Page 113 of 171 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123163 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 4270
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stromile Swift would be a star in today's NBA.
    Stro woouldn't be able to stay on the floor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun at 18 y/0 can still grow into something truly special. I hope he can be there at 12 but probably not

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone mentioned Delano Banton earlier. I’m a Nebraska grad, and unless something changes dramatically, he just doesn’t have NBA skills or athleticism. I get the allure of a 6-9 point forward, but he has poor agility and is an awful shooter.

He’s like a homeless man version of Kyle Anderson.

As a Nebraska grad, I was really hoping we’d take Isaiah Roby.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duplicate post.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see alit of these mocks showing GS taking Davion Mitc and the Hornets taking Josh Giddey...I don't get it...Giddey and LaMelo...really? And why would GS go for a pg?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hollinger says it's a certainty the Warriors package pick 7, Wiseman, and cap match for--hopefully---an all start to help the Warriors maximize Curry/Green/Klay window.

I'm not sure the market will offer much better than DeMar DeRozan for whomever Warriors select at 7 (Barnes? Wagner?) and Wiseman. I'm sure the Warriors would hunt for bigger game, but I don't think they land a better player without also including future picks. DeRozan makes a lot of sense in their offense, because they need another lead ball handler. He'd also feast on the space created by Steph and Klay. Warriors were awful on offense with Curry on the bench this past season. DeRozan could supply buckets when Curry rests.

It's not a great move for Warriors. But it might be about as good as they can do if the offer is only #7 and Wiseman.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hollinger says it's a certainty the Warriors package pick 7, Wiseman, and cap match for--hopefully---an all start to help the Warriors maximize Curry/Green/Klay window.

I'm not sure the market will offer much better than DeMar DeRozan for whomever Warriors select at 7 (Barnes? Wagner?) and Wiseman. I'm sure the Warriors would hunt for bigger game, but I don't think they land a better player without also including future picks. DeRozan makes a lot of sense in their offense, because they need another lead ball handler. He'd also feast on the space created by Steph and Klay. Warriors were awful on offense with Curry on the bench this past season. DeRozan could supply buckets when Curry rests.

It's not a great move for Warriors. But it might be about as good as they can do if the offer is only #7 and Wiseman.

That would be highway robbery for the Spurs. in Spurstalk will throw a party if that happens. Highly doubt it does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Disappointment after disappointment from the lack of activity by the Spurs every trade deadline, every offseason…

this is all of Spurstalk:

my guy mo7888 already has a bitter taste in his mouth

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see alit of these mocks showing GS taking Davion Mitc and the Hornets taking Josh Giddey...I don't get it...Giddey and LaMelo...really? And why would GS go for a pg?

Imo a lot of mocks are pretty hazardous, i don't see mitc in the top 10 but we'll see and offcourse i don't see the fit with GS.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Disappointment after disappointment from the lack of activity by the Spurs every trade deadline, every offseason…

They'll have to offer Wiggins to match salaries. Although DDR is clearly better, losing Wiseman and whoever is 7 is probably not enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I probably have Sengun as my #1 target. He might not have great physical tools but he gets the most out of what he has with fundamentals and puts the work in.

Giddy I find entertaining but I think he has a high bust factor. If the Spurs were inclined to keep Mills I would be more interested in Giddy to have a mentor-mentee thing going on. Giddy then could be the bench playmaker. Should be fun to watch though perhaps not conducive to winning.

I don't get Springer. I don't like guys with giant head to body ratio. Looked like Barea out there, count me out.

Not a fan of Garuba either, for someone with hyped athleticism/tools he sure doesn't have much vertical pop. Add in the remedial offense and I'm not real big on him.
    You don't like NBA Jam?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of Sengun and Giddey - I’d take Sengun.

After Ben Simmons went AWOL on the Boomers, I thought Giddey would be a lock to participate at the Olympics.
    While certainly a talented team with medal aspirations, the fact they couldn’t find room for a 6”8 - 9’ PG/wing suggests to me he’s still some ways away from contributing.

He also at this stage in development needs the ball to be effective on Offense.

So all the suggested weaknesses posted above;
    and then learning to play as an NBA wing off ball. Lots of hurdles to overcome just to get on the floor…
    wouldnt look too deep into an 18 yr old not making an Olympic team that was supposed to play last year. Because of COVID there probably wasn’t much of an opportunity to play into the team either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could really see Trey Murphy being our guy, has size, athletic, can score in more ways than he probably gets credit for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    News was the Warriors were interested in Siakam, which is the better play, but I don't know why people are undercounting DeRozan here. I know it's an ESPN world, but don't believe their incredibly slanted trash takes on who players are. DeRozan could definitely widen the GSW window considerably, and much more than a #7 pick and Wiseman, who is incredibly damaged goods right now in terms of perception -- he has a ton of work required to even understand team basketball principles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    An interesting take on a mock draft.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/n...st-nba-career/

It's back. My once-a-year mock draft is based not on team needs or team projections, but instead, purely on my forecast of who will become the best pros in this draft class. This is 1.0 of my big board mock draft, and there will be no 2.0.
    While I don't agree with everything here - it's a refreshing read compared to other mocks.

Not trying to reignite a Jaden Springer convo. - (honestly, this gentlemen has him at #27 fwiw). This Q. is purely rhetorical - but how does he not sound like a lottery pick?

Too young and too talented not to put him into the 20s. I think his ceiling in this class is Nos. 10-12, though I'm not close to going that far on him. Springer's best quality is probably his capacity for improvement and his evolution through adaptation. By that I mean: The more he played at Tennessee, the better he looked. It clearly clicked by February. He's not a vocal player, but he is someone who has a lot left to dig out of his game. Nothing he does right now is at an A level (for the NBA), but almost every facet of his game is B-to-B-plus. I think you have to take a chance on him if he's still sitting there at 26, 27 or 28.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wouldnt be unhappy with Moody but honestly his ceiling doesn’t appear that high after seeing his height. He’s relatively slow for a wing prospect but he will be solid because of his length. Doesn’t appear very athletic. Probably slightly prefer Wagner because of his size and toolset while Sengun could probably do wonders on offense for us. Those are probably my top 3 followed by Bouknight, Giddey, then Garuba of the realistic picks. Would be extra ecstatic if we trade Lonnie plus 12 for Scottie Barnes but probably a pipe dream.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Na i don’t think so. Id say take a good look at him.

i have. He couldn’t stay on the floor for a mediocre at best UT team.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stromile Swift would be a star in today's NBA.

lmfao no

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    News was the Warriors were interested in Siakam, which is the better play, but I don't know why people are undercounting DeRozan here. I know it's an ESPN world, but don't believe their incredibly slanted trash takes on who players are. DeRozan could definitely widen the GSW window considerably, and much more than a #7 pick and Wiseman, who is incredibly damaged goods right now in terms of perception -- he has a ton of work required to even understand team basketball principles.
    if they got the 7 and Wiseman without giving up the 12th, Wright should win GM of the year.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That would be highway robbery for the Spurs. in Spurstalk will throw a party if that happens. Highly doubt it does.
    It’s wildly unrealistic.

The best the Spurs could return in a pick would be 21 or later and that’s if they took a bloated contract of a way lesser player. Like highly over paid role player etc.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Did Hollinger suggest DeMar DeRozan in this scenario...or are you suggesting it in response to Hollinger pointing out that GS is looking to package assets?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if they got the 7 and Wiseman without giving up the 12th, Wright should win GM of the year.
    Wiseman isn't worth what you think he is.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wiseman isn't worth what you think he is.

wiseman imo is better than you think he is.

Thread Information