Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When did this happened? Kawhi and his group started pulling crap in the summer of 16. It was all Kawhiso ball before that.
    2016-17 Kwa was kicking ass and taking names. Timmy Duncan Jr replacement in the making.
    Summer 2016? What specifically did Kwa and group do?

As to 15-16 season, Kwa did 50% inside arc and 44% on treys. Damn right he should have wanted the offense to be around him. Timmy Dunks retired. Don't you remember the famous clip of Pop running out at the floor and motioning to Kobme Parker to give the damn ball to Kwa?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016-17 Kwa was kicking ass and taking names. Timmy Duncan Jr replacement in the making.

As to 15-16 season, Kwa did 50% inside arc and 44% on treys. Damn right he should have wanted the offense to be around him. Timmy Dunks retired. Don't you remember the famous clip of Pop running out at the floor and motioning to Kobme Parker to give the damn ball to Kwa?
    I'm just correcting the narrative that Kawhi started this drama because Pop gave the keys back to LMA. It was actually summer of 2017 that Kawhi started all his drama with the group. The story is that they went to China that summer for his shoe tour and they completely cut off communications with the Spurs staff and started to "handle" Kawhi's mystery injury by themselves. That summer LMA did demand a trade but before then it was all Kawhiso ball and LMA was the scapegoat for the Warriors backdoor sweep.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just hope this franchise doesn't retire his jersey, it is already insane he gets to wear Bowen's number.
    I was thinking that a few weeks ago. Why is he allowed to wear retired players number

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's kind of funny. Weren't Spurs favorites when they landed LA before the 2015-2016 season started? I remember before the season started many experts picked the Cavs or Spurs to win it all although the Warriors won the chip the year before. Then the Warriors won 73 games. Spurs still had a really good season, 67 wins. But were disappointing in playoffs.
    We had a Duncan/Aldridge front line, with Manu, Tony and Kawhi. Of course we were contenders

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope. That ass Zaza doesn't happen and Spurs ring.....
    We've got Kwa locked up for at least 4 more.
    You guys forget Load Management had a ton of injuries here. There was a chance we Supermaxed him and he sat out an entire season due to his thigh owie

Believe.
    My Team
    Anybody but Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have been a warning sign when he whined about wanting to wear Bowen's retired number

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In my mind yeah- the Spurs lost their mental edge when Aldridge came on board. Parker, Duncan, Manu, Kawhi are all guys that have the championship difference- the mental toughness to perform when it really matters. Watching LaMarcus at Portland and the lack of effort he put up against the Spurs in the 2014 playoffs left doubt in my mind when he joined San Antonio and only got louder as whispers of his strange dynamic with Dame Lillard leaked in the media, this guy wasn’t and isn’t Spurs material. There’s not many players out there that a championship team can be built around truthfully, but I’d rather the Spurs take a punt in the draft than stick with known quan ies like LMA and DeRozen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drama w/ Spurs all started when Aldridge Show up in SA

Dont get me wrong i was all for LaMarsha coming to SA prior to him landing here, But 4-5 seasons into his SPURS journey i see that all the drama started once he got here.

-- No shows in big games every year
    -- Playoffs No shows
    -- Drama in LockerRoom
    -- Players calling out others
    -- Players wanting to Leave -- i beg the question, Had LA not been with the SPURS you think Koleslaw aka.#2 would have wanted to leave
    ** And worst of all, piss poor defense

** None of these ever occurred in SPURS history prior to his arrival, You can say well they had the BIG 3 which is true, but i point out to you this..

Duncan's last 2 seasons in the NBA, Is LA better than Duncan's last 2 seasons in the NBA?, If yes than why are the SPURS so bad since he's been here.

