Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ratings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember when that was yalls go to card to troll Spurs fans?

Felicitaciones, Rigoberto

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Remember when that was yalls go to card to troll Spurs fans?

Felicitaciones, Rigoberto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I missed the post game show. Did they all gather together and piss on an American flag?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I missed the post game show. Did they all gather together and piss on an American flag?
    lol

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pretty sad when you consider that BYU v La. Tech was a blowout.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bubble sham le no one cared about will be interesting on anyone watched last pm.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitter Spurs fans resorting to hypocrisy to attempt to downplay this because they don't like that the big, dark, unapologetically powerful black man won.

These cuckolds were too busy slobbering right along with the Stockholm syndrome Raptors fans last season to realize that was as tainted as it gets.

Say what you want about the way Davis went about it, in the end the Pelicans received a commensurate return for a player of his magnitude, the Lakers were flawed and undertalented and the "bubble" was fair for everyone.

What wasn't, was the last MVP caliber player to be traded intentionally destroying his value to the point where an iteration of a team formed that otherwise never would have existed.

First legit champions in 4 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol rioting during a pandemic

lol *

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The NBA Finals game itself, starting at 7:30 p.m. ET, averaged a 2.1/11 and 5.6 million viewers"

Yuck.. League needs rule changes. Player salaries will be going down with those numbers.. Lockout possibly after 2023.. Ratings better go up..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bitter Spurs fans resorting to hypocrisy to attempt to downplay this because they don't like that the big, dark, unapologetically powerful black man won.

These cuckolds were too busy slobbering right along with the Stockholm syndrome Raptors fans last season to realize that was as tainted as it gets.

Say what you want about the way Davis went about it, in the end the Pelicans received a commensurate return for a player of his magnitude, the Lakers were flawed and undertalented and the "bubble" was fair for everyone.

What wasn't, was the last MVP caliber player to be traded intentionally destroying his value to the point where an iteration of a team formed that otherwise never would have existed.

Legit le what a joke! Undertalented with 2 superstars and still took 6 games to beat an injured JV lite team despite 8 on 5?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/sun...ip-1234793078/

And that's with the league's marquee team and player in the Finals. Covid to blame? Some people turned off by BLM? Combination of both?

I think it goes deeper than that. Using this forum as barometer, we've seen many of the usual NBA fans no longer post much about the sport. Mav Crew, HarlemHeat, among many others, despite them being active in the NFL forum, political forum and such. Lefty might've jokingly predicted it with today's NBA, but I think he was on to something. The modern game centered around 3 pointers and fouls is uninteresting, with the league doing everything and anything to accelerate pace even more, with re ed rules like a 14 second shot clock after an offensive rebound. It's obvious the league's strategy is to appeal to teenagers on twitter, since the modern product is producing more "highlights" than ever before, which are easily shared on social media. Not to mention their courting of "twitter drama," which also appeals to teenagers and man-children. The NBA is the only league I know of to have articles about "what storylines to watch out for this season."

Those factors have personally turned me off the NBA, but what's also accelerated my disinterest is how star-centric the sport is (or always was). Maybe I never fully realized it or admitted it, but the amount of in-game impact a single player has in the sport is ridiculous. Lebron in the Finals 10 times with 3 different teams. NBA team building philosophy is basically, "sign a couple of stars, make playoffs. Sign Lebron, make Finals." This makes team building and player development also uninteresting, and as fans, you're either hoping to make a splash by signing a top 5 player or pray the ping-pong balls bounce in your favor. If that doesn't happen, your team has no chance to do much of anything, and usually for decades. In other sports, you're not tied to stars this way. Patrick Mahomes still needs a line and a defense. Mike Trout will get about the same number of at bats as the 9 hitter. Hockey stars only play about 30 minutes out of 60.

The Covid and Black Lives Matter situations are partly to blame I'm sure, but I think the declining ratings might point to a larger issue with the sport/league that has turned off many core fans.
    Lakers are still very popular, mid

Ratings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers bandwagon fans buying sham *bubble le gear what does it have a Mickey Mouse Logo? Farce to celebrate this garbage.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Lakers bandwagon fans buying sham *bubble le gear what does it have a Mickey Mouse Logo? Farce to celebrate this garbage.
    They all played in the same conditions. A le is a le.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Legit le what a joke! Undertalented with 2 superstars and still took 6 games to beat an injured JV lite team despite 8 on 5?
    I guess the rest of the roster doesn't count.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We won a le in a lockout short year that Phil A-Hole Jackson termed to be an asterisk season.. Mostly because he didn't win it.. Same conditions so it all counts the same..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They all played in the same conditions. A le is a le.
    Exactly.. Clippers were supposed to be the team to beat.. Came to the Bubble and choked their asses off..

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

PLEASE TELL ‘EM HOW YOU’LL STILL BE FURIOUS ABOUT GETTING DUMPED BY KIWI 4 YEARS LATER WHILE HE’S CASHING HIS 10-YEAR MAX!

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The NBA Finals game itself, starting at 7:30 p.m. ET, averaged a 2.1/11 and 5.6 million viewers"

Yuck.. League needs rule changes. Player salaries will be going down with those numbers.. Lockout possibly after 2023.. Ratings better go up..
    ohh nooooo....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t give a . But you know they won’t accept it. They’ll end up in a one year battle over wanting to see all of the financial records. That’s how the game is played with these unions. These television ratings are incredibly alarming. 6 million viewers for the NBA finals. Years ago in 2003 the San Antonio Spurs got 9 million viewers and everyone said that was deplorable. In 2013

26 million people watch the game seven of the NBA finals.

This is bad.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t give a . But you know they won’t accept it. They’ll end up in a one year battle over wanting to see all of the financial records. That’s how the game is played with these unions. These television ratings are incredibly alarming. 6 million viewers for the NBA finals. Years ago in 2003 the San Antonio Spurs got 9 million viewers and everyone said that was deplorable. In 2013

26 million people watch the game seven of the NBA finals.

This is bad.
    yea, i know. The ratings were just pathetic, for the whole playoffs really. I think bringing the politics in the NBA didn't help at all, also the bubble kinda is not that interesting to some. We will see next year how the ratings will be without any of the politics (if Silver was not just saying bs) and with games being played in arenas with at least some crowd. If they go up by just a little or stay the same, then yea, the lockdown is near.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yea, i know. The ratings were just pathetic, for the whole playoffs really. I think bringing the politics in the NBA didn't help at all, also the bubble kinda is not that interesting to some. We will see next year how the ratings will be without any of the politics (if Silver was not just saying bs) and with games being played in arenas with at least some crowd. If they go up by just a little or stay the same, then yea, the lockdown is near.
    I think it’s the politics more than anything. When the Milwaukee Bucks refused to play I was pissed off, and a lot of people around here scolded me not being more sensitive or whatever to the cause. But I think for the majority they just want them to play basketball. They don’t care about the rest.

Thread Information