Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One item under discussion by Senate GOP: Whether the November election needs 9 justices

While GOP Senate sources believe action on a nominee will likely wait until a post-election, lame-duck session of Congress, it's possible it could be moved up for this reason: The possibility of court fights over the election results and the need for nine justices on the court to resolve any disputes.

A GOP Senate source says this topic will be under discussion with senators as they decide whether to fast-track a nominee before November.

It typically takes two to three months to confirm a nominee. But that process could be sped up if Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has the votes to confirm a replacement.

Earlier this evening, McConnell said President Trump's nominee to fill her seat "will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    McConnell what a pos

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I would hate to be around ducks if Biden wins

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans voters will just give up on the party if these senators don't follow through. Not that they would care.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One item under discussion by Senate GOP: Whether the November election needs 9 justices

While GOP Senate sources believe action on a nominee will likely wait until a post-election, lame-duck session of Congress, it's possible it could be moved up for this reason: The possibility of court fights over the election results and the need for nine justices on the court to resolve any disputes.

A GOP Senate source says this topic will be under discussion with senators as they decide whether to fast-track a nominee before November.

It typically takes two to three months to confirm a nominee. But that process could be sped up if Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has the votes to confirm a replacement.

Earlier this evening, McConnell said President Trump's nominee to fill her seat "will receive a vote on the floor of the United States Senate."
    They're not going to wait till the election. I expect this thing to get done in the next two or three weeks. My only questions is if the republicans let him nominate Ivanka or another family member.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can get the need for 9 justices for election and get those people off board on

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans voters will just give up on the party if these senators don't follow through. Not that they would care.
    And become terrorists?

They sound like terrorists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no idea how reputable this is

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I'm relatively optimistic even though I have absolutely no reason to be.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You already know Romney will out. I could easily see a few more of these frauds coming through.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A Romney aid said it's not true on her twitter account so who knows?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He said he would not say anything about it tonight
    Tweet is false

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You already know Romney will out. I could easily see a few more of these frauds coming through.

The media and big tech are rigging the game. In a fair world waiting for the vote might make sense. We don't live in that world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Romney aid said it's not true on her twitter account so who knows?
    He said he would not say anything about it tonight
    Tweet is false
    yeah, glad i put that disclaimer up top

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wouldn't be all that surprising given Romney has been the only Republican to go against him in all the key votes so far in his tenure.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just seems like the better play is to use it as an election carrot. Then if the GOP still loses the Presidency and Senate, ram one through during the lame duck session.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Susan Collins should just come out and say she won’t vote to confirm until after Inauguration Day. Imo it would con a lot of Maine voters back into thinking she’s an independent. If she still loses she could still vote for the nominee in a lame duck session so she has nothing to lose.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So let's just assume the best case and Romney, Collins, Murkowski all refuse to confirm any pick before inauguration day. Then Pence casts the tiebreaker vote and Trump's pick is confirmed. This confirmation is happening, stop getting your hopes up it won't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The seat will get filled before the election one way or another so don't even waste your time thinking about it. Good night.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Just seems like the better play is to use it as an election carrot. Then if the GOP loses the Presidency and Senate, ram one through during the lame duck session.
    It’s going to be hard for them to set hearings between now and Election Day. McConnell has 20+ Republican Senators busy campaigning in their home state and a fair amount of them (including the chair of the judiciary committee) are in tight races. If they’re too aggressive it’s going to handicap them in important campaign races.

It’s also a guarantee that Collins loses if she participates in a confirmation at all. The only way they get her vote is in a lame duck session.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The seat will get filled before the election one way or another so don't even waste your time thinking about it. Good night.
    Good advice.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure what your point is tbh. Those comments aren't contradictory.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol

only in a hole country - "led" by a criminal traitor -

supported by a brainwashed cult - as 200,000 dead americans are turned into ashes -

would we ALL be like popcorn-eating zombie loony spectators - salivating over 3D politics -

while RBG's body is not even cold yet!

we are truly ed!

Thread Information