Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump plans over 100 pardons on his last day in office

amid reports his allies are selling them

"a mixture of more controversial pardons to white-collar criminals, some high-profile rappers, some of the president's political allies."

didn't say whether or not Trump and his family will be among the pardons.

To issue a pardon, however, Trump would have to outline the crimes he and his family committed in specific detail.

It's unclear how many of Trump's pardons will stand,

as each
    will likely be investigated for potential bribery.

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-final-pardons-bribery/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just proves you're in a cult.
    But he’s lying.

Most polls that arent re ed like Rasmussen have his approvals in the low 30s.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Is on the Verge of Losing Everything

But now, finally, the end is at hand.

Beyond that looming defeat, he is undergoing a cascading sequence of

political,
    financial, and
    legal setbacks

that ulatively spell utter ruin.

Trump is not only losing his job but quite possibly everything else.

One crisis, though the most opaque, concerns Trump’s business.

Many of his sources of income are drying up, either owing to the coronavirus pandemic or, more often, his toxic public image.

cancellations of

partnerships with New York City government,
    three banks,
    the PGA Championship, and
    a real-estate firm that handled many of his leasing agreements.

Meanwhile, he faces the closure of many of his hotels.

And he is staring down two defamation lawsuits.

Oh, and Trump has to repay, over the next four years, more than

$300 million in outstanding loans he personally guaranteed.

Trump reportedly plans to pardon himself along with a very broad swath of his hangers-on.

But a pardon hardly solves his problems.

For one thing, a federal pardon is useless against state-level crimes.

For another, the self-pardon is a theoretical maneuver that’s never been tested, and it’s not clear whether the courts will agree it is even possible to do so.

a pardon might cons ute an admission of guilt, which could open up Trump to more private lawsuits.

Remember how O. J. Simpson was ordered to pay $34 million to the families of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman, even after he beat the murder rap?

Trump does not want to resign, in part because he doesn’t trust his vice-president to pardon him

what has happened to Trump in the weeks since the election, and especially since the insurrection, is that

he has been stripped of his elite impunity.

The displays of renunciation by corporate donors and Republican officials, even if they lack concrete authority,

have sent a clear message about Donald Trump’s place in American society.

. McConnell probably won’t push for Trump’s conviction in a second impeachment trial, but he does wish to disqualify Trump from holding office

if McConnell sees Trump as a liability for the party and the conservative movement,

the ideologue judges he helped install just might see it the same way.

Trump will be staving off lawsuits, state prosecutions, and possibly federal prosecutions.

He needs help from the courts, and

the reserves of latent deference and sympathy he might have counted on to save him will be exhausted.

His business is floundering,

his partners are fleeing,

his loans are delinquent,

prosecutors will be coming after him, and

the legal impunity he enjoyed through his office will be gone.

He will be walking naked into a cold and friendless world.

What appeared to be a brilliant strategy for escaping consequences was merely a tactic for putting them off.

The bill is coming due.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/01/donald-trump-after-presidency.html

Will Vlad come to his puppet's rescue?

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-19-2021 at 12:10 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    First loser party

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    William Barr warned Trump his 'clownish' legal team was lying to him about voter fraud

ate last year reportedly warned President Donald Trump that his efforts to overturn the 2020 election were doomed to fail, and

that his legal team was lying to him about widespread voter fraud.

https://www.rawstory.com/bill-barr-2650010497

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump has turned the GOP into a 'circus tent' full of racists and QAnon kooks

former Republican Matt Lewis lamented

even with Trump on his way out the door, the party may never recover from the damage he did.

the post-Trump GOP is now home to people obsessed with believing they are being victimized.

the GOP largely became a white iden y politics party.

the default party for non-college-education white people.

Racial and cultural iden y supplanted ideas, philosophy, or other forms of iden y."

, Trump was a Trojan Horse who snuck insurgents inside the GOP tent.

"What is clear is that the influx of Trump voters into the GOP,

coupled with his
    capture of formerly normal Republicans,

will make it difficult, if not impossible, to restore the party and the conservative movement to its more sane, more decent, pre-Trump standing."

the flood of newcomers have embraced a "personal sense of victimhood" that is both "un-Christian and unconservative," before adding,

"So our best hope may be that voters turned on by Trump will simply drop out of politics."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-qanon-2650010525

So we have the Repug party, degraded by Trash and his cult mob, is now the key to any hope for USA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans Will Try to Pretend Like Trump Never Happened

A collective case of amnesia will begin to set in the moment the president leaves office.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2021/01/republicans-are-already-rewriting-trump-years/617715/

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giuliani Thinks Trump Should Just Tell The Senate
    Why He Ordered The Code Red

Giuliani
    confirmed with ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl that he was working on Trump's defense, and it's a doozy. He's prepared to argue that Trump's pre-siege speech didn't cons ute incitement to violence, because Trump's fascist Big Lie about winning an election he lost is true!

"They basically claimed that anytime [Trump] says voter fraud, voter fraud -- or I do, or anybody else -- we're inciting to violence; that those words are fighting words because it's totally untrue," [Giuliani] said. "Well, if you can prove that it's true, or at least true enough so it's a legitimate viewpoint, then they are no longer fighting words."

Giuliani laughably argued that Trump's second impeachment isn't even legal and should be dismissed outright like a common Kraken suit.

"If they decide to bring it to a trial, he should move to dismiss the impeachment as entirely illegal. That it was the only impeachment ever done in what, two days, three days," Giuliani told ABC News. "We would say to the court, 'You are now permitting in the future, basically in two days, the Congress can just impeach on anything they want to."

