Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

Lol that’s freaking hilarious so true though

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    he's better than dalton, and nobody is calling him the best qb in the nfc/nfl

meme is funny tho

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    he's better than dalton, and nobody is calling him the best qb in the nfc/nfl

meme is funny tho
    really? because I watched quite a bit of cincinnati from 11 until he got hurt halfway thru 15 which squelched their dream season they were having that year. He was pretty damn good and did a lot of things that Dak just isn't good enough to do. They made the playoffs all 5 years, for the record, and marvin lewis was basically jason garrett north.

From 11 to 15 Dalton was consistently in the top 10 QB conversation, maybe not top 5 but top 10... Dak is considered average at best.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    really? because I watched quite a bit of cincinnati from 11 until he got hurt halfway thru 15 which squelched their dream season they were having that year. He was pretty damn good and did a lot of things that Dak just isn't good enough to do. They made the playoffs all 5 years, for the record, and marvin lewis was basically jason garrett north.

From 11 to 15 Dalton was consistently in the top 10 QB conversation, maybe not top 5 but top 10... Dak is considered average at best.
    what year is it?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    dalton's numbers regressed from 16 to 19 because the management got extremely stingy, gutted up their stud offensive line and WR corps (save for Green) within under a year, Tyler Eifert a previously top-5 league TE has suffered from chronic serious injuries starting in 16. The Bungles managment and Mike Brown pretty much set up Dalton to fail. He's not Tom Brady that can still score piles of points with a mediocre OL and makeshift WR corps, but you can argue what the Cowboys have today on offense around the QB (OL, WRs, RB) is even better than what Cinci had from 11 to 15.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is some re ed up in here.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    This is some re ed up in here.
    between 2015 and 2017 the Bengals mis-management took Marvin Jones, Mo Sanu, Andy Whitworth and Kevin Zeitler away from Andy Dalton... and former pro bowl tight end Tyler Eifert began his long string of injuries in the offseason before the 2016 regular season.

So to accurately compare the two, let's take away Gallup, Cooper, Zeke, Tyron Smith and Zack Martin (leaving Dak with only Ceedee Lamb and a terrible surrounding offense) and let's see how "re ed" Dak looks out on the field, tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    tyler eifert had one good year where he caught a lot of goal line touchdowns but even then had like 600 yards

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    tyler eifert had one good year where he caught a lot of goal line touchdowns but even then had like 600 yards
    regardless, he was a pro bowl tight end. Not every TE can be prime Gronkowski and get 1000 yards, that's not what TEs are for. They're for reliable third down options, blocking, checkdowns and red zone TDs. Eifert made the pro bowl and got hurt in the pro bowl game and that started his long string of injuries.

take away 5 of an offense's best 6 starters surrounding a QB (and not replacing them with comparable talent) and it's not too hard to see the falloff from 12-4 to 2-14 within a few short years tbh, regardless of who the QB is.

I'm not arguing Dalton is in the Brady/Brees/Mahomes/Wilson tier because he's not, but I'm simply arguing he's better than Prescott.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    between 2015 and 2017 the Bengals mis-management took Marvin Jones, Mo Sanu, Andy Whitworth and Kevin Zeitler away from Andy Dalton... and former pro bowl tight end Tyler Eifert began his long string of injuries in the offseason before the 2016 regular season.

So to accurately compare the two, let's take away Gallup, Cooper, Zeke, Tyron Smith and Zack Martin (leaving Dak with only Ceedee Lamb and a terrible surrounding offense) and let's see how "re ed" Dak looks out on the field, tbh.
    Oh ...I forgot they took Sunu away from Dalton. ...I guess you're right. How could he ever recover from that.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    regardless, he was a pro bowl tight end. Not every TE can be prime Gronkowski and get 1000 yards, that's not what TEs are for. They're for reliable third down options, blocking, checkdowns and red zone TDs. Eifert made the pro bowl and got hurt in the pro bowl game and that started his long string of injuries.

take away 5 of an offense's best 6 starters surrounding a QB (and not replacing them with comparable talent) and it's not too hard to see the falloff from 12-4 to 2-14 within a few short years tbh, regardless of who the QB is.

I'm not arguing Dalton is in the Brady/Brees/Mahomes/Wilson tier because he's not, but I'm simply arguing he's better than Prescott.
    Here's my take. You've seen all the Cowboy games. Good and bad. We know you're a pessimist so you'll pick out the worst of Prescott.
    On the other hand, it's likely you've only seen Dalton's highlights so based on that, he looks pretty dam good to you.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Here's my take. You've seen all the Cowboy games. Good and bad. We know you're a pessimist so you'll pick out the worst of Prescott.
    On the other hand, it's likely you've only seen Dalton's highlights so based on that, he looks pretty dam good to you.
    Nah. I've seen the lowlights, even in his good/playoff seasons.

But I also vividly recall him beating Prime Aaron Rodgers and still-prime Tom Brady in back to back home games, in 2013.

He's better than Prescott.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Nah. I've seen the lowlights, even in his good/playoff seasons.

But I also vividly recall him beating Prime Aaron Rodgers and still-prime Tom Brady in back to back home games, in 2013.

