Page 2013 of 2100 FirstFirst ... 1013151319131963200320092010201120122013201420152016201720232063 ... LastLast
Results 50,301 to 50,325 of 52486
    My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    yep. next, to be determined if the court of appeals will even agree to take up the writ... and then how they would rule

the law seems pretty clear that sullivan has some discretion, though. i dont know if this amounts to an abuse of discretion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Informative thread

a lot of that is somewhat dramatized imo, but yes at this stage its probably the best sign that the appellate judge is actually conflicted over this. doesnt necessarily mean he is leaning in any particular direction.

absolutely correct that most writs are summarily denied (both writs i have filed were summarily denied), and the mere decision to take it on is a big relief for Flynn. i dont think ordering sullivan to submit a response is really that alarming

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    a lot of that is somewhat dramatized imo, but yes at this stage its probably the best sign that the appellate judge is actually conflicted over this. doesnt necessarily mean he is leaning in any particular direction.

absolutely correct that most writs are summarily denied (both writs i have filed were summarily denied), and the mere decision to take it on is a big relief for Flynn. i dont think ordering sullivan to submit a response is really that alarming
    How long you been practicing?

“In more than 30 years of practicing law, almost exclusively in federal courts, I have never seen a federal appeals court direct a district court judge to personally respond to a litigant’s motion, pe ion, or appeal.”

“Wow. I have never seen an appellate court direct a district court judge to file a response to a mandamus. This is extraordinary.”
    https://www.mcadoolaw.com/

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

“In more than 30 years of practicing law, almost exclusively in federal courts, I have never seen a federal appeals court direct a district court judge to personally respond to a litigant’s motion, pe ion, or appeal.”

“Wow. I have never seen an appellate court direct a district court judge to file a response to a mandamus. This is extraordinary.”
    Have you ever seen the prosecution drop a case during sentencing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i haven't been practicing all that long, about 2.5 years tbh

but i dont deal with federal appeals, so admittedly out of my domain. if its specifically about the judge's supposed abuse of discretion i would imagine this is the expected result. usually in an appeal or writ the parties at the trial level are adversarial... so if the defendant pursued a writ the prosecutor would be opposing it

this situation is different because neither of the parties are the natural opposition, so it really has to be the judge. most cases dont have the 2 parties in agreement with the judge standing in the way, which is why i dont see it as particularly striking. the dynamic of 2 parties agreeing with the judge is the barrier is almost certainly unusual, so i would imagine a lot of what's going on is uncommon. that doenst mean sullivan being ordered to oppose the writ is unexpected given the dynamic at hand

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean, pence confirmed that Flynn lied to him. just because it was at the direction of somebody else, it wouldnt change that
    Eh, that's fair.

Presuming the bona fides of Mike Pence is a big a for me, I guess in the absence of evidence Pence lied about tje situation, we have to assume he might not have. What Flynn was aiming at was. This was not a complixated deal, or even a well hidden one. completely conaistent with the established pattern of being conciliatory toward the GRU.

This was not aome complicated, hard to understand deal. Ot was not even particularly well hidden.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DC Court of Appeals good for now... we'll see in 10 days...

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    i haven't been practicing all that long, about 2.5 years tbh

but i dont deal with federal appeals, so admittedly out of my domain. if its specifically about the judge's supposed abuse of discretion i would imagine this is the expected result. usually in an appeal or writ the parties at the trial level are adversarial... so if the defendant pursued a writ the prosecutor would be opposing it

this situation is different because neither of the parties are the natural opposition, so it really has to be the judge. most cases dont have the 2 parties in agreement with the judge standing in the way, which is why i dont see it as particularly striking. the dynamic of 2 parties agreeing with the judge is the barrier is almost certainly unusual, so i would imagine a lot of what's going on is uncommon. that doenst mean sullivan being ordered to oppose the writ is unexpected given the dynamic at hand

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    Eh, that's fair.

Presuming the bona fides of Mike Pence is a big a for me, I guess in the absence of evidence Pence lied about tje situation, we have to assume he might not have. What Flynn was aiming at was. This was not a complixated deal, or even a well hidden one. completely conaistent with the established pattern of being conciliatory toward the GRU.

This was not aome complicated, hard to understand deal. Ot was not even particularly well hidden.
    My copy/paste phone/pdf looks as good as your drunken reply
    Nor was anything said on the calls themselves to indicate an inappropriate relationship betweenMr.Flynnand a foreign power. Indeed,Mr.Flynn’srequest that Russia avoid “escalating”tensionsinresponsetoU.S.sanctionsinane fforttomollifygeopoliticaltensions was consistent with him advocatingfor,not against,the interestsof the UnitedStates.

https://int.nyt.com/data/do enthel...mized/full.pdf

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    DC Court of Appeals good for now... we'll see in 10 days...
    Sullivan got his slapped...there’s nothing more to see.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My copy/paste phone/pdf looks as good as your drunken reply
    Nor was anything said on the calls themselves to indicate an inappropriate relationship betweenMr.Flynnand a foreign power. Indeed,Mr.Flynn’srequest that Russia avoid “escalating”tensionsinresponsetoU.S.sanctionsinane fforttomollifygeopoliticaltensions was consistent with him advocatingfor,not against,the interestsof the UnitedStates.

https://int.nyt.com/data/do enthel...mized/full.pdf

hahahahahaha!

