Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The '03 Spurs gave them a pretty hard time especially in game 6 when they played in Staples.
    I think any spurs team would give them a hard time but I think the 2014 spurs were the most complete version of themselves. I wanna say any era spurs would give them a hard time since Duncans arrival but there were a few years in there that were meh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That leaves us with only the Celtics, Lakers, Pistons, Bulls, Rockets and Heat as the only franchises to repeat as champions in NBA history, Thanks to the Warriors' loss, only 4 teams in the NBA's 70 seasons have won 5 or more les, one of them being an expansion team and the other an old ABA team. Only one team that won a le no longer plays (the original Baltimore Bullets).
    Yep. And we can thank "6" for adding the Heat to that list otherwise it's only 5.
    More than Duncan not getting 6 or Lebron tying MJ or any other ring counts ... the chase for 16 and being one of the few to repeat are the "counts" that matter to me.
    At the end of the day ... arguing if Lebron is greater than MJ if he gets to 5 based on his other accolades or any other player arguments ...they are fun ...but the banners are what matter to me most..

Repeating or going "backtoback" is nice but Mid is right, you do NOT get "double points" ... but it does speak to the dominance of a team.
    The Lakers of 2009-2010 and the Clutch city rox are the weakest of the repeat teams ...but if they do not repeat, they are placed in a category of the one and done boys like the 2006 or 2011 Mavs. Repeating validates those teams as non flukes or lighting in the bottle teams.

As it pertains to the Spurs, obviously they are no flukes tor not even one and done boys ... they won 5 les ...but it is strange they never repeated.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 06-21-2016 at 07:43 AM.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I keep thinking about that time I lost count of our repeats and Kool had to tote 'em up proper for me.
    LA Lakers went back to back twice and had a three-peat in the sixties. Of course, those were all losses.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LA Lakers went back to back twice and had a three-peat in the sixties. Of course, those were all losses.
    See, you can be just as a big an a-hole as the next a-hole in the line.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See, you can be just as a big an a-hole as the next a-hole in the line.
    Better to be original than say the same sh** over and over like a minion though.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Better to be original than say the same sh** over and over like a minion though.
    My ass. You and your fellows repeat the same as I do. It's just "Kobe related" . Then I come back over the top with my .

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My ass. You and your fellows repeat the same as I do. It's just "Kobe related" . Then I come back over the top with my .
    You really complaining about people talking sh** about the Lakers/Kobe on a Spurs site? You're the outsider, dude. You have to take sh** in stride; and then, people will be fine if you're not the proverbial homer. But being a mindless stooge and complaining about sh** is something else.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You really complaining about people talking sh** about the Lakers/Kobe on a Spurs site? You're the outsider, dude. You have to take sh** in stride; and then, people will be fine if you're not the proverbial homer. But being a mindless stooge and complaining about sh** is something else.
    I'm not complaining. Just stating the facts.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not complaining. Just stating the facts.
    I don't mind the trolling, honestly. I just think you should try not sounding like a broken record.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don't mind the trolling, honestly. I just think you should try not sounding like a broken record.
    I ain't no different than the loyal opposition. They attack Lakers/Kobe like a broken record. I attack Spurs/Duncan like a broken record. (They) just don't want to take it. They only want to dish it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting with LeBron just getting one repeat and getting so many tries.

You'd have to imagine if Duncan, Dirk, or kg played in the weaker conference they'd have a better chance of repeating.

I feel l like even gasols repeat is kind of better than LeBrons.

Likewise Duncan's failure to repeat is the least pathetic failure because he went 3/5 which is close to a MF five peat! ! !

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It'll be interesting with LeBron just getting one repeat and getting so many tries.

You'd have to imagine if Duncan, Dirk, or kg played in the weaker conference they'd have a better chance of repeating.

Likewise Duncan's failure to repeat is the least pathetic failure because he went 3/5 which is close to a MF five peat! ! !
    This post is so in awful.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So the question shifts: Do the Cavs repeat to join this elusive club of repeating NBA champions? OR do they get fat and content off this le and lose next season to the West champion?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    So the question shifts: Do the Cavs repeat to join this elusive club of repeating NBA champions? OR do they get fat and content off this le and lose next season to the West champion?
    Bend over. I'll show you something fat and content

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes you respect the greats like Shaq and Pau.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bend over. I'll show you something fat and content
    Your mom coming with the BBC strap-on? Don't be over compensating, son. You ain't bringing anything "fat and content" other then maybe your Hot Pocket eating obese self.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

In my RAW voice ...
    That Eddie, sure IS funny

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DMC GTFIH and spin why the cuck could never repeat chubz.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes you respect the greats like Shaq and Pau.
    Don't forget Robert Horry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC GTFIH and spin why the cuck could never repeat chubz.
    He (correctly) believes in non linear time. Only humans insist time obeys rules. Wizards See past that .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repeating means that the odds are stacked so much in favour of one team that it can sail through the issues throughout more than one full season and still ring. It is also no coincidence that outside of Detroit, all the teams that repeated (Celtics, Lakers, Miami, Chicago, Houston) are from big markets that can afford to carry extra personnel (luxury tax), and/or can attract the right players to play for them.

Detroit was still a relatively large city in the late 80s, and the fact is that they had to change the way people approach the game of basketball to win championships on the "cheap", but still carried multiple HoFers with a solid supporting cast.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

In my RAW voice ...
    That Eddie, sure IS funny
    That's one of my favorite parts of RAW. I've been in that situation.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's one of my favorite parts of RAW. I've been in that situation.
    no doubt. all these years later still relevant.
    Im sure many guys here have seen a TV show or movie where a guys cheats and then has to explain why we would not do the same ...
    Or the situation where a girl tries to portray their not easy and makes you wait Leasing the pu$$y with an option to buy ...so much great stuff.
    Eddie was in a dark place relationship wise ...but some brutally honest comedy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am pretty happy with championships in each of the last three decades. Spurs got one in the 90s, 2000's and the 2010's. Noone else has had such sustained excellence during that run.

Thread Information