He's better than Prescott.
    ...if we can pick QBs from 7 years ago, why didn't they just sign Brady?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    ...if we can pick QBs from 7 years ago, why didn't they just sign Brady?
    maybe because he costs 30 million bucks instead of 7 and he's 11 years older? tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    maybe because he costs 30 million bucks instead of 7 and he's 11 years older? tbh
    Yeah...but getting Brady from 7 years ago would pretty much offset all of that. By your metrics, I'm sure we could find an even cheaper guy than 7 million.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah...but getting Brady from 7 years ago would pretty much offset all of that. By your metrics, I'm sure we could find an even cheaper guy than 7 million.
    The point is, Dalton in 2020 isn't necessarily worse than Dalton in 2015 (or 2013), his numbers and the Bengals' records have been way worse the past few years because of the degradation of the team around him, not of Dalton himself. Dalton is only 32 and doesn't have a huge injury history.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Brady to Dallas in 2020 would have been a very win now move, especially with the current roster in place, we might even be SB favorites. But Jerruh thinks too much of the 4th round comp pick backup grade QB currently on the roster and he is still (partly) convinced there's a future there. Brady to Dallas in 2020 would have all but guaranteed a Prescott trade.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    before the cowboys signed dalton, he was worse than Stidham

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    before the cowboys signed dalton, he was worse than Stidham
    then again, to be fair, we haven't seen stidham yet.

Stidham: pick 133
    Prescott: pick 135
    Dalton: Pick 35

not sure if stidham isn't as good as prescott tbh, especially with bill belichick as the coach, but he'll be thrown out to the wolves in an offense devoid of much talent sadly. If you swapped Stidham and Prescott today, not sure if there would be a difference in terms of team success, even in year 1.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Brady to Dallas in 2020 would have been a very win now move, especially with the current roster in place, we might even be SB favorites. But Jerruh thinks too much of the 4th round comp pick backup grade QB currently on the roster and he is still (partly) convinced there's a future there. Brady to Dallas in 2020 would have all but guaranteed a Prescott trade.
    defense is way too much of a question mark tbh

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    defense is way too much of a question mark tbh
    Idk about you but I'm kind of liking this defense with the new DC and FA and draft additions. Gone is the ty "bend but don't break" philosophy which started with old man Marinelli (and his ty DLine draft picks) and ended with Byron Jones who got all of 2 turnovers (one on a hail mary and the other off a deflection by the DLine playing short safety in prevent coverage) in 5 seasons. Didn't make a single interception in traditional man or zone coverage.... in 5 years. I'm glad that guy is gone.

In is McCoy, Poe to solidify the DLine, drafted a stud in the 3rd round behind them, hopefully overpaid Crawford finally GTFOs and one or both of Smith/Gregory are re-instated. LVE recovers fully off a successful surgery and lots of rest from having missed the back half of last year. Jaylon Smith finally gets to play OLB full time, both in hybrid 4-3 under and base 3-4 (and nickel) instead of MLB which was a bad spot for him to begin with (since his strengths are speed, lateral agility, tackling, blitzing and hard hitting and his weaknesses are size, strength and block shedding), Lee is back for at least another season as the other ILB when they go base 3-4 (i.e. he won't get a TON of snaps but he could be listed as a starter on case by case basis if they come out on the first defensive snap in a 3-4 formation) and the secondary also looks improved, you lose no-ball-skills Jones for a 2021 3rd round pick but you gain Diggs and HHCD, two ball hawks who thrive in coverage. HHCD and Woods are your starting safeties which allows you to play a lot of different coverages like cover evens with man, or press zone quarters (no traditional SS/box safety to be found on the team, everyone can cover) and quit relying on the single high looks and soft zone coverage.

An important chess piece will be LVE in this type of defense because he will need to be able to a) be healthy enough to hold up against the run (which he's definitely built for at his size and athleticism) and b) be able to cover deep middle in the cover evens-looks, especially against tight ends and some slot receivers, which he did a masterful job of in his rookie season but we didn't see him much last year.

The ability to move DeMarcus Lawrence around from DE to OLB back and forth will also presumably help him have a better year than last year (more like 2017/2018) since he'll be getting more favorable matchups, and offenses will no longer be able to predict when to chip him at the line etc. That's the big thing about a hybrid defense... unpredictability, which drives offenses nuts. They might be able to get a big play on you once or twice a game, but if you shut down the short stuff and stifle them most of the rest of the way, you'll win most of your football games, especially with the kind of offensive artillery the Cowboys have and as long as special teams don't completely stink up the house the way they did last year.

Biggest question mark on the roster is the QB... now that HC, C (likely), backup RB, safety, DT, CB etc have been successfully shored up. Current starting QB, if it's not Dalton, went 0-4 in games last year where he had a golden opportunity to win the game with the ball in his hands and ample time to do so... that is NOT a franchise QB, imo. Just a 4th round comp pick QB doing 4th round comp pick QB things.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    boiled down: 9-7

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Cowboys are winning double digits in 2020 provided there's a full season. Take that to the bank. Take that to Vegas, too. And then take your winnings from Vegas and go back to the bank and deposit said winnings, and pay Andrew (@realMillennialMessiah) a 10% commission for being the axis of awesome financial sports advisers.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    their over/under is 9.5 tbh

Thread Information