Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are missing the obvious. It will be Dell Arena. Dell and his group didn't buy 30% of the Spurs for bragging rights. They are playing the long game and waiting to buy another 21% and move the Spurs to Austin. Hopefully they'll be called the Texas Spurs in 2030.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    El Chivito's Torta Arena
    God bless you. Tried that place a few months ago. Hard to find tortas ahogadas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As much as I would hate to see the SA Spurs move from SA to Austin or between the two metro areas, that would be better than someplace far away. I think enough of the owner group is tied to South Central Texas to keep the franchise there long term. The team has enough history and Gravitas to be a long term fixture. Of course, that can change too if the ownership mix changes significantly.

HEB, Dell, USAA, Whataburger would be decent possible naming sponsors. Oh, Frost Bank as well. I kind of hate AT&T anyway. They can pound sand given their crappy customer service and products.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just say no to Smoothie King... that's an embarrassment already, lmao

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looks pretty legit. I'll have to check it out next time I am in town.

I miss all my old taco spots....Cristan's Tacos used to be my go-to. , I miss Las Palapas at this point.

Anybody who says that Austin has better tacos and Mexican food than San Antonio needs to get their head examined.
    If you never had tortas ahogadas, they're carnitas (eg fried pork) tortas, with some refried beans and pickled red onion dipped in thin hot sauce (or if you get it to go they'll give you a baggie of the sauce to dump on your sandwich when you eat it). Bread they use there stays crunchy on the outside but soaks up all that nice heat on the inside. If you just get the straight hot sauce without cutting it with the tomato one it is ing hot, like sweating and mouth turns red after eating hot. Almost like popping a couple of raw habeneros hot. Even someone like me who loves heat will practically go through a liter of water eating one lol. I have never actually had anything but the hottest one there. Always meaning to try the birria too but hard to resist the torta when I'm on that side of town.

ing Las Palapas. Tacos are pretty good there but the salsa is dog , which ruins the place for me. Only thing I can order there is like bean and cheese since I don't usually put sauce on those or machacado a la Mexicana since I think that comes with some jalapeno or serrano already in it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rnc headquarters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My guess is that it will either be Dell or USAA.
    The Dell Center, USAA Arena, HEB Arena/Center. The name should reflect something local or close by. Just as long as it isn't something dumb like the Smoothie King Arena. Seems those guys really sold out for the money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan Center imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the comments from the link hating on Pop because of his political stance, etc.
    Kinda what happens when a celebrity publishes his partisan political views. He's certainly free to do that and people are free to respond in kind. Two way Street

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Taco Bell.

Emperor Duncan>>>>>King James tim_duncan_fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Frost or HEB.

Kinda what happens when a celebrity publishes his partisan political views. He's certainly free to do that and people are free to respond in kind. Two way Street
    By partisan, do you mean not racist?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well the arena looks like a giant dumpster, so Republic Sanitation Services Arena

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well the arena looks like a giant dumpster, so Republic Sanitation Services Arena
    Nah, it looks like a big barn. Tractor Supply.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only $2M a year? That's a damn bargain

Let's all chip in for

Kori Ellis Baketball Princess Arena

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WM/Waste Management Arena… since that’s what the product will be on the court.. trash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joe Sanchez Fill Dirt and Bumper Repair Service on Zarzamora Center

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are missing the obvious. It will be Dell Arena. Dell and his group didn't buy 30% of the Spurs for bragging rights. They are playing the long game and waiting to buy another 21% and move the Spurs to Austin. Hopefully they'll be called the Texas Spurs in 2030.
    Even if the Spurs move they aren’t physically taking the arena. They do other things at that arena too lol

That being said, the most ideal thing is to start the process of building a new arena in a better location. Prime candidates for the current arena would be like USAA, HEB, Frost, Valero, etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you never had tortas ahogadas, they're carnitas (eg fried pork) tortas, with some refried beans and pickled red onion dipped in thin hot sauce (or if you get it to go they'll give you a baggie of the sauce to dump on your sandwich when you eat it). Bread they use there stays crunchy on the outside but soaks up all that nice heat on the inside. If you just get the straight hot sauce without cutting it with the tomato one it is ing hot, like sweating and mouth turns red after eating hot. Almost like popping a couple of raw habeneros hot. Even someone like me who loves heat will practically go through a liter of water eating one lol. I have never actually had anything but the hottest one there. Always meaning to try the birria too but hard to resist the torta when I'm on that side of town.

ing Las Palapas. Tacos are pretty good there but the salsa is dog , which ruins the place for me. Only thing I can order there is like bean and cheese since I don't usually put sauce on those or machacado a la Mexicana since I think that comes with some jalapeno or serrano already in it.
    Yeah, Las Palapas' salsa game is weak. Might as well just be a bowl of tomato sauce. Pretty sure you could put a can of Rotel in a blender and end up with more flavor.

I used to love their Tacos Nortenos but they took it off the menu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even if the Spurs move they aren’t physically taking the arena. They do other things at that arena too lol

That being said, the most ideal thing is to start the process of building a new arena in a better location. Prime candidates for the current arena would be like USAA, HEB, Frost, Valero, etc.
    Blech at the idea of taxpayers building them another arena, which is what would need to happen since we're not LA, NYC, or SF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Las Palapas' salsa game is weak. Might as well just be a bowl of tomato sauce. Pretty sure you could put a can of Rotel in a blender and end up with more flavor.

I used to love their Tacos Nortenos but they took it off the menu.
    I wonder if the cooks there make their own salsa for themselves when they take lunch breaks. They have to, I can't imagine any Mexican enjoying that flavorless . I can't understand how a place can have good tacos and completely worthless salsa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blech at the idea of taxpayers building them another arena, which is what would need to happen since we're not LA, NYC, or SF.
    The AT&T center was built with funding from an increase in hotel and rental car taxes and 28.5 million from the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of the comments from the link hating on Pop because of his political stance, etc.
    MAGAts have nothing to do but whine and anywhere they can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The AT&T center was built with funding from an increase in hotel and rental car taxes and 28.5 million from the Spurs.
    So taxpayers paid tax to gift the Spurs an arena.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So taxpayers paid tax to gift the Spurs an arena.
    Sounds like tourists paid taxes to gift the Spurs an arena, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like tourists paid taxes to gift the Spurs an arena, tbh
    Spurs owners got a free arena, basically.

Thread Information