant minutes, so that's another knock on Pop.
    DeMar plays only one-on one defense, and his shot selection was still trash. His passing was as usual - he looks only for his own shot and throws bailout passes when nothing is available, usually while he is in the air. He is the ultimate low bball iq player and I can't wait until I never have to see his ugly game again. Ship his overrated ass off to Orlando. I'd be happy with just a second round pick at this point.

Thread Information