I see alot of us want to complain about DMARE, rightfully so, with his lack of 3'pt shooting & No Defense, which rivals only Harden, but at least he shows up in BIG games and gets you more than 8 pts.
    to add to the long list of lowlights for LA, prior to him we only had like 5 days with losing record, now it's in the hundreds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    #notwinningbasketball

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kind of unfortunate for Aldridge that he had to be the team's best player at its transition from excellence to mediocrity. He's a flawed "best player" and undoubtedly a big step down from what SA fans are used to. But he's been a work horse for the Spurs during its worst period in over 20 years, and without him these last 2 years would have been so much uglier, tbh.

Worst thing about this team right now isn't LMA, or even DDR. It's the fact the likes of Belinelli is averaging 18 mpg and Pop's decision-making is at its all-time worst.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs had 60 win seasons since he got here. Nephew messed all of it up. Spurs could've won multiple rings with nephew, LMA, Rudy, Danny Green, Murray and White

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ppl saying LMA is the reason we were able to make the playoffs are so ing shortsighted and stupid... That's like saying Melo was the reason the Knicks made the playoffs... Yeah sure... He is also the ing reason they got bounced in the first round... That's not an accomplishment... And do u realize there are teams that get rid of star players and unexpectedly get better? If we traded LMA back then, there is a chance whoever we got for him would have been a better fit... Because instead of dumping the ball to him every play so he doesn't cry... We may have had a more modern, free-flowing, ball movement offense... Similar to how NOBODY saw the nuggets being the best team in the west the beginning of last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just a real disappointment.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the Spurs had to do was assemble a team like the Raptors. They could have looked for PG. Focused too much on getting system players instead of talent. You need to be long and athletic and have playmakers at multiple spots. That Gasol trade was huge in that it gave them an extra playmaker.

I was against getting Aldridge originally. He always seems like a guy who gets good numbers but not really a winning player. Got totally shutdown by Splitter in '14.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Local Radio guy Mike Taylor has been going IN on the "fake Bruce Bowen"
    Give back Bruce’s 12!!!
    @ Spurs fans that want to see LMA's jersey on the rafters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop out on the court telling Parker to give it up and then old fat Tony head hung low slinking off to the corner. It was the right move and I think Parker was great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All the Spurs had to do was assemble a team like the Raptors. They could have looked for PG. Focused too much on getting system players instead of talent. You need to be long and athletic and have playmakers at multiple spots. That Gasol trade was huge in that it gave them an extra playmaker.

I was against getting Aldridge originally. He always seems like a guy who gets good numbers but not really a winning player. Got totally shutdown by Splitter in '14.
    Bucks was the first team to do this to fight the Warriors, but yes, I agree, unfortunately it's not the kind of thing Pop would do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ppl saying LMA is the reason we were able to make the playoffs are so ing shortsighted and stupid... That's like saying Melo was the reason the Knicks made the playoffs... Yeah sure... He is also the ing reason they got bounced in the first round... That's not an accomplishment... And do u realize there are teams that get rid of star players and unexpectedly get better? If we traded LMA back then, there is a chance whoever we got for him would have been a better fit... Because instead of dumping the ball to him every play so he doesn't cry... We may have had a more modern, free-flowing, ball movement offense... Similar to how NOBODY saw the nuggets being the best team in the west the beginning of last year
    I agree with the sentiment, but Spurs fans are spoiled. I've been to games in Memphis and Atlanta (when both teams were tanking for a while) and the arena was empty and seats were literally 3 bucks and the fee to buy the ticket was as much as a ticket
    My point is that we're a small market team and having a semi-compe ive team is better business wise than not having one. Suns couldn't sell tickets for years and neither could the Kings. I don't think the Spurs would do well if the team tanked business wise.
    I don't think the Spurs would've been like Denver however bc the return for LMA wouldn't have been much. Carmelo got like 4 players and 2 first round picks. LMA the bed against the Warriors and even with his supposed trade rumors we weren't even offered a lottery pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @ Spurs fans that want to see LMA's jersey on the rafters
    Send LMA back to Austin so he can get his stats with the Spurs there

Thread Information