GTFO of here with that

flynn is saying to our sworn enemy: “ the usa president- we will NOT punish you or hold you responsible for attacking the usa- just chill and dont retaliate - and we will happily collude with you and drop those sanctions because you got trump elected!”

quid pro quo

ing disgusting traitor -

and you defend this

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    hahahahahaha!

GTFO of here with that

flynn is saying to our sworn enemy: “ the usa president- we will NOT punish you or hold you responsible for attacking the usa- just chill and dont retaliate - and we will happily collude with you and drop those sanctions because you got trump elected!”

quid pro quo

ing disgusting traitor -

and you defend this
    Flynn didn’t discuss sanctions. I thought you read the Mueller report 5-6 times.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flynn didn’t discuss sanctions. I thought you read the Mueller report 5-6 times.

ing idiot

so what was he asking kislyak to “not retaliate” from?

from obamas sanctions for their meddling

ing moron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He read the words "the Mueller report" 5 or 6 times.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    ing idiot

so what was he asking kislyak to “not retaliate” from?

from obamas sanctions for their meddling

ing moron
    Flynn asked them to respond proportionally to the 35 expelled Russians. You never read the Mueller report once let alone 5-6 times

Banned
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to prosecute to find out what's in it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flynn asked them to respond proportionally to the 35 expelled Russians. You never read the Mueller report once let alone 5-6 times
    yes he asked them to “not retaliate”

because obama expeled russians and placed sanctions on russian intelligence

ing misinformed

so obama sanctioned russia

which part of “obama sanctioned russia” are you ing confused about and think it is unrelated to sanctions?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

From the Mueller report;

On December 29, 2016, then-President Obama imposed sanctions on Russia for havinginterfered in the election. Incoming National Security Advisor Michael Flynn called RussianAmbassador Sergey Kislyak and asked Russia not to escalate the situation in response to thesanctions. The following day, Putin announced that Russia would not take retaliatory measures inresponse to the sanctions at that time. Hours later, President-Elect Trump tweeted, “Great moveon delay (by V. Putin).” The next day, on December 31, 2016, Kislyak called Flynn and told himthe request had been received at the highest levels and Russia had chosen not to retaliate as a resultof Flynn’s request.*

Is Mueller lying?

ing russian bot.
    Last edited by Spurs Homer; 05-21-2020 at 10:52 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Homer getting rekt

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs Homer getting rekt
    hey russian bots getting activated automatically!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol

comrade TSA ran away like a little after getting schooled on facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sullivan got his slapped...there’s nothing more to see.
    How?

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    From the Mueller report;

On December 29, 2016, then-President Obama imposed sanctions on Russia for havinginterfered in the election. Incoming National Security Advisor Michael Flynn called RussianAmbassador Sergey Kislyak and asked Russia not to escalate the situation in response to thesanctions. The following day, Putin announced that Russia would not take retaliatory measures inresponse to the sanctions at that time. Hours later, President-Elect Trump tweeted, “Great moveon delay (by V. Putin).” The next day, on December 31, 2016, Kislyak called Flynn and told himthe request had been received at the highest levels and Russia had chosen not to retaliate as a resultof Flynn’s request.*

Is Mueller lying?

ing russian bot.
    Not sure if he is lying but he was incorrect. Flynn asked them to respond proportionally to 35 expelled Russians, he didn't ask them to not respond to sanctions.

Mueller good now?

1. "The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

2. "The investigation examined whether [contacts between Russia and Trump figures] involved or resulted in coordination or a conspiracy with the Trump Campaign and Russia, including with respect to Russia providing assistance to the Campaign in exchange for any sort of favorable treatment in the future. Based on the available information, the investigation did not establish such coordination."

3. "The investigation did not establish that [Carter] Page coordinated with the Russian government in its efforts to interfere with the 2016 election."

4. "The Office did not identify evidence in those [contacts between Russians and people around Trump after the GOP convention] of coordination between the Campaign and the Russian government."

5. "The Office did not identify evidence of a connection between Manafort's sharing polling data and Russia's interference in the election ... [and] the investigation did not establish that Manafort otherwise coordinated with the Russian government on its election-interference efforts."

6. "The investigation did not establish that these [contacts between Russians and people around Trump during the transition] reflected or cons uted coordination between the Trump Campaign and Russia in its election interference activities."

7. "The investigation did not identify evidence that any U.S. persons conspired or coordinated with the [Russian disinformation campaign]."

And I'm still waiting for you to show me where Mueller was tasked to investigate the conspiracy of Manafort, Gates, Flynn, Page, and Papadopolous and told he could not charge them with conspiracy. Chop chop!

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You wouldn't understand as it's admittedly out of your domain.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You wouldn't understand as it's admittedly out of your domain.
    It's your domain, counselor.

Thread Information