NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    http://www.ksat.com/politics/14738279/detail.html

Councilwoman: Hwy. 281 Commuters Can Afford Toll Roads

POSTED: 1:02 pm CST November 30, 2007
    UPDATED: 1:17 pm CST November 30, 2007

SAN ANTONIO -- A group opposed to toll roads recently posted a video clip on the Internet that shows District 2 City Councilwoman Sheila McNeil telling East Side cons uents that building toll roads on the city's North Side is OK because residents in that part of the city can afford it.

According to Terri Hall, founder of San Antonio Toll Party and Texans United For Reform and Freedom, McNeil made the comments during a meeting Wednesday with members of the United Homeowners Improvement Association.

"Now, when they start talking about coming out here on 35, then we can talk," McNeil said. "But right now, the decisions we're making next week in 281, and the folks who live and drive out there, and those people can afford a toll road, because the income out there is probably around $200,000 to $300,000 a year."

McNeil is also chairwoman of the Metropolitan Planning Organization, which is scheduled to vote on toll road fares Monday night for Highway 281.

According to Hall, McNeil also told her cons uents to take the access roads if they can't afford toll roads.

Hall said that McNeil was skewing the annual income figures because according to hall, demographic information on the City of San Antonio's Web site shows that the per capita income for a District 9 resident is $31,000.

"It's horrible to pit one part of the community against the other," Hall said in a news release. "We need to be doing what's in the best interest of the entire community."

"It's a sad day when a black elected official in essence slaps the 'colored' sign on our freeways and stereotypes people based on income because of the side of town they live in," said Tommy Calvert Jr., president of Calvert International Consulting.

McNeil wasn't immediately available for comment.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Make them honkies pay!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Extra Stout: Brevity Be Thy Name.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Toll whitey!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Terri Hall is the biggest fraud in that article, she's a former Californian who moved here in 2005, is a house wife with no job who home schools her children and lives in Bulverde. Yet she's the leader and face of the party that is against toll roads? Someone really needs to expose her in the media.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    Terri Hall is the biggest fraud in that article, she's a former Californian who moved here in 2005, is a house wife with no job who home schools her children and lives in Bulverde. Yet she's the leader and face of the party that is against toll roads? Someone really needs to expose her in the media.
    I've got no dog in the fight, but she pretty much says that in her bio.

http://satollparty.com/bios.php

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    "Now, when they start talking about coming out here on 35, then we can talk," McNeil said. "But right now, the decisions we're making next week in 281, and the folks who live and drive out there, and those people can afford a toll road, because the income out there is probably around $200,000 to $300,000 a year."

And people wonder why the east side is looked down upon.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    .....is a house wife with no job .....
    What does that have to do with ANYTHING? (Sorry but I get a little sensitive when anyone claims a housewife does not have a job) Besides that why else is she a fraud? Has she made fraudulent claims about her qualifications? I'm just curious because I don't know anything about her and I am part of the community being referred to.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Terri Hall is the biggest fraud in that article, she's a former Californian who moved here in 2005, is a house wife with no job who home schools her children and lives in Bulverde.

what the is wrong with being a stay-at-home mom? she's willing to take a stand...it's more than i can say for alot of other people.

Name
    Yvonne
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Now is this Terry Hall the one who came here from San Diego to be the city manager, made all sorts of ridiculous relocation package demands, procured a lucrative "consulting" job for her husband and then quit the city manager job?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Now is this Terry Hall the one who came here from San Diego to be the city manager, made all sorts of ridiculous relocation package demands, procured a lucrative "consulting" job for her husband and then quit the city manager job?

Your thinking of Teri Brechtel (sp) that came from Phx.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas State Bobcats
    It was Sheryl Sculley that came from Phoenix. She's the one with the large compensation package.

Terry Brechtel was the former City Manager.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    It was Sherly Sculley that came from Phoenix. She's the one with the large compensation package.

you're right...thx jb

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Denver Nuggets
    what the is wrong with being a stay-at-home mom? she's willing to take a stand...it's more than i can say for alot of other people.

Ok, then who is she taking a stand for?

Last I checked it sounds like most people living in the area (of which she does not) want this thing ing done. Have you driven their lately?

Oh by the way, if the ass clowns wouldn't have gotten the job shut down two years ago.............IT WOULD BE DONE..........guess what else, there still wouldn't be tolls either because that can't start until 1604 is done as well, which will be years and years.

So good call folks.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Ohio State Buckeyes
    The traffic in that area is nuts. I'm glad I don't have to drive through any of that congestion. Let the voters decide.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I've got no dog in the fight, but she pretty much says that in her bio.

http://satollparty.com/bios.php
    How many people actually visit that site or even better, click on the bios? I'm talking about getting that out there on the news and in the paper.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What does that have to do with ANYTHING? (Sorry but I get a little sensitive when anyone claims a housewife does not have a job) Besides that why else is she a fraud? Has she made fraudulent claims about her qualifications? I'm just curious because I don't know anything about her and I am part of the community being referred to.
    The fact that she doesn't commute on 281 on a daily basis is really funny when you are the face of an anti toll party.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Ok, then who is she taking a stand for?

Last I checked it sounds like most people living in the area (of which she does not) want this thing ing done. Have you driven their lately?

Oh by the way, if the ass clowns wouldn't have gotten the job shut down two years ago.............IT WOULD BE DONE..........guess what else, there still wouldn't be tolls either because that can't start until 1604 is done as well, which will be years and years.

So good call folks.
    If she's actually from Bulverde, then I'd say she probably uses 281 quite a bit.

Does the toll party bunch have any alternatives, or do they only rail against the toll roads?

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Where did I insult or even comment on "stay-at-home" moms? I never said anything nor implied it. Its a fraud that a woman who probably uses 281 once a week would be the face and mouthpiece for a anti-toll road group.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Your thinking of Teri Brechtel (sp) that came from Phx.
    As pointed out before, it was Sheryl Sculley who was the former Phoenix Assistant City Manager who is now San Antonio's City Manager.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    The traffic in that area is nuts. I'm glad I don't have to drive through any of that congestion. Let the voters decide.

There's the rub....the voters aren't deciding. It's being decided for them or us, as it were.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Double taxation.

FEEL THE RUSH!!!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    It was Sheryl Sculley that came from Phoenix. She's the one with the large compensation package.

Didn't Terry Brechtel take a lobby job for the forces that want to build the toll road?

If all the gas tax money was used to build and maintain roads, we would not need toll taxes. Road building would be everywhere.

But our good federal governament uses most of the gas tax to fund its wasteful spending.

So this issue is quite simple: the government just wants more of your hard earned money through taxes to fund its wasteful ways.

Thread Information