Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams have adjusted their gamestyle, at ude towards players, their drafting philisophies to fit the current gamestyle. While the spurs are stuck with players with poor athletisim favouring "culture" more, great teams have made opposite moves. They're getting younger, more athletic, and the players treat the sports with Passion as opposed to it being a Job

GSW
    Boston
    Phili
    Utah
    Houston

These teams are making progress in their teams and organizational structure while the spurs are stuck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly is having problems of their own with Colangelo, and Houston is literally dependent on CP0 and LeBron taking paycut to stay relevant. The others are better, yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Utah lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah, they just had an unfortunate injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Philly is having problems of their own with Colangelo, and Houston is literally dependent on CP0 and LeBron taking paycut to stay relevant. The others are better, yes.
    Meh the Colangelo thing is only a PR issue but strcuturally speaking it doesnt affect the players. Houston Got CP0 because they were more aggressive on pursuing him in the first place. Phili is safe.

The fact is players want to play for Houston and Phili.

The Spurs have done themselves a massive diservice in the last 4 years. Its now a known team where players get the least amount of credit. No one wants to play here.

There is no passion in the lrganization anymore. Its just a boring ass jump.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh the Colangelo thing is only a PR issue but strcuturally speaking it doesnt affect the players. Houston Got CP0 because they were more aggressive on pursuing him in the first place. Phili is safe.

The fact is players want to play for Houston and Phili.

The Spurs have done themselves a massive diservice in the last 4 years. Its now a known team where players get the least amount of credit. No one wants to play here.

There is no passion in the lrganization anymore. Its just a boring ass jump.
    You see Pop retiring anytime soon or does he still want to enjoy his celebrity status and soapbox? Even if he leaves, where does the passion come from?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all dependant on if Kawhi stops being a got really. The team was built surprisingly well this year we just never got to see it.

Murray-LDN-Kawhi-Gay-LMA is full of length.
    Manu, Anderson, Fatty, and even Pau are ok as minute fillers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You see Pop retiring anytime soon or does he still want to enjoy his celebrity status and soapbox? Even if he leaves, where does the passion come from?
    Hard to say. He got votes for Best coach this year despite going from 62 wins to 47. Most coaches will get murdered if that ever happens..people will say its a superstar only team with no coach

He's going to stay until he no longer enjoys the media blowjobs.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 5? They'd be lucky to be Top 20 if Kawhi walks

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol @ OP's troll attempts, not even sure why anyone would respond with a serious take to his clear weak efforts..

Better question is whether aunt is his 1-5 top pieces of ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No...we aren't a top 5 organization... I think it's obvious... You can only run on reputation for so long... Our last great move was drafting Kawhi... Since then we have given horrible contracts, had a star demand a trade, threw shade at their top 3 player publicly, and had some bad coaching sprinkled in between... One of which cost us a ring

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think they may have to move LMA to get back to the beautiful game. They can beat any team based on talent and iso ball by playing team ball. It's all about getting the right players. Green became an NBA regular because of the team game. Bottom line is the Spurs have gotten away from what they do. We use to always get back and limit the fast break. Now a PG like Murray is crashing the boards which makes for nice stats but more fast breaks to the opposite team. If anything, we need to get back to who we use to play. We need a rim protector, and we need to run the other team's shooters off the the three point line and into the rim protector. The Spurs way is sound. We've just gotten away from it.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I think they may have to move LMA to get back to the beautiful game. They can beat any team based on talent and iso ball by playing team ball. It's all about getting the right players. Green became an NBA regular because of the team game. Bottom line is the Spurs have gotten away from what they do. We use to always get back and limit the fast break. Now a PG like Murray is crashing the boards which makes for nice stats but more fast breaks to the opposite team. If anything, we need to get back to who we use to play. We need a rim protector, and we need to run the other team's shooters off the the three point line and into the rim protector. The Spurs way is sound. We've just gotten away from it.
    great points. I also think trying to out pace and space state is dumb. Rox did well in WCF because of defense not outshooting Dubs. A helathy anthony davis at Center in teh spurs system with KL would work beautifully surrounded by 3 and D wings and a pace and space PG. that way you can pund them inside when needed and chase their shooters off the 3pt line.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Originally Posted by HI-FI

Hard to say. He got votes for Best coach this year despite going from 62 wins to 47. Most coaches will get murdered if that ever happens..people will say its a superstar only team with no coach

He's going to stay until he no longer enjoys the media blowjobs.

