Page 154 of 212 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 5300
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dont worry about the minutiae of data reporting. Just look at the overall trends. Even if the data is inconsistent day to day, it still tells a clear picture over time. See my above graph. You'll see how isomorphic the trends are.

They could be giving us very granular data per zip code, but have decided NOT to do so. I don't understand why.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree the tends aren't looking good. But there was pretty low level community transmission up until June.

Can't get the curve down until some unknown threshold of susceptible people are infected, tho.
    Texas was sheltering in place pretty well. Scroll down.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...-america/texas

About 40-50 percent reduced mobility from late March til Late April, which made May's growth curve look good. And throughout the first half of May, still around 30 percent reduced. But then we see it creeping up and reaching 20 percent reduced by the first week of June. When you factor in complacency due to social distancing fatigue (when this first started, people were avoiding each other like it was the plague. Not so anymore) + hotter weather driving people indoors + exponential growth = the current situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree the tends aren't looking good. But there was pretty low level community transmission up until June.

Can't get the curve down until some unknown threshold of susceptible people are infected, tho.
    If people can get infected twice, your herd immunity theory is bunk.

But you'll keep pushing it because YouTube told you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Texas was sheltering in place pretty well. Scroll down.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...-america/texas

About 40-50 percent reduced mobility from late March til Late April, which made May's growth curve look good. And throughout the first half of May, still around 30 percent reduced. But then we see it creeping up and reaching 20 percent reduced by the first week of June. When you factor in complacency due to social distancing fatigue (when this first started, people were avoiding each other like it was the plague. Not so anymore) + hotter weather driving people indoors + exponential growth = the current situation.
    Interesting that the colder weather also drives people inside. Sounds like our foreseeable lulls may come when the weather is pleasant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If people can get infected twice, your herd immunity theory is bunk.

But you'll keep pushing it because YouTube told you

You love the idea of no immunity. Such a pessimist.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I guess we might be at that point where we just have to wait for enough people to die.

I don't think other countries threw in the towel like that.

My Team
    Sacramento Kings
    Post Count
    You love the idea of no immunity. Such a pessimist.
    He read an article on Vox where this one doctor had one patient

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess we might be at that point where we just have to wait for enough people to die.

I don't think other countries threw in the towel like that.

I was told we needed to flatten the curve. Did we do that?

If the goal was to make case counts to go zero until a vaccine was available, then we failed miserably.

Again, I say compare the curve for TX to NY on covid.heatlthdata.org for some perspective.

I don't think Abbott will be making artwork of Texas' "death mountain", like Cuomo has.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

Then we gave up.

You need to quit using New York as an excuse for our failure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes.

Then we gave up.

You need to quit using New York as an excuse for our failure.

Not an excuse. Perspective on the current hysteria.

Our curve is almost nonexistent compared to theirs.

We are stressed, but coping.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not an excuse. Perspective on the current hysteria.

Our curve is almost nonexistent compared to theirs.

We are stressed, but coping.
    There you go again....

It's pretty pathetic at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A county that goes from 1 to 5 cases, has a 400% increase in cases.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you make yourself feel better doing this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I try to see if the hype comports with reality.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I try to see if the hype comports with reality.
    You certainly hype up the situation in New York.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If the goal was to make case counts to go zero until a vaccine was available, then we failed miserably.

Again, I say compare the curve for TX to NY on covid.heatlthdata.org for some perspective.

I don't think Abbott will be making artwork of Texas' "death mountain", like Cuomo has.
    Flattening the curve means keeping it flat. It's not a license to yolo it once you've bent the curve.

As for the bolded, not sure why you're framing this as some compe ion? I posted a thread months ago showing the differences of how respiratory illnesses affect New Yorkers more severely vs. less dense populated warm weather states like FL, CA, and TX. Furthermore, New York counts probable deaths while Texas doesn't.

What I'm sure is frustrating many Texans ITT is that Texas had the curve crushed. But they had no plan on how to open and how to mitigate. No comprehensive test-and-trace program in place. No state wide mask ordinance. No phased reopening strategy. Bars and churches and indoor simultaneously opened with everything else. Turning dip s like S y Luther into freedumb martyrs which I'm sure inspired many more to buck authority. And now we're seeing the results of all that.

Texas could've been a New Zealand or Australia.
    Last edited by midnightpulp; 07-17-2020 at 10:53 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chumpdump sealioning for years and claims to not be a troll

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chumpdump sealioning for years and claims to not be a troll
    thldren claims to know math.

Shows no math.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flattening the curve means keeping it flat. It's not a license to yolo it once you've bent the curve.

As for the bolded, not sure why you're framing this as some compe ion? I posted a thread months ago showing the differences of how respiratory illnesses affect New Yorkers more severely vs. less dense populated warm weather states like FL, CA, and TX. Furthermore, New York counts probable deaths while Texas doesn't.

What I'm sure is frustrating many Texans ITT is that Texas had the curve crushed. But they had no plan on how to open and how to mitigate. No comprehensive test-and-trace program in place. No state wide mask ordinance. No phased reopening strategy. Bars and churches and indoor simultaneously opened with everything else. Turning dip s like S y Luther into freedumb martyrs which I'm sure inspired many more to buck authority. And now we're seeing the results of all that.

This is literally the worst post of all time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

There's plenty to criticize, but the current hysteria around southern states (and CA), need to be put into perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's plenty to criticize, but the current hysteria around southern states (and CA), need to be put into perspective.
    "At least we're not New York" isn't a good perspective. Remember when we considered Italy Armageddon? NY and NJ had nearly 3x the death rate as Italy. You're not so much as putting things into perspective as you are desensitized because NY and NJ had the worst outbreak in the entire world.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, is anyone paying attention to the demographics of cases? Is San Antonio only 16% white? Because, that's the percentage of cases. 74% hispanic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, is anyone paying attention to the demographics of cases? Is San Antonio only 16% white? Because, that's the percentage of cases. 74% hispanic
    why should that matter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "At least we're not New York" isn't a good perspective. Remember when we considered Italy Armageddon? NY and NJ had nearly 3x the death rate as Italy. You're not so much as putting things into perspective as you are desensitized because NY and NJ had the worst outbreak in the entire world.
    What should we (Texans) compare our situation to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why should that matter?
    It probably matters to people trying to track the outbreak. Do people with European ancestry have more immunity to covid-19?

Thread Information