Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demar had more turnovers than made shots

some of y'all didn't wanna trade him last season
    We did want to trade him.
    Just not for your boy CP3 or Westbrook.

And i'm not even talking about CP3's or Westbrook's value or contract.
    But we have a Point Guard.His name is DeJounte Murray.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope this doesn't hurt Lonnie's confidence. He worked his ass all summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow, ugly as game, but that's okay. A lot of growth to come. It took the team a while last year to start gelling. Murray needs to tighten the handles, but looks great. Once DDR settled down, he was a good facilitator. Lyle actually impressed me. He could be a good platoon guy, especially if he can clean the boards.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, without LMA this team has no credible big man. Derozan's inability to play offball is gonna handicap the squad. Imagine if we had a true floor spacer like Beal in his place.
    LMA can't score consistently unless we run the LMA offense which is everyone standing around doing nothing and watching him...

He can't do simple things like catch it and pass to an open man...or really pass the ball at all...he doesn't step out to the 3 point line to create space for a driving guard...or really make himself presentable to a driving guard in any way shape or form...

He doesn't really catch and shoot anymore...

I'm not a Derozan fan but I am not worried about him playing within the flow of the offense...looked bad for 3 quarters but he will figure it out...he had times when he was deadly last year if you surrounded him with shooters...

Here is a question...when was the last time we got an open 3 off a LMA double team?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker taking Beli's minutes is inevitable. Spurs wouldn't have shut him down early in SL if they were planning on stashing him at the end of the bench or in G League all year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As brutal as third bigs have been over the past few years (the Ayres and Lauvergnes of the world), Lyles looks like a real contributor. Yes, it’s early but a much much better fit. He can actually play the sport.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lordy, if DJ is even 75% as good against real teams as he was tonight, the Spurs might have signed the best contract in the league, dollar for dollar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walker taking Beli's minutes is inevitable. Spurs wouldn't have shut him down early in SL if they were planning on stashing him at the end of the bench or in G League all year.
    This I believe.

but it’s a matter of when and how many games is it going to take before pop finally makes the switch

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    We did want to trade him.
    Just not for your boy CP3 or Westbrook.

And i'm not even talking about CP3's or Westbrook's value or contract.
    But we have a Point Guard.His name is DeJounte Murray.
    spurs would be better with cp3 or WB instead of demar. WB is shooting guard... and even though cp3 is a pure PG, he wouldn't get in the way of murray / and he would make the spurs' offense pretty.

i'd do demar, patty, rudy, 1st round pick for cp3 and adams.

cp3 / murray / someone / la / adams

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you not read the rest of the post? Triggered, tbh.
    Like I said before stop being obsessed with #2. There is a separate thread for that bs. Spurs won and you still had to bring up the clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This team ing sucks. I hope we don’t make the playoffs and Pop finally retires at the end of the season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trey Lyles.

Looks like that next Spurs player who gets so much PT, but literally does nothing. Looks slow. Not aggressive on offense or defense. But manages to win Pop over for some reason.

Reminds me of a less aggressive Kyle Anderson. The 2019 version of Dante Cunningham. Or Austin Daye.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really encouraging game from Lyles. Nice job on the glass and a solid presence down low on both ends. He has plenty of room to grow too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said before stop being obsessed with #2. There is a separate thread for that bs. Spurs won and you still had to bring up the clippers.
    "but a dub is a dub and it feels good to do it in our You Morris game. It's a marathon not a sprint, tbh."

Reading is fundamental. Straight triggered, tbh. Enjoy the win and stop cherry-picking with fellow Spurs fans.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really encouraging game from Lyles. Nice job on the glass and a solid presence down low on both ends. He has plenty of room to grow too.
    i really liked Lyles game as well. Solid role playing. He's much more mobile and versatile than Poetl and can do the same things offensively. So far he fits the starting lineup and allows poodle to dominate benches with a more pass friendly bench unit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interested in how the following shakes out tbh....

-How long can Pop keep Murray/White from sharing the court
    -How long can Pop keep playing his guy Beli and keep a legit NBA player / potential stud in Lonnie handing out gatorades
    -Lamarcus and Poetl can't play together, which sucks cuz I think Jak should get more than 15mins a game
    -How many games will it take for Pop/Spurfan to realize that Trey Lyles sucks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i really liked Lyles game as well. Solid role playing. He's much more mobile and versatile than Poetl and can do the same things offensively. So far he fits the starting lineup and allows poodle to dominate benches with a more pass friendly bench unit.
    He may very well prove to be more valuable to us than Bertans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs would be better with cp3 or WB instead of demar. WB is shooting guard... and even though cp3 is a pure PG, he wouldn't get in the way of murray / and he would make the spurs' offense pretty.

i'd do demar, patty, rudy, 1st round pick for cp3 and adams.

cp3 / murray / someone / la / adams
    WB is a guard that can't shoot the ball effectively from long range.WB and Murray cannot be on the floor together.Plus he's too expensive.

CP3 would probably make the Spurs a better team this year instead of DeMar.This year.
    The next two years in 2021 and 2022,that $42M per would destroy our cap space.We didn't get the Murray bargain of a contract to overpay CP3.

(And in your scenario i'd want CP3 and Gallo,not CP3 and Adams)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don't understand why Murray & White wouldn't be on the floor together as your two best defenders when you have the lead late in the 4th...

It's like Pop has a rule now that there must be at least one poor defender on the court at all times.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "but a dub is a dub and it feels good to do it in our You Morris game. It's a marathon not a sprint, tbh."

Reading is fundamental. Straight triggered, tbh. Enjoy the win and stop cherry-picking with fellow Spurs fans.
    You brought up the Clippers in your original post. It's obvious you are obsessed with #2. If you weren't you wouldn't have said anything about the Clippers in your post. I just find it pathetic that's why I pointed it out.

foaming at the nostrils raybies's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He may very well prove to be more valuable to us than Bertans.
    Love Bertans but he is a tweener in a bad way. He's a one trick pony albeit elite at it but Lyles can actually defend and has some switch ability. If you won't buy that take then here's this one... he's a much better rebounder. Bertans was near the bottom in that regard. Today Lyles had what 11? If he can just hit around league average at three and that's a stretch, he could be a serious piece moving forward. If not, soon enough teams are gonna start cheating a lot and hurt his chances at playing more with the starting 5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Still don't understand why Murray & White wouldn't be on the floor together as your two best defenders when you have the lead late in the 4th...

It's like Pop has a rule now that there must be at least one poor defender on the court at all times.
    its sickening

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And both Murray and White are both trying to prove that they can make long distance shots consistently too. Playing them together is a sign telling them that they can be trusted on both ends and not be some kind of liability. They have to be given that chance eventually.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You brought up the Clippers in your original post. It's obvious you are obsessed with #2. If you weren't you wouldn't have said anything about the Clippers in your post. I just find it pathetic that's why I pointed it out.
    It's pathetic to want to measure your team against the presumed best team in the league?! Ok, dude...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lyles was decent but lacks some fundamentals... Some boneheaded plays like that moving screen and dumb reach in. Other than that he seems to be at the right place at the right time most of the time. If he can work on better defensive positioning and putting his arms up over defenders in the post... He will be a really good role player.

Thread Information