View Poll Results: Do you want the Spurs to keep DeRozan after this season?

Voters
180. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

88 48.89%
  • No

92 51.11%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Team No DeRozan

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    every single person who voted yes has an emotional attachment they need to cut tbh. focus on the future instead of wanting to get embarrassed in the playoffs this year.

move him this season. if not, hope for a S&T.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you make a poll you have an option of letting everyone see who voted for what.

but OP didn’t enable it cause he’s a idiot.
    You've owned yourself enough on this site that it would be overkill for me to even insult you

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You've owned yourself enough on this site that it would be overkill for me to even insult you
    i’ve been saying to move demar and la for years. congrats on finally coming around.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    and try pointing out where i owned myself

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i wanted demar gone the second the spurs acquired him. i said this team would be irreverent for years and they have been.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol @ thinking this is some sort of game of who has been right and who has been wrong

So clueless that all you think about is your simpleton takes from your feeble mind

It's like arguing with a 5th grader-- not at all worth entertaining

Come back when you've graduated high school

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the yes crew:

What is the price tag to keep him and for how many years? Is there a certain point that makes you say
    no? And is it years or $ that is the dealbreaker. Is a 4 year max deal a no brainer for you?

ive detailed my answer but I want to hear from a different perspective.
    I'm not in either crew...for me it depends on the contract vs what we can get for him by trading him....but to answer your question, I'd like a 2 year contract between 65-70M as my max... if it were a 3 year deal I'd be ok with 90M but descending by the year...(ex. Yr 1- $37 yr 2- 33M and yr 3- 20M)

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    You've owned yourself enough on this site
    Lol @ thinking this is some sort of game of who has been right and who has been wrong
    oh, so i've owned myself for being right. that sounds just like your type of logic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have never been a fan of his but surprisingly this is a tough question. Demar is a good at player development in the sense that young guys get better around him. He has a way of elevating their games. He's the type of guy I feel you can keep around until one of the young players becomes a legit star and that's when you throw him away. On the flip side like some have said in this thread the Spurs are going to be a low seed with him for a while that gets bounced out of the first round. If the team is bad without him they can gamble on the younger guys getting better and acquiring a new star through the lottery. It's tough for me to decide whether to get rid of him or keep him. Whatever the Spurs decide I'm fine with it.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also consider that, excluding garbage time, the Spurs have the #18 offense and #6 defense right now. For all the complaints about DDR's defense, he is very efficient on offense and his usage is high but not exorbitant. Without him I think the Spurs offense would be hard-pressed to stay out of the bottom 5.

Having a good defense is great and all, but it's only half the game. I could see it being somewhat more important than offense to a le contender, but for a team that's just trying to sneak into the playoffs a bad offense is hard to overcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Offensive rating and efficiency stats are driven heavily by 3 point shooting

if anything, I’d argue the at ude of those stats reflects the leadership of who is driving them. I think a team with derozan as a featured piece can be a really good team, but an offense led by him unless it’s with 4 40% 3 point shooters is probably not going to be lighting up efficiency stats and orating.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wanted demar gone the second the spurs acquired him. i said this team would be irreverent for years and they have been.
    There's a reasonable chance we'd be near a top 4 seed this year if we'd of played the RRT and kept the roster intact. That's a little better than irrelevant.

Not sure the tanking strategy puts us in a better position. Look at the other teams' success who have gone that route in recent years. Unless we move the team to LA there's no magic switch to flip so we're talking about a 5-8 year "process" for a full rebuild with no guarantee of success.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a reasonable chance we'd be near a top 4 seed this year if we'd of played the RRT and kept the roster intact. That's a little better than irrelevant.

Not sure the tanking strategy puts us in a better position. Look at the other teams' success who have gone that route in recent years. Unless we move the team to LA there's no magic switch to flip so we're talking about a 5-8 year "process" for a full rebuild with no guarantee of success.
    On thing is that we neve won a Championship by getting Key players through trades we won les through guys we drafted. The problem is that the guys we drafted David Robinson, and Tim Duncan are once in a lifetime players the odds of us getting Timmy was like someone winning the Lotto twice - Not ever going to happen again in our lifetime

So we either tank and hope for a third miracle or do something we have never really done and build through trades. I do agree we came close with LMA that one year KY got hurt and all broke out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want him back. Two year deal for a good price would be ideal, but the Spurs are gonna offer him a max deal. No doubt in my mind. Not saying I agree with that price, but that is what I see happening. He deserves to be the highest paid player on the team based on nothing else than production, but as many other posters have said, the devil is in the details of the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you make a poll you have an option of letting everyone see who voted for what.

but OP didn’t enable it cause he’s a idiot.
    Ah okay I remember that feature. Dejounte can you edit the poll to reveal the ballot? From the looks of it it's gonna be a 50-50 split. I would've sworn this forum was heavily pro-DeRozan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ah okay I remember that feature. Dejounte can you edit the poll to reveal the ballot? From the looks of it it's gonna be a 50-50 split. I would've sworn this forum was heavily pro-DeRozan.
    No, I can't. I don't see the point other than for trolls to shame other people. Let people think what they want to think and let those who feel comfortable stating their position do so themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's the maximum 2 year deal he can sign? 95mil?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Might as well keep him-

since the main argument im seeing (although didnt read EVERY post) is that the young guys would get his playing time

EXCEPT

Pop would just get ANOTHER old guy and still play him over the young guys

so might as well keep him- at least Derozan has been a good trooper!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I voted “No”

I appreciate how he has changed his game some and helped the young guys. I also think he is a good player but I feel in order to keep him our team is gonna have to overpay and his skill set and age doesn’t justify overpaying to keep him.

he isn’t as bad as most of you think and a lot of folks talking trash and saying the team will be fine is going to really see how much we miss him when he is gone in my opinion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People would be salivating over themselves if we were pursuing a 31 year old, 6'7" free agent, multi-time all-star averaging 20, 5 and 7, who's a loyal, team player.

We have one and half the forum want him gone. Cracks me up.

News flash, we're not going to fill that void overnight. So be prepared for a nice step back in compe iveness if he walks.
    I think the ‘no’ voters are getting lumped together here. Not everyone that voted ‘nay’ is a DDR hater.
    ‘When you look at the teams depth chart - the wing or 2/3 hybrid; is inarguably our deepest and most talented position.

KJ, Vassell, Lonnie can all play the 3; not to mention in certain lineups DJ and D White can pinch hit.

Dejounte was clear in the polls opening post - it’s a binary choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah we'd have a glut, but instead of getting a piss return on Derozan, trading youth (something that has to happen in most situations) brings back a real return. Lets punt on free agency, and do some actually win win trades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have max cap space for 2022 so the Spurs can sign a player that's likely worse than DDR?
    Worse than what a washed up 34 year old Derozan will be at that point?! In 2 years the FA crop is a lot more promising. Why pay $25-$30 million on a player who makes you maybe a 6th seed a best? When you can not pay him, develop the young roster by building chemistry and on court situational development and end up a 6-8 seed without him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the right price, sure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Move on. Should have traded a year ago. Now let go as fast as possible.

Thread Information