Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Lyles/Brent Forms oh man that season was awful

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how to attach a link but Ousmane Dieng just said in an interview that he wants to be a champion and an MVP… whoaaaa there lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, that entire offseason was such a bust....

Got ed over by Marcus Morris.

Gave away Bertans for nothing.

Paid Demarre Carroll ~$20M to play a whopping 135 minutes in a Spurs uniform

Paid the corpse of Rudy Gay ~$30M over 2

Wasted the mid-level exception on Trey Lyles

Drafted Luka Samanic, a dud, at #19

Drafted Weatherspoon who is no longer even in the NBA

It's almost impressive how poorly that was managed. The only good thing we did was draft KJ at 29
    yup, they have been horrendous ever since 2017. Last season gave me hope, but I still don‘t trust them to make the right moves because of offseasons like these in the recent past

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Lyles/Brent Forms oh man that season was awful
    Nothing worst than Forbes/Beli/Mills. I still get hot flashes at night.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    haha this is good.
    Well, some team is still paying monte Ellis……. Plenty of those situations around the nba😳

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funny that OKC, NO, and reportedly PATFO love the kid. Parker has reportedly sung his praises. And I know that at minimum Denver likes him and Charlotte likes him.

He's got great defensive flashes. He's long. He's aggressive. Athletic. He has a good floater now, which is often a piece players develop later. And he will only get bigger and stronger which will open up his inside game. His form is such that he will get more consistent from 3pt That means he'sone of the few prosoects that has defensive and offensive skills, inside and out. You only pass that at 9 for Murray or Mathurian.

I'm gonna love this thread in 3 yrs, regardless of where he is. And I'm saying now, before it happens how blindly foolish so many of you are being. WATCH his tape. If you haven't, and are showing group think, then shame on you guys. If you have and you think he's soft, or is a worse Samanich, then I question WTF your eyes are seeing.

Let the chips fall where they may.
    Speaking for myself, it is true I've watched little of him compared to most Americans mocked typically in the top 25 and much less than Procida, Spagnolo, or Jovic

My opinion could change greatly upon watching more

But I can only react to what I've seen and the cir stances. I posted earlier my misgivings with French players who leave France for non-American leagues, I think it produces overrated prospects.

But to his game, first I would say that I hate floaters when it comes to draft prospects. When it's brought up as a pro prospect It's like the number one sign that the guy needs a ton of work. "He has a good floater game!" to me is not a great thing. Floaters are a tiny tiny part of a players average NBA usage. There are occasionally players who use it more, like Tony Parker, but it's rarely something that matters. Seems like every 6-3 second round bumscrub coincidentally has a good floater game.

And again, it's only based on what I've seen, which is less than 20% of the time I spent on guys like Mathurin or Duren or Daniels or Sochan etc etc, but I don't see a very explosive athlete. I see a smooth athlete, but not necessarily a plus athlete. I see length, but due to his height. I think his wingspan is +3? That's certainly fine, but not at the +5 or +6 etc that the players with great length have.

I saw him move his feet well on defense in some plays, and poorly in others. His shot looks okay to me but doesn't really go in.

He can pass in the pick and roll but can be score? Will he even get the touches at the NBA level?

What if he's just a catch and guy? Is there shot versatility? Because I've seen some Procida plays that are awesome with his shot and how to use him. I've heard some draft podcasters point out plays that were reminiscent of Klay and they weren't far off.

I think if Procida had the Australian showcase where players can be bad most of the year instead of the Italian league he'd be rocketing up the boards.

I'll of course watch more Dieng if they draft him. Same thing with Sharpe. I've watched the least of Sharpe out of anyone because I'm not watching high school tape if I don't have to, so I have no opinion on him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key to staying sane tonight is to realize that no matter what the Spurs do, come tomorrow they'll still be least half a decade away from being even remotely relevant again tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And Tony Parker also sung the praises of Joffrey, statistically the worst defensive center in history

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of how the night goes gentlemen, the spurs will have added much needed talent!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Banchero looks like an ass-hole in that suit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of how the night goes gentlemen, the spurs will have added much needed talent!
    thats the spirit!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The key to staying sane tonight is to realize that no matter what the Spurs do, come tomorrow they'll still be least half a decade away from being even remotely relevant again tbh
    Play-in contender FTW

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whoops.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan looks like an 80’s pimp.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, that entire offseason was such a bust....

Got ed over by Marcus Morris.

Gave away Bertans for nothing.

Paid Demarre Carroll ~$20M to play a whopping 135 minutes in a Spurs uniform

Paid the corpse of Rudy Gay ~$30M over 2

Wasted the mid-level exception on Trey Lyles

Drafted Luka Samanic, a dud, at #19

Drafted Weatherspoon who is no longer even in the NBA

It's almost impressive how poorly that was managed. The only good thing we did was draft KJ at 29
    I can’t hate on the Marcus Morris signing. He was EXACTLY what we needed at the time and would have slipped between LMA/DDR at the starting 4 seamlessly. Unfortunate cir stances and he was a for doing it but also got double the money to go play in NY/LA and get an even bigger bag the following year. If anything I like that we actually went after a semi knucklehead who can play and add toughness.

That was the subsequent trade deadline we should have started breaking it down though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mathurin, Davis, Duren, Or sharpe! Make it happen Wright!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan needs to be the pick for looking like Demolition Man era Wesley Snipes tbh. My man.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Sochan more as our pick now that I see that suit

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs will have more talent ...

The Austin Spurs

Thread Information