Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've said that I loved the first 3 quarters in Philly, that type of games that give me hope. Tonight vs Clippers was one of those games too. If they can shoot that well and play some decent defense they will make playoffs without doubts

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we will know by mid December whether we are in it or not. Heavy schedule.

11/29 - Clippers - Loss
    12/1 - Detroit - Maybe a win
    12/3 - Houston - Loss
    12/6 - Sac - Maybe a win
    12/12 - Cleveland - Win
    12/14 - Phoenix - Loss
    12/16 - Houston - Loss
    12/19 - Brooklyn - Loss
    12/21 - Clippers - Loss
    12/23 - Memphis - Prob a loss
    12/26 - Dallas - Loss
    12/28 - Detroit - Maybe a win
    12/31 - Golden State - Probably a win
    13-0 mutha as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looked it up. Its Philly.

I may be the minority here, but I'd like to see them break the tie. Supposed to be a lousy draft anyway.
    Tanking is for losers. And it almost never works anyway.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is a shame, because if they made the playoffs this year they'd break the all time record for longest streak I think. Now we share it with someone (almost certainly Boston or LA Lakers? Or maybe Philly somehow?)
    Would love to take sole ownership of the record but not with this roster. Would be cool if they make a trade or 2 getting rid of DDR and LMA for good young talent and then those guys go on a run to make the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    All fans who want their own team to lose for adraft pick are plain stupid.
    The Draft is a lottery, nothing else. Maybe you get someone good or no. The likes of Kobe Bryant and Le Bron are very seldom.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes if they can go on a 6 game winning streak starting tonight. If they are at near or over 20 losses by middle of January than no.

Spurs have not made any big moves since signing Aldridge in 2015. The Kawhi trade is looking so bad now but he intentionally lowered his value so they would get zip in return.

It will be quite an accomplishment if Pop can get this team to the playoffs.

The playoff streak any Spurs fan knows was mostly because of Duncan, Parker and Manu and a little of Drob. Pop deserves a ton of credit for that run to. Duncan's an assistant coach now but all their numbers are up in the rafters now. Without those players on the court no more if it ends this season so be it, had to happen at some point. Yes Pop is going to get a ton of heat for missing the playoffs if it does happen. Spurs have no injuries and are losing games.
    Don't thing any basketball team can sustain high standard losing 4 HOF bound players in consecutive years. Last year was already an over achievement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can’t help but think that last night win was a fools gold. Clips shots hitting the front rim, and not Spurs playing great defense It’s still Mills/Beli out there. On paper YES. But Pop somehow still play too short, unathletic, no defense, who’s not really lighting up the score board. So NO if he plays the same Forbes/Mills/Beli with heavy minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn’t think they had much of a chance when their record was a scintillating 0-0.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We seem to loose sight on the rest of the west. They sit 2 games out with the Suns and Tpups coming back to reality....ANything is possible, ask the St Louis Blues...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the White, Forbes, DeRozan, Gay, and Aldridge unit is the SL going forward, as opposed to the same lineup with Poeltl subbed in for Gay, then that is actually a lineup cous be successful- it had a lot of success last season.

(Points per 100 possessions, last season)

White, Forbes, DeRozan, Gay, Aldridge- +4.8

White, Forbes, DeRozan, Aldridge, Poeltl- -4.6

Hopefully would keep this team from getting off to bad starts which would definitely help.
    Last edited by cd021; 11-30-2019 at 07:13 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All fans who want their own team to lose for adraft pick are plain stupid.
    The Draft is a lottery, nothing else. Maybe you get someone good or no. The likes of Kobe Bryant and Le Bron are very seldom.
    I agree in the sense that intentionally losing games is not the way to go. I believe the Spurs should always try to win every game and just see how the chips fall.

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tanking is for losers. And it almost never works anyway.
    You couldn't be more wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we'll be near .500 after 1/1/20.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You couldn't be more wrong.
    Proof?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to take sole ownership of the record but not with this roster. Would be cool if they make a trade or 2 getting rid of DDR and LMA for good young talent and then those guys go on a run to make the playoffs.
    Haha! I have that same fantasy. And then I remember who the coach is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the White, Forbes, DeRozan, Gay, and Aldridge unit is the SL going forward, as opposed to the same lineup with Poeltl subbed in for Gay, then that is actually a lineup cous be successful- it had a lot of success last season.

(Points per 100 possessions, last season)

White, Forbes, DeRozan, Gay, Aldridge- +4.8

White, Forbes, DeRozan, Gay, Aldridge, Poeltl- -4.6

Hopefully would keep this team from getting off to bad starts which would definitely help.
    How does a lineup with 6 players not have a better points/100 stat?

Seriously, I wonder if moving Dumbmar back to SG and starting DeMarre at SF would work? Derrick/Dumbmar/DeMarre/Gay/LMA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Seriously, I wonder if moving Dumbmar back to SG and starting DeMarre at SF would work? Derrick/Dumbmar/DeMarre/Gay/LMA.
    Considering their personnel, the only difference between DeRozan nominally playing "SG" or "SF", is that it makes them worse defensively. But functionally, nothing changes about his role. He'll still defend off ball wings when they can get away with cross matching and the opposition will still defend him with their best wing defender.

2nd unit: Murray/Mills/Forbes/Lyles/Poeltl. Since they're inexplicably barely going to play Walker anyway, I'd be down for this. Obviously, some rotational gymnastics would be required to lessen the amount Mills/Forbes play together, but it's easier to dictate matchups if they come off the bench.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I copy and pasted the lineup and forgot to take out Gay.

At this point, it seems clear that Carroll just isn't going to play. It makes plenty of sense for him to start but he's collecting DNPs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I copy and pasted the lineup and forgot to take out Gay.

At this point, it seems clear that Carroll just isn't going to play. It makes plenty of sense for him to start but he's collecting DNPs.
    Nice paychecks for DNPs. Why on earth did we sign that guy?!

It makes me wonder how this team would look if it were coached by a coach who had gotten over himself...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep....in 2021

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice paychecks for DNPs. Why on earth did we sign that guy?!

It makes me wonder how this team would look if it were coached by a coach who had gotten over himself...
    Really doesn't make sense, why they brought him in only to DNP him tbh

Thread Information