Not to get all originalist on Giuliani's scraggly ass, but the Cons ution says nothing about an appropriate timeframe for impeachment.
    Article II, Section 4 says simply: "The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors."

He went on to claim that if “[incitement] is going to happen, it's got to happen right away."

This argument is
    unsupported by the actual events of January 6.

The mob had grown violent, storming the outer barricade of the Capitol,
    during Trump's speech.

The thugs had overtaken the police and made their way up the Capitol steps just 20 minutes after Trump said,

"If you don't fight ... you're not going to have a country anymore."

They'd breached the Capitol when

Trump tweeted that Mike Pence didn't have the “courage" to unilaterally reject the electors.

Late Sunday, Karl reported that

Giuliani
    apparently realized he was present at the pre-siege rally, where he delivered a bonkers speech about “trial by combat."

That makes him a witness and “unable to participate" in the Senate trial.

https://www.wonkette.com/giuliani-th...d-the-code-red

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "some people" want Biden, it's his right, do deny Trash's access to security info, access which is usually granted to normal ex-Presidents.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donald Trump has turned the GOP into a 'circus tent' full of racists and QAnon kooks

former Republican Matt Lewis lamented

even with Trump on his way out the door, the party may never recover from the damage he did.

the post-Trump GOP is now home to people obsessed with believing they are being victimized.

the GOP largely became a white iden y politics party.

the default party for non-college-education white people.

Racial and cultural iden y supplanted ideas, philosophy, or other forms of iden y."

, Trump was a Trojan Horse who snuck insurgents inside the GOP tent.

"What is clear is that the influx of Trump voters into the GOP,

coupled with his
    capture of formerly normal Republicans,

will make it difficult, if not impossible, to restore the party and the conservative movement to its more sane, more decent, pre-Trump standing."

the flood of newcomers have embraced a "personal sense of victimhood" that is both "un-Christian and unconservative," before adding,

"So our best hope may be that voters turned on by Trump will simply drop out of politics."

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-qanon-2650010525

So we have the Repug party, degraded by Trash and his cult mob, is now the key to any hope for USA.

What a lie from a scoundrel.

the people that think for these people have been doing this for decades. They were conditioned by listening to Limbaugh, hannity, o’reilly, etc to believe they were the actual persecuted. They have literally been training people to ignore their eyes and ears for decades. Lewis was a big part of the con, he just said it nicer.

Those news actors floated up that balloon long long ago. Nonsense for the crazies like q is just the natural evolution.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Attorney Roberta Kaplan is about to make Trump’s life extremely difficult

On the other side of Donald Trump’s turbulent presidency, the lawyers are waiting.

a civil probe by New York Attorney General Le ia James,

a criminal probe by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., and

a federal probe by acting U.S. Attorney for D.C. Michael Sherwin

...that may include Trump’s role in the catastrophic storming of the U.S. Capitol this month.

already pending for the soon-to-be South Florida retiree is

a trio of lawsuits that allege defamation, fraud and more fraud — all of which are helmed by one attorney.

Kaplan’s clients include

writer
    E. Jean Carroll, who filed a defamation case after Trump claimed she was “totally lying” about her allegation that he raped her a quarter-century ago in a Bergdorf Goodman dressing room, and

niece Mary L. Trump, who claims that Trump and two of his siblings deprived her of an inheritance worth millions.

Kaplan is a brash and original strategist, with neither a gift for patience nor silence, a crusader for underdogs who has won almost every legal accolade imaginable.

“has been indispensable in the fight against the cancer of hate and division that Trump spent four years exacerbating.”

long worked as a top commercial litigator at Paul, Weiss, one of the nation’s preeminent firms, where the fees tend to be if-you-have-to-ask-you-surely-can’t-afford-us.

Kaplan has initiated a constellation of cases against powerful, often intimidating forces:

white supremacists,
    major Hollywood players,
    the president of the United States.

Legal writer Dahlia Lithwick calls her “an attorney general for the resistance.”

In a really disarming way, she doesn’t care if people view her as hyperaggressive

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/roberta-kaplan-lawyer-attorney-trump/2021/01/17/ae8890f2-50f8-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html

Will the Dems load up their Senate trial team with Kaplans, or a bunch of feckless milquetoasts?

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-19-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dominion told MyPillow to preserve all do entation for the suit to follow soon.

MyPillow swallowed Trash's BigLie and will now pay for being so ing stupid.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump Humiliates Himself By Desperately Trying To Boost The Crowd Size For His Farewell Ceremony

Donald Trump’s staff is sending out mass emails to and allowing people to bring up to five guests as they are trying to boost attendance at his farewell ceremony.

Some recipients have been surprised the invite offered them five guests.

https://www.politicususa.com/2021/01/18/trump-farewell-ceremony-crowd.html

I think Trash has also ordered some military to be there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost done with this criminal traitor lying corrupt fat turd!

GTFO!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    November third

we flushed the turd!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    33 iconic photos of the Trump presidency that will go down in history

https://www.businessinsider.com/best...he-election-33

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Shunning

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    You never know with Cocaine Mitch, but his speech on the senate floor today definitely isn’t good news for Trump re: his impeachment

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Convicting Trash could be part of Repugs LYING that Trash wasn't ever "one of us", an interloper, to be forgotten quickly

McConnell, weighing impeachment vote, says mob that assaulted the Capitol was ‘provoked by the president.’

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01...-the-president

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You never know with Cocaine Mitch, but his speech on the senate floor today definitely isn’t good news for Trump re: his impeachment

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

what about muh unity ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When do you guys think Melania will file for divorce?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moscow mitch is one sneaky treacherous muther wad

but this is a nail in the coffin of MAGA traitor fat kunt

Thread Information