Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm lagging behind a bit here, but does White's making the senior team mean he's now likely to make the final team? Or is he still a long shot?
    From today's ESPN:
    . The team now has 17 players on the roster, with injured guards Kyle Lowry (thumb) and Marcus Smart (calf) to be reexamined early next week. There probably will be another cut before next weekend, when the Americans depart for Australia for three exhibition games, but the team might not cut to the final 12 until 48 hours before its first World Cup game in China on Sept. 1, Colangelo said..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be a shoe-in if Lowry and Smart drop out bc of injuries. I feel like they already would've if there was a chance they wouldn't be ready for the WC though.

The fact that Young and Adebayo got cut while Bagley got promoted is good news for White though. It means that even though Fox got promoted first, if White outplays him he can take his spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you wanted it to be about Derrick White then perhaps you shouldn't have been such a ing insecure with the le, TBH. Not sure why y'all have to turn this into Manu and TP again. Just root for both to be successful. Not sure why you'd want anyting else.
    Thread le is just a factual statement though, tbf.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread le is just a factual statement though, tbf.
    Your first thought wasn't to praise white, it was to on those who like Murray. Thats why you worded it like that and why you couldn't make the post without mentioning Murray. s dumb.

#POPOUT
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    white is the worst pg in usa team now and the last option from the bench.
    1.kemba
    2.fox
    3.lowry
    4.smart
    5.white

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good for White. I hope he can make the final team. Coming this far is a big deal nonetheless.

The Big Three Southwest Texas Fan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you wanted it to be about Derrick White then perhaps you shouldn't have been such a ing insecure with the le, TBH. Not sure why y'all have to turn this into Manu and TP again. Just root for both to be successful. Not sure why you'd want anyting else.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More practice against good compe ion. Nothing but positives

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last thing we saw from Murray was him getting dog house treatment on the playoffs, despite being the "starting PG", tbh.
    Dog treatment? You mean, like getting benched in a Game 7? Oh, wait a minute...

Enough of this Murray vs. White , though. Let's just root for both of them. I think Murray is the better player but I want both of them to succeed and be Spurs players for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Enough of this Murray vs. White , though. Let's just root for both of them. I think Murray is the better player but I want both of them to succeed and be Spurs players for a long time.
    No, I mean like getting your token start each half and then never re-entering the game during the whole series, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your first thought wasn't to praise white, it was to on those who like Murray. Thats why you worded it like that and why you couldn't make the post without mentioning Murray. s dumb.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why does it have to be a compe ion between them.. the best PG will assume the role.. their skill sets are different enough to work well together IMO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? They're both on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From today's ESPN:
    Cheers man. Thanks.

Hope White makes the cut

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop didn't put White in the doghouse that game, White walked in there himself and laid down. All Pop did was shut the door.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Welcome to Spurstalk. You must be new here, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook how bout bucher's cred?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook how bout bucher's cred?
    Already addressed in the first thread, Homes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This tbh

this is the same got who said Doncic was a scrub

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I like White, and congrats to him for getting officially moved up to the Senior USA Team. But being the best PG on this Spurs roster is sort of a dubious honor, don't you think? Sort of like being the best FT shooter on some of those old Spurs teams. The bar really isn't that high.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People forget how good Murray was becoming. And how he is younger than White. Gonna be a great fun backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who cares? They're both on the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A Murray/White backcourt could be fun to watch.

Especially if White can add consistency to his outside jumper (which I think he can)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte and Derrick have to reduce drastically their turnovers. I'm eager to watch them play in October as I'm sure both of them have improved their game. I expect Murray shooting mechanics and ball handling to be better but he'll need some time to readapt to NBA rythm. White should show more consistency taking decissions, not risking the ball (hard to do for a creative player). They need to be more solid in offense and defense: they can make plays in both ends but they still have concentracion gaps.

I keep thinking Murray is Pop and Spurs' new on court General due to his character and communication skills. Popovich wants a PG that leads the offense executing the plays, controling the tempo and feeding players in their spots. White is not that kind of player, he's more intuitive and creative. I see him more in a Ginobili role: coming off the bench, leading the second unit with freedom of action.

Sure they can play together, hopefully closing games. This would mean they're reliable attacking and defending in the clutch time. The 2019-20 season should take them to another level, stablishing both as good NBA starters. Walker IV is one year behind them following the same path. To me, the interesting stuff will come from the 2020-21 season.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    No, I mean like getting your token start each half and then never re-entering the game during the whole series, tbh.
    I'm going to go ahead and say this is a lie.

Thread Information