Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1686
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another solid game for Kyle. He has been so consistent during this stretch.

He is a big part of why our record is what it is, I think you could go as far as saying he has been our second best player with the absence of Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have changed my opinions on Kyle next summer, I used to doubt he would be back, but now I think the team and him will find a way to make it work. He has too much of an unselfish Spur mentality and his style wouldn't necessarily be appreciated everywhere. He still has to go out and earn his contract through good play in the regular season and playoffs, but I tend to think Spurs value him and vice versa and they will make it work. It doesn't matter what Rudy does or not. Marriage of team and player is happening this season (I am being poetic to add some humor)

Obviously Spurs are aware that they have to respect him as a FA in the summer, laughable offers will be rebuffed (Buford acknowledge he's placed himself in a good position) but he won't be outrageously expensive. I do tend to think he will be back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Bruno Passos at Pounding on the Rock:
    Slow Mo’s impact on defense

With four more steals tonight, Anderson now has 11 total over the last three games. Before the game, Pop likened the forward to “a utility infielder in baseball. He does a little bit of everything.” That includes bolstering one of the league’s best defenses, not only with his rebounding but his ability to get in passing lanes and create turnovers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well call me when Kyle blossoms in the playoffs in the playoffs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well call me when Kyle blossoms in the playoffs in the playoffs.

a reference to the next playoffs?
    I expect Kyle to show up tbh. Have been saying so since the summer. He's going to get paid and isn't going to shrink in the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

a reference to the next playoffs?
    I expect Kyle to show up tbh. Have been saying so since the summer. He's going to get paid and isn't going to shrink in the moment.
    A reference to all the dumbasses who didn't know Kyle has already played well in the playoffs and who are clinging to that belief to ignore the reality of what we're seeing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A reference to all the dumbasses who didn't know Kyle has already played well in the playoffs and who are clinging to that belief to ignore the reality of what we're seeing.
    oh ok.. thanks.
    sorry I got confused. I didn't understand if you were humorous or not

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that mean? You play someone with no athletic ability consistently for 4 years then he can play in the most athletic, skilled league in the world? Pretty much sums up what ive been posting that you disagree with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What does that mean? You play someone with no athletic ability consistently for 4 years then he can play in the most athletic, skilled league in the world? Pretty much sums up what ive been posting that you disagree with.
    You’re such an idiot. Tim Duncan could barely jump over a phone book. What he had was very long arms, and a marvelous feel for the game. Kyle has those same attributes. He’s one of the best defenders on the team. Even with limited athleticism, he still got ELEVEN steals in 3 games.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re such an idiot. Tim Duncan could barely jump over a phone book. What he had was very long arms, and a marvelous feel for the game. Kyle has those same attributes. He’s one of the best defenders on the team. Even with limited athleticism, he still got ELEVEN steals in 3 games.
    .... really?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the same age Tim had elite lateral quickness and athleticism Kyle can only dream of. You're comparing his athleticism to an old Tim Duncan.

Anyway, I don't disagree with anything you said, it just irritates me when people keep saying TD was not athletic. I know you probably know he was, but a lot of new fans don't, and I don't like them believing that he never was athletic. I wish I could have seen Tim Duncan's late career Bball IQ, feel and passion for the game paired with his younger body when he was still athletic. That would be a top 2 or 3 player of all time. I still rate him top 5, but more people would have noticed if he still had that athleticism.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hes Bird, now hes Duncan.....what happened to the Magic comparisons???

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nah.. he's the first and only Kyle Anderson ever. Didn't have a good game in this one, but what I consider a bad game, wasn't a terrible game statistically.... just unlikely for him to be drawing so much foul trouble and he wasn't on offensively. It was a blip, but not a horror.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He did get robbed on one call and it lit a fire under him, which he needed. He looked like he can look sometimes though, too much improvisation. Having said that, we won so no need to be urgent and no need for him to be good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At the same age Tim had elite lateral quickness and athleticism Kyle can only dream of. You're comparing his athleticism to an old Tim Duncan.

Anyway, I don't disagree with anything you said, it just irritates me when people keep saying TD was not athletic. I know you probably know he was, but a lot of new fans don't, and I don't like them believing that he never was athletic. I wish I could have seen Tim Duncan's late career Bball IQ, feel and passion for the game paired with his younger body when he was still athletic. That would be a top 2 or 3 player of all time. I still rate him top 5, but more people would have noticed if he still had that athleticism.
    Well said. People need to watch his college footage and pre injury nba footage.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    23 min 5pts 4reb?? Lol
    but but he's bird,duncan,Hakeem,magic,Jordan and rasho nesterovic all rolled into one..lol gtfoh!
    This scrub shouldn't be in the same breath with legends..

The end is near.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    23 min 5pts 4reb?? Lol
    but but he's bird,duncan,Hakeem,magic,Jordan and rasho nesterovic all rolled into one..lol gtfoh!
    This scrub shouldn't be in the same breath with legends..

The end is near.
    Don't you dare bring Rasho into this.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol Im sorry!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Tim wasnt athletic he was smart. He was instinctual. He had positioning not quickness.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i think you missed the point, the point is that kyle can at least aspire to post 2012 Duncan level of defensiveness and be a big net positive. Whether you disagree with the premise the point is that long arms and good team defense is a pretty good combo to have. Athleticism is really nothing unless you can be smart about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His consistency has been remarkable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your sig is alltime great

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your sig is alltime great
    Credit goes to TheDoctor.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim wasnt athletic he was smart. He was instinctual. He had positioning not quickness.
    Have you not watched him in his younger days at all? He did have very good/great lateral quickness for a big man and he could jump. He couldn't jump as high as say someone like Amare, but TD was a superior defender than Amare ever was due to him having great lateral quickness for a big man.
    Last edited by Ice009; 12-02-2017 at 09:31 PM.

Thread Information