Page 124 of 141 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3523
    My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    thanks for confirming my analogy
    How so?

Football as a designated penalty taker, the nba doesn't have a designated free throw shooter (unless it's a technical) and still, the conversion rate is pretty much the same.

Logic dictates that the PK conversion rate would go down, if the player who drew the foul was the one taking the penalty.

Plus, you might want to revert to the article i've posted above, where it says PK conversion rate is down to 58% this World Cup

Just admit that your take of not counting PK's unless you drew the foul yourself is stupid. It's not a big deal, man.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Holy , I actually looked up the conversion rate of PK's in Qatar and it's down to 58% in this World Cup

From an article posted 4 days ago:

https://bolavip.com/en/qatar2022/Qat...1211-0035.html

Again, it's definitely tougher than it looks. Completely packed stadium, with your country on your back, elimination game. Percentages are bound to go down compared to your average league game.
    All those factors are the same as the last World Cup, tbh... I think the difference now is that teams have much more information about tendencies, etc.

Also, this World Cup being in the middle of soccer season, plenty of players pretty tired, and all these shootouts happen after extended time.

My Team
    FC Bayern Munich
    Post Count
    How so?

Football as a designated penalty taker, the nba doesn't have a designated free throw shooter and still, the conversion rate is pretty much the same.

Logic dictates that the PK conversion rate would go down, if the player who drew the foul was the one taking the penalty.

Plus, you might want to revert to the article i've posted above, where it says PK conversion rate is down to 58% this World Cup

Just admit that your take of not counting PK's unless you drew the foul yourself is stupid. It's not a big deal, man.
    you've basically proven that these designated PK takers are getting goals for converting a shot at the same rate as an average NBA free throw shooter. they're expected to score them and thats despite whether or not they're the player who earned them.

and how about a longer sample size than just this year's WC? how about more historical figures? if you go back to 1978, they're closer to 80% (i literally googled "world cup penalty conversion rate and this was the first article with historical data... https://theanalyst.com/na/2022/12/wo...uts-the-facts/)

and nah, my take is fine. players A/B/C create a viable scoring opportunity (or lets be real, get the ball into the box and then fall down grabbing their knee), and then player D comes in and makes a FT and he gets the credit for the goal on the leaderboards. i find that to be pretty stupid personally. ymmv

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    That’s far from given my fellow Slavic brother. The French have good chances too.
    Let's enjoy Barasch

Then "Hunter stew"

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    Holy , I actually looked up the conversion rate of PK's in Qatar and it's down to 58% in this World Cup

From an article posted 4 days ago:

https://bolavip.com/en/qatar2022/Qat...1211-0035.html

Again, it's definitely tougher than it looks. Completely packed stadium, with your country on your back, elimination game. Percentages are bound to go down compared to your average league game.

https://goalkeeper.com/news-and-medi...-the-world-cup

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    french team have MERS????

CAMEL ERS

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    french team have MERS????

CAMEL ERS
    Non issue tbh

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    I think only “designated” penalty kicker achieves 80% over time, someone like Ronaldo even 90%. But when it goes down to series of PK’s that’s much less and it hugely depends on the goal keeper too. My impression is technically superior team always win the penalty kick series.

Technical team is supposed to send a spy to trainings, and have checked where every players tends to kick the penalties, with the information available for the goal keeper.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    everybody on the team is sick… if Argentina lose dat

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    There goes that man again

pre-emptive excuses just in case

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    In other news, Mihajlovic passed away

Some ass clowns ob Twitter calling him a great man

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I read a third player (subs ute Kingsley Coman) caught it, but all three cases so far are mild and expected to recover in time. Unless the truth is radically different, France should not have any problems whatsoever.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    Honestly, all I'm worried about is containing Mbappé & Griezmann... Antoine is the closest to Messi in terms of his cerebral play and influence on his team. Argentina has conceded a HUGE amount of goals, relative to their rivals' opportunities. If that's the case against France we're toast because, although they may not dazzle you when you watch them play (even looking lackluster at times), they stab you at the first opportunity, and kill you off with their blazing speed and surgical precision when you're forced to give them space to operate. We can't afford to make any mistakes if we're to win.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    mild ... stop the excuses, tbh

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    2022 World Cup Champs: Camels

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    I doubt we'll have the privilege of watching Mbappé drift around the field, like it happened to Ronaldo (THE Ronaldo... the ONE and ONLY) due to some unspecified health condition, in the final game in France '98, that greatly helped the hosts lift the trophy.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    good luck to all ma nigas.

hopefully we see something close to this:

My Team
    Germany
    Post Count
    I hope Argentina gets an early lead so it’s interesting.

My Team
    Colombia
    Post Count
    I hope Argentina gets an early lead so it’s interesting.
    The whole game will be very interesting.

Both teams are good and dangerous.

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    FC Barcelona
    Post Count
    There goes that man again

pre-emptive excuses just in case
    Lefty, honest prediction? I fee weirdly good about this match but if France score first it could get ugly

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Lefty, honest prediction? I fee weirdly good about this match but if France score first it could get ugly
    Total neutral here maybe I lean a bit more towards Europe than others just because the PL and its fat TV contract in the US.

But Im hoping for Argentina.
    All in.
    And I got club players on both teams.
    Also I have no idea who will win.

I think France with all its injuries has done a fantastic job at bringing in fresh faces who can do the job
    And the older players have meshed well with the newer faces.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    France as rhey are rhe most complete team and have experience

But Messi has that fire in him, in this WC, he knows it’s probably his last chance to win it, he’s gonna have a great final.

Argentina is playing well as a team, it’s gonna be interesting to see if their fullbacks will make runs or stay back, they could take risks offensively and they must, but that will expose them to Mbappe’s turbo counter attacks

My Team
    FC Bayern Munich
    Post Count

Polish referee Marciniak might do the Finale

For the record Polska faced both finalist
    Polska also represented in final.

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    mild ... stop the excuses, tbh
    at one point you have to confess that France is totally depleted… even mild , one cannot afford not everybody at 100%. We are playing with a mix team, half of that team is made of subs utes. We are not playing against Morocco anymore lol

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    France was lucky Ronaldo Nazario wasn’t feeling well for the 98’ finals. At the time he was the Worlds best player with quite some difference.

Thread Information