Exactly. Coach Attention isn't going anywhere.
    Envisions himself in shades of glory after he sits on the bench for a stacked Olympic team winning. Which i'm not so sure he won't screw that up too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shades of glory after he sits on the bench for a stacked Olympic team winning. Which i'm not so sure he won't screw that up too.
    I feel the same way. Whatever young player or players are lighting up the world in 2020 can surely expect ol' Poop to bench them because "these Olympics aren't for them". It would not shock me if his outdated coaching style costs the U.S. the gold, tbqfh.

Oh and to answer OP's question: Between Poop, his family situation and lack of enthusiasm for anything basketball, Kawhi and how PATFO has handled the situation, the SJW cheer squad, to the roster with awful contracts and no great prospects...No. Definitely not a top 5 organization at the moment.

Probably more like the top 5 of the bottom 15 teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No...we aren't a top 5 organization... I think it's obvious... You can only run on reputation for so long... Our last great move was drafting Kawhi... Since then we have given horrible contracts, had a star demand a trade, threw shade at their top 3 player publicly, and had some bad coaching sprinkled in between... One of which cost us a ring
    Spurs got to the WCF last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Serious question OP. Do you really believe the stuff you say about the Spurs org because you're that much of a Kawhi fan? or are you just trying to perfect your troll game?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Teams have adjusted their gamestyle, at ude towards players, their drafting philisophies to fit the current gamestyle. While the spurs are stuck with players with poor athletisim favouring "culture" more, great teams have made opposite moves. They're getting younger, more athletic, and the players treat the sports with Passion as opposed to it being a Job

GSW
    Boston
    Phili
    Utah
    Houston

These teams are making progress in their teams and organizational structure while the spurs are stuck.
    I am sorry, by what definition are we calling a Top organization.. Last i checked SPURS have made the playoff's last 20 yrs & consistently are among top 3 or 4 records in Association.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all dependant on if Kawhi stops being a got really. The team was built surprisingly well this year we just never got to see it.

Murray-LDN-Kawhi-Gay-LMA is full of length.
    Manu, Anderson, Fatty, and even Pau are ok as minute fillers.
    lol sorry but this team was built for this past year we sign 3 G league players Forbes, Joffrey, and Paul. We didn’t make any trades. If we want to compete for real they have to be real with getting scrub players and letting go players who no longer produce. Ie. Tony, Forbes, Paul, Joffrey, And I don't shoot the ball Anderson.
    shoot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like bottom 5 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol sorry but this team was built for this past year we sign 3 G league players Forbes, Joffrey, and Paul. We didn’t make any trades. If we want to compete for real they have to be real with getting scrub players and letting go players who no longer produce. Ie. Tony, Forbes, Paul, Joffrey, And I don't shoot the ball Anderson.
    shoot
    Anderson is one of the better defenders in the league and should have considered some All-defensive team considerations. Forbes, Paul, Joffrey were major disappointments that cost a minimum contract. Not trading, including not letting go of a first for Bradley, which ended up 18th pick, was the best non move, considering Leonard never came back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s easier to look like a great organization when you’ve spent some years in the lottery acquiring talent.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And can Utah be stop 5 organization when they keep losing their best players once they become free agents?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And can Utah be stop 5 organization when they keep losing their best players once they become free agents?
    Yes because none of those guys were franchise players.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you fckn kidding OP.

Small team in a less desirable city a victim of its own success?

Yes.

No passion from Pop because he talks about Trump.
    Sure. Or maybe he could just burn the fck out of his players like Tibs...
    Spurs in the East And this is never posted.

